Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Header Options for G37x Sedan Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 11:44 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 268 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by Javi
Link to the headers?? I too have a 2011 G37x sedan. Looking for headers

https://www.ppeengineering-onlinesto...ers-837001.htm

there are plenty of vendors who carry it.

ISR is also confirmed to fit AWD.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:49 AM
Zack Giblon
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey there @projectpanda13 ,

I was just curious how you were able to verify that the ISR long tube headers will fit on AWD?
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-10-2020, 09:03 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Zack Giblon
Hey there @projectpanda13 ,

I was just curious how you were able to verify that the ISR long tube headers will fit on AWD?
Thanks in advance!
Markus has has them on his car and has said in many posts on FB that it fit without a problem and since Black Friday, a lot more people has posted up about their install. If you're on FB you can message him for more details but he didn't mod anything for his install.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:44 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

Here’s some pics of ppe
Old 01-10-2020, 09:55 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by projectpanda13
Markus has has them on his car and has said in many posts on FB that it fit without a problem and since Black Friday, a lot more people has posted up about their install. If you're on FB you can message him for more details but he didn't mod anything for his install.

Highly respected person in vq community. Even friends with people who are dealers for Isr. He doesn’t recommend them anymore either. I’ve seen the welds break from hot boi tune and it blow the o2 sensor clean off. Well it was Only attached by the plugs and being drug. It wasn’t even touching the test pipe. The collectors used to be pretty good. But they blew up with demand and honestly for the price it’s a decent price. You can always have welds and collector touched up so they aren’t trash.

The following users liked this post:
projectpanda13 (01-10-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 10:00 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Ran out of space.

Isr isn’t trash, just not ready to go out the box. Still much cheaper then ppe (ppe is 1700) (Isr 550) so rewelded and touched up collector if it needs it is not thatttttt much more.

PPE specs
1.75 stepped to 1.88 OD, Collector is a 3-1 parallel merge collector that exits at 2.25" and transitions to 2.5"

I don’t know Isr specs. But much better than stock. Stillen shorty headers also fit awd (might need z1 motor mounts) similar price to isr.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:02 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

If you're looking for headers, PPE hands down, unless you have plans to go boost but still want headers, then Z1 shorties now and Boosted Performance turbo kit in the future to add on.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:08 AM
Zack Giblon
Registered Member

Thanks so much for the reply @projectpanda13 really appreciate it!.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:09 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

If you're looking for headers, PPE hands down, unless you have plans to go boost but still want headers, then Z1 shorties now and Boosted Performance turbo kit in the future to add on.
yesssss I wish I would of went z1. Soho modifies z1 headers (same looking collector as ppe and z1 is $1100)

got my ppe for a steal used locally. So I had to. But valid point about boosted Dave.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:13 AM
Zack Giblon
Registered Member

Thanks so much for the reply @Mattlorentzoe . I know you are a wealth of knowledge on this platform and I am a huge fan of your build! Would love to run those beautiful PPEs with the parallel merge collector but they are insanely expensive sadly!
Old 01-10-2020, 10:14 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Thanks so much for the reply @projectpanda13 really appreciate it!.
you're welcome.

Originally Posted by Mattlorentzoe
yesssss I wish I would of went z1. Soho modifies z1 headers (same looking collector as ppe and z1 is $1100)

got my ppe for a steal used locally. So I had to. But valid point about boosted Dave.
would your plans have changed if you sound some z1 headers? Luke had some PPE with his S/C setup right?
Old 01-10-2020, 11:20 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Thanks so much for the reply @Mattlorentzoe . I know you are a wealth of knowledge on this platform and I am a huge fan of your build! Would love to run those beautiful PPEs with the parallel merge collector but they are insanely expensive sadly!
Thanks for the kind words Zach!
I totally understand, it totally is a lot of money. I got mine for a good deal used. Z1 headers can be modified to fit awd. Soho motorsports charges like $150 or so to cut and reweld it. If I ever change my current setup header setup, I’d have that done for sure and weld a test pipes on to the header.

The one thing I love about longtubes are the one less gasket area to leak on each side. But that’s not like a huge deal to me. Just kinda nice to have one less place I could leak from.

The following users liked this post:
Zack Giblon (01-11-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 11:28 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

you're welcome.

would your plans have changed if you sound some z1 headers? Luke had some PPE with his S/C setup right?
I have a friend who said he would swap me his z1 and test pipes for my ppe. I’m dying to know how much each setup is effected by merge collector locations. But I want to see my own results. So I’d likely add the supercharger then swap headers and get dynojet results for both.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:02 AM
rdreeman
Registered Member

I replaced my stock exhaust with an ark grip CBE and FI RHFCs. Now there sounds like a leak coming from the passenger side header, particularly under high load, on cold starts, and anytime I'm near a wall such as a highway divider it sounds rough. I plan to add 3" CAIs with a tune, but want to get rid of this leak first. Wondering if I should bite the bullet and get a decent set of aftermarket headers, or look for an OEM type header and just have the passenger header replaced (if that is the only area with a leak). I'm curious how much aftermarket headers will help performance while I have high flow cats restricting flow downstream of them. If anyone has any advice for me or any information they can share I would appreciate it greatly!

Side note: I'm also considering porting upper/lower intake manifolds and/or upgrading injectors and getting the flex fuel kit for E85 before the tune. Just want to do any worthwhile breather mods before getting tuned.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:46 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rdreeman
I replaced my stock exhaust with an ark grip CBE and FI RHFCs. Now there sounds like a leak coming from the passenger side header, particularly under high load, on cold starts, and anytime I'm near a wall such as a highway divider it sounds rough. I plan to add 3" CAIs with a tune, but want to get rid of this leak first. Wondering if I should bite the bullet and get a decent set of aftermarket headers, or look for an OEM type header and just have the passenger header replaced (if that is the only area with a leak). I'm curious how much aftermarket headers will help performance while I have high flow cats restricting flow downstream of them. If anyone has any advice for me or any information they can share I would appreciate it greatly!

Side note: I'm also considering porting upper/lower intake manifolds and/or upgrading injectors and getting the flex fuel kit for E85 before the tune. Just want to do any worthwhile breather mods before getting tuned.
if you want to stick with an OEm option, get the 2015+ headers as they have been redesigned. PPE long tube headers are the best hands down.

I've had good gains with ported upper and lower manifolds. I feel if you are going to the extent of E85, I say do it all. Otherwise, there will be folks who say its not worth the trouble.

Quick Reply: Header Options for G37x Sedan Owners