Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

K&N Blackhawk Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 01:29 AM
menace3404

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K&N Blackhawk Intake

What's up everyone! This is my first post on this forum...I recently bought a 2013 G37X Sedan, and I am really happy with it! I miss my 2002 4Runner, but man this car is fun to drive!

I just bought the K&N Blackhawk intake. After doing a bunch of research on intakes, I wasn't able to find much on the Blackhawk, and nothing on how it is for the G37 (even on this forum). I decided to pull the trigger anyway. The power gains are less than some of the other CAIs on the market, but I am skeptical of the those claims anyway. I bought it to make it sound a little sportier and to dress up the engine a little; the expert on the website I bought it form said this was one of the louder ones, and the all black is sick! It's also got dry filters, which for me is a plus. I think that's the only difference between this system and the Typhoon, but I'm not 100% on that.

So, has anyone had any experience with the BLACKHAWK system? Any thoughts or opinions? I'm gonna try and get around to installing next weekend. Sorry if someone's already posted on it, I know people hate posting about something that's already been discussed, I searched high and low and couldn't find anything on here about it.

I look forward to being a part of this forum and the G37 community!
Old 11-07-2016, 05:18 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by menace3404
What's up everyone! This is my first post on this forum...I recently bought a 2013 G37X Sedan, and I am really happy with it! I miss my 2002 4Runner, but man this car is fun to drive!

I just bought the K&N Blackhawk intake. After doing a bunch of research on intakes, I wasn't able to find much on the Blackhawk, and nothing on how it is for the G37 (even on this forum). I decided to pull the trigger anyway. The power gains are less than some of the other CAIs on the market, but I am skeptical of the those claims anyway. I bought it to make it sound a little sportier and to dress up the engine a little; the expert on the website I bought it form said this was one of the louder ones, and the all black is sick! It's also got dry filters, which for me is a plus. I think that's the only difference between this system and the Typhoon, but I'm not 100% on that.

So, has anyone had any experience with the BLACKHAWK system? Any thoughts or opinions? I'm gonna try and get around to installing next weekend. Sorry if someone's already posted on it, I know people hate posting about something that's already been discussed, I searched high and low and couldn't find anything on here about it.

I look forward to being a part of this forum and the G37 community!
Looks like any other short-ram intake. It'll probably sound similar to the R2C intake. I love mine.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 11-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Mattyem
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Yeah r2c has a ton of great reviews and a few different color choices. Check them out!
Old 11-09-2016, 09:16 PM
menace3404

Yeah thanks guys, I considered the R2C as well. Looks like a pretty sweet setup too!
Old 12-08-2016, 07:52 PM
menace3404

I finally got it installed, and it sounds really good! I'm not sure if I feel much performance increase, although I want to say it pulls a little harder and is more responsive. But that all may be a placebo effect. In any case, the all black looks sweet under the hood. I'll try and get a pic and video of the sound up sometime soon for anyone who's interested.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:51 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
I'd like to see some pics!
Old 12-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Hmm, for the price I would have for sure gone CAI.

Trending Topics

Old 12-16-2016, 01:28 AM
menace3404

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Hmm, for the price I would have for sure gone CAI.
For sure, I considered that route for the regular price of the Blackhawk. But I ended up getting a REALLY good deal, paying nowhere near the original price. And was easier to install than a CAI...I didn't want to have to remove the bumper or have to modify anything. Which one would you have gone with???

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
I'd like to see some pics!
I'll get some pics and video up soon. It's just been cold as **** here in Kansas City lately!