Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Agency Power Resonated Y-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 11:36 PM
Slatey
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
Agency Power Resonated Y-Pipe

Agency Power Resonated Y-Pipe Review

I figured I'd write this up for the ladies and gentlemen dealing with the hard-to-tame rasp that can come with certain exhaust setups and pretty much any TP/RTP/HFC on a naturally aspirated engine.

So after purchasing and installing Beluga resonated test pipes I was dealing with some heinous rasp. It was partially due to a minor breach in the stock flex pipe section of the Y-pipe and the fact it was a stock exhaust.

So after researching some exhaust setups and solutions I came across the Motordyne XYZ Resonated Y-Pipe as a pretty good candidate for eliminating rasp. Then swiftly left because who on Earth would pay $460 for a friggin' Y-Pipe, but I digress. I then stumbled upon the Agency Power Resonated Y-Pipe, but not many reviews or information, so I bit the bullet and ordered one from Vividracing.com (excellent customer service btw) for $225.00 on sale.

Link Here

First impressions

First of all the quality of this Y-pipe is fantastic. Whoever welded this is an artist. I'm no professional but I thought they were beautiful.

Includes hardware and gaskets!

Installation
Installation was a joke, 45 minutes to have the car back on the road. Fitment was perfect.

Sound

This is where things get interesting. The change in sound was immediate and drastic. The rasp went from 100% volume to about 2%. You might be able to pick it out if you are listening for it. This Y-pipe even got rid of most the notorious VQ hiss on throttle cutoff.

I dare say that it's got a stock luxury v8-esque sound to it now.

I'll try to get some better recordings down the road, but here are some initial clips.

Pre install:

Post install:

Conclusion

Buy this.

Buy this, buy this, buy this. If you are dealing with a raspy, hissy, nasty exhaust, this will likely solve your problems.

Disclaimer: Results may vary.

Last edited by Slatey; 04-08-2017 at 12:24 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Slatey:
blnewt (04-08-2017), MaQG37 (04-09-2017), Rich11G37xS (04-08-2017)
Old 04-08-2017, 08:35 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Great write up, this may be on my list now, thanks for that! Maybe they will take a $225 offer as it's $300 ATM.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Slatey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Great write up, this may be on my list now, thanks for that! Maybe they will take a $225 offer as it's $300 ATM.
I did notice that when I went to grab the link. Maybe they'll cut us a deal lol. Honestly though, $300.00 doesn't seem like a bad deal now that I've driven around more. I in love with this sound for right now. Down the line I may go TopSpeed Pro-1 for my own custom cat back, haha.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:11 AM
Yellafella
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I have the same setup as you (resonated tp, stock exhaust) but I have no mufflers. Do you think this Y-pipe will do a better job at killing the noise factors than an axleback? I agree that does look gorgeous
Old 04-23-2017, 03:15 AM
Slatey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Yellafella
I have the same setup as you (resonated tp, stock exhaust) but I have no mufflers. Do you think this Y-pipe will do a better job at killing the noise factors than an axleback? I agree that does look gorgeous
I bet that it would clean up the sound, however straightpipe will likely still be very loud.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:04 AM
Yellafella
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Black4drG37
I bet that it would clean up the sound, however straightpipe will likely still be very loud.
As long as it cleans up the sound in the low revs I'm sold. Oh trust me, I deeply regret throwing in those test pipes on top of my muffler delete. I'm in college so budget butt dyno mods are what I aim for
Old 04-25-2017, 02:33 PM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
I may have missed it but are you AWD or RWD? And how did you mount up the 3" exit to the stock exhaust?
Old 04-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Slatey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jfisher
I may have missed it but are you AWD or RWD? And how did you mount up the 3" exit to the stock exhaust?
RWD.

It mounted just fine because the exit has elongated bolt holes on the flange. I just put the bolts in first so I could center it, ran them down with my 1/2 wrench to probably 50lb/ft
Old 04-25-2017, 08:31 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Do you feel any HP gain?
Old 04-26-2017, 09:29 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Ok, well i did some research, actually bought one today from ebay, but it was brought to my attention that this pipe is for g35 not g37. They have one for g37 but it is not resonated.
To make sure, called Agency Power and they confirmed that g37 pipe is not resonated, and picture on their website is g35 pipe.... They send me picture of actual y-pipe
attached picture of Agency Power g37 pipe

Old 04-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Slatey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Dzionassi
Do you feel any HP gain?
Maybe a little down low, could be placebo lol
Old 04-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Slatey
Registered Member

Ok, well i did some research, actually bought one today from ebay, but it was brought to my attention that this pipe is for g35 not g37. They have one for g37 but it is not resonated.
To make sure, called Agency Power and they confirmed that g37 pipe is not resonated, and picture on their website is g35 pipe.... They send me picture of actual y-pipe
attached picture of Agency Power g37 pipe

That actually happened to me when I ordered it from Vivid racing. I was sent the G35 one because the part numbers are super close.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:38 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

That actually happened to me when I ordered it from Vivid racing. I was sent the G35 one because the part numbers are super close.
The one is pictured form your first post is for g35... according to Agency Power.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:47 PM
Slatey
Registered Member

The one is pictured form your first post is for g35... according to Agency Power.
I promise it isn't. I dunno what they told you but the part number on the correct piece, the one installed that fit, had the Z34 chassis code in the part number.

Part # AP-Z34-173
Old 04-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

I promise it isn't. I dunno what they told you but the part number on the correct piece, the one installed that fit, had the Z34 chassis code in the part number.

Part # AP-Z34-173
They don't make resonated y pipes for g37, period. According to the guy on the phone, resonated one for g35 will fit g37 but flow characteristics way better for g37 pipe (the one attached in my previous post). He apologized for the mistake they made on their website...
You can call them +1 480 921 7422 and talk to customer service, guy sounded like he knows his stuff.

There is one more email from ebay seller with picture attached:

Good afternoon,

The item should still be able to make it out today but I need to verify one thing with you.

As shown in the description, the unit shown in the picture is the 350Z unit, not the 370Z/G37 unit. We do not have a professional photo of the 370Z/G37 units yet so we just have that disclaimer in the listing until we can get professional photos added.

I've had my shipping team quick take a picture of the 370Z/G37 Y-Pipe units and have attached the photo to this message.

If you can confirm that you saw the disclaimer and that you are okay with this then I can get the order fulfilled as soon as possible. The design of the 350Z/G35 Y-Pipe versus the 370Z/G37 Y-Pipe is slightly different so I just wanted to make sure that you are getting the item that you are expecting for your vehicle. You'll notice the flex joints on the 370Z/G37 are on the straight portion whereas the flex joints on the 350Z/G35 are on the curved section.

Thanks!!
-Mark
www.promotiveconcepts.com

And one more email from Ebay seller:

The 370Z/G37 aftermarket Y-Pipes do not have a resonator due to the different design. The biggest difference is the shape and intervals of where the Y-bends are. The front section of the 370Z/G37 Y-Pipes are much more elongated than the 350Z/G35 units which does not allow for placement of a resonator.

I've just noticed our description mistakenly says it is resonated, which I've now corrected so that it does not say that.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed. We can proceed with shipping out the product or refunding your purchase in full due to our mistake in the description.

Thank you,
-Mark