MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Intake and Exhaust (https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust-328/)
-   -   Review >>Fast Intentions RHFCs paired w/ Fast Intentions SS CB w/ 18" res<< Vids&Pics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust/233529-fast-intentions-rhfcs-paired-w-fast-intentions-ss-cb-w-18-res-vids-and-pics.html)

MistAminER112 03-30-2012 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kuro (Post 3405808)
TP will give you more power also make some gas smell.

this + you might get some drone with RTP. But likely will see more power with RTP but I would assume by just a few hp/tq

1cleanG 04-02-2012 11:40 AM

^^Those are all true, which after research and owning first hand, RHFCs are definitely without a doubt my #1 choice. Zero drone, Zero rasp, Zero smells, great power gains and amazing sound. Not to mention, true craftsmanship from Tony @ Fast Intentions.

Samurai 04-06-2012 05:17 PM

How was installation? I know some people are planning on doing it themselves and some are having their dealer or a shop do it for them.

mindawg 04-07-2012 08:02 PM

very nice!

1cleanG 04-12-2012 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3414176)
How was installation? I know some people are planning on doing it themselves and some are having their dealer or a shop do it for them.

The parts themselves, PERFECT fitment, couldn't design a better part!!

The installation itself, just a catback is easy. The RHFCs, I would have shop install as I did. There are 3 bolts that point upward towards the headers that are a pretty tough angle to get at on each cat. The shop even stripped one trying to get it off my stock cats, and I don't have a HINT of rust/corrosion on my car.

Samurai 04-12-2012 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by 1cleanG (Post 3419071)

The installation itself, just a catback is easy. The RHFCs, I would have shop install as I did. There are 3 bolts that point upward towards the headers that are a pretty tough angle to get at on each cat. The shop even stripped one trying to get it off my stock cats, and I don't have a HINT of rust/corrosion on my car.

Yeah, I think thats what I'm going to do then. I've been contemplating, should I install CBE first? Or the CBE and RHFC all at once?

GotAir523 04-12-2012 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1cleanG (Post 3419071)

thanks for the info man! i was wondering the same thing and this definitely helps setting a plan for what im going to do when it all gets here. im getting the exhaust and cats at same time, i'll take the exhaust off first, then cats, then put the new cats in while i don't have to worry about exhaust being near in the way, then put the exhaust on.

1cleanG 04-12-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3419125)
Yeah, I think thats what I'm going to do then. I've been contemplating, should I install CBE first? Or the CBE and RHFC all at once?

Originally Posted by GotAir523 (Post 3419380)
thanks for the info man! i was wondering the same thing and this definitely helps setting a plan for what im going to do when it all gets here. im getting the exhaust and cats at same time, i'll take the exhaust off first, then cats, then put the new cats in while i don't have to worry about exhaust being near in the way, then put the exhaust on.

To answer both of your guys' questions, it really doesn't matter if you install the CB first or not. Your cats you can uninstall and reinstall without moving the catback at all. The only reason I had my catback completely removed to install the cats was because I was having them throw my rear sways in while they had it up in the air, which you need to drop the rear half of the catback down to remove/install the rear sway, so they just as easily disconnected it and just took it off as a whole piece. All of the Fast Intentions parts bolt and line PERFECTLY up.

Samurai - Since you're still contemplating, I would do one at a time. There's really no rush. I started with the catback and ran it for a full year first. That kind of "warms you up" to having a sexy catback. Then I wanted a bit more sound with the power gains, but not too loud where i would get annoyed.

The RHFCs are absolutely perfect for this. Inside the car, you can have normal conversations without having to scream at the person next to you because of drone. There's ZERO! But you know that any time you want to hear that sexy deep tone, you just have to step on the accelerator and right there it is!

GotAir523 04-12-2012 04:55 PM

i understand, i figured that i could install the cats and leave the exhaust on, but since im installing them at the same time, figured id just do the cats first while i have the extra space. i didn't know you did the rear sways and had the exhaust off when you installed them but makes sense what you said. thanks for all the information and tips though man. can't wait to meet ya and see your car at the vossen meet

Samurai 04-12-2012 11:35 PM

Fer sure thanks man.

2 G or Not 2 G 04-14-2012 11:53 AM

Any chance you could shoot a video of the sound from inside the car? Both with windows up and down? And preferably one with the radio on and/or people speaking? These sound great but it's hard to determine what the impact of these exhausts on the interior noise. I still want to be able to listen to the stereo and use the handsfree to make calls and can't tell if these FI exhausts will make those difficult.

mindawg 04-14-2012 04:10 PM

sent PM to F.I. last week. Yet to hear back. Guess business is really good ;)

msmching 04-15-2012 12:26 AM

May be picking it up straight from their store too... Think one of my cat's down. =(

thanks!

msmching 04-15-2012 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by mindawg (Post 3421645)
sent PM to F.I. last week. Yet to hear back. Guess business is really good ;)

I'll be calling them on monday.. I'll yell at them for not replying you. lol

G37Sam 04-15-2012 02:08 AM

Tony's just old school like that. He answers calls, builds the exhausts, designed the website and pays the bills :D