MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Intake and Exhaust (https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust-328/)
-   -   Review >>Fast Intentions RHFCs paired w/ Fast Intentions SS CB w/ 18" res<< Vids&Pics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust/233529-fast-intentions-rhfcs-paired-w-fast-intentions-ss-cb-w-18-res-vids-and-pics.html)

1cleanG 03-22-2012 11:08 AM

>>Fast Intentions RHFCs paired w/ Fast Intentions SS CB w/ 18" res<< Vids&Pics

Finally, the RHFCs have been installed, and all I can say is :drool::BOOBIES::drool:.

As many of you know, I've been running the Fast Intentions SS Catback with 18" resonators for about a year now, and I did NOT want to touch a thing. I could not have imagined that the sound could get any better then where it was at.....I will be the first to admitt, I WAS WRONG.

Since adding the RHFCs, the tone of the exhaust has dropped like 3 full notes, there is STILL zero rasp OR drone, and the GAINS are eXtremely noticible 3500 RPMs and higher!

Tony's products from Fast Intentions yet again have simply amazed me, and I could not have a larger grin on my face every single time I see someone's reaction after hearing the exhaust!!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...2077360999.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...2077362726.jpg

GoPro Video shot last weekend (only after 50 miles on the RHFCs)
**notes: one of my old roomates Nate with his two toned 300 on bags rolled with us. He took a few photos at the end posted below.

Quick rev and pull away on camera. All of the sound goes out the back of the car.
G37 Coupe video and sound clip - YouTube

Regular Acceleration, reg driveby, WOT acceleration
Fast Intentions SS 18 inch CBE w/ RHFC - YouTube

More sound clips found here from auto-x. Includes GoPro vids as well as exterior videos.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/video-s...ide-clips.html

WPPJR30 03-22-2012 11:24 AM

Good stuff, Lance... I am very seriously considering Fast Intentions for my car. However, I am up in the air between high flow cats and resonated high flow cats. This helps. Nice review, man. :biggthumpup:

Conn 03-22-2012 11:33 AM

Sounds good. Thanks for posting this:biggthumpup:

Diego@Vossen 03-22-2012 11:35 AM

Wow the sound is intense! Sounds beautiful man.

soolman32 03-22-2012 11:35 AM

The sound out of this combo is simply insane!!!! After rolling with Lance over the week end, RHFC From FI have been added to my mod list. Nice review bro.

Bill_ you should definitely get this combo. There is no way you won't love it.

Hoagie 03-22-2012 01:14 PM

Nice Lance... When I end up doing the exhaust system, i'm going FI all the way through. the sound is amazing out of a V6

P Casey 03-22-2012 01:25 PM

gawd sick man, love your G

Rad_Slinger 03-22-2012 01:39 PM

That the tits lance!

RYs06MT 03-22-2012 01:39 PM

Good stuff man, solid product your review was great and your ride sounds amazing!

GotAir523 03-22-2012 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by WPPJR30 (Post 3399116)
Good stuff, Lance... I am very seriously considering Fast Intentions for my car. However, I am up in the air between high flow cats and resonated high flow cats. This helps. Nice review, man. :biggthumpup:

im in the exact same predicament, im definitely getting the cats, i just don't know whether to get resonated or not....ugh

darryl865 03-22-2012 01:56 PM

sounds mean man! ive been thinking about fast intentions for a while. car is looking sweet!

supadice 03-22-2012 02:08 PM

how difficult was the install

icfp1980 03-22-2012 02:35 PM

Have to agree. Fast Intentions is the way to go. Quality is flawless. Looking sweet!

ZOSTER33 03-22-2012 02:49 PM

Sounds wicked bro. I should go pay Tony a visit since he's here in SoCal to see what he can do with my sedan.

simonsez 03-22-2012 03:36 PM

very nice. 9 more weeks until mine comes in.
Any thoughts on the 12" vs 18" resonator? I ordered one with 18" but maybe 18" is too quiet compare to 12"??

argggggg i can't decide.

1cleanG 03-22-2012 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by simonsez (Post 3399421)
very nice. 9 more weeks until mine comes in.
Any thoughts on the 12" vs 18" resonator? I ordered one with 18" but maybe 18" is too quiet compare to 12"??

argggggg i can't decide.

Diego rocks 12" resonators and loves them. I have his RHFCs in my garage which I will personally be delivering to him in May. Him and I will be doing a full side by side follow-up review at that time as well.

GotAir523 03-22-2012 04:33 PM

^ i'll be doing 12" resonators and more than likely resonated hfc's on a 6mt if you want for that video too at the vossen meet

Devildog37 03-22-2012 05:12 PM

Awesome, perfect sound. These video's sealed the deal, I'm going to get me some soon.

Xenolith666 03-22-2012 07:57 PM

that thing sounds beastly! my god do i need about 2k to get that exhaust

Samurai 03-22-2012 08:37 PM

Great review! Gets me more excited for my exhaust and RHFC to get here!:BOOBIES: Two more weeks :D

Diego@Vossen 03-23-2012 12:18 AM

That set up will sound awesome in Soflo! Ladies gonna love that tone.

Chi-City-G 03-23-2012 08:59 AM

Fine Lance, I'll say it... with these and after this weekend when you get the other part all painted and on... I will be jealous of your car! If I cannot get my current exhaust setup fixed with the little issues I am having, I will be giving Fast Intentions a call. I may either way for these RHFCs after hearing them! I just need to figure out my end build before I decide on these or TPs.

Congrats though on making a clean G even more attractive! Haha as we say, you are a gentleman of true taste.

When's the tune? Down in Miami? Do you have baseline numbers?

1cleanG 03-23-2012 12:49 PM

Thanks guys for all the feedback, I'm glad you agree w/ how I feel about it personally.

Jared - to answer your question, the tune will be happening in Florida. I'm hoping to be comfortably over 300whp. I still have my Gen3's sitting on my workbench almost ready to install. I painted them w/ a flat high heat black, and cleared w/ a semi matte clear. They turned out great, I just need to buff them out a bit and I'll be installing neXt week after I get the car back on Monday or Tuesday (after Trunk install/paint)

Chi-City-G 03-23-2012 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by 1cleanG (Post 3400269)
Thanks guys for all the feedback, I'm glad you agree w/ how I feel about it personally.

Jared - to answer your question, the tune will be happening in Florida. I'm hoping to be comfortably over 300whp. I still have my Gen3's sitting on my workbench almost ready to install. I painted them w/ a flat high heat black, and cleared w/ a semi matte clear. They turned out great, I just need to buff them out a bit and I'll be installing neXt week after I get the car back on Monday or Tuesday (after Trunk install/paint)

I was talking about the Trunk install (then I will be jealous, and I use that word lightly and will only say it once and may even delete these posts later :mad: so take the d@mn compliment while it exists!!!), I was certain that you already had your Gen 3s on. I also want to see that interior piece when you get it on too!

Honestly after the Gen 3s that is a N/A car fully bolted up with the best suspension we have for our cars and some clean wheels... you definitely should be proud of your build! :biggthumpup: (just feel so bad for the poor car that you are the owner:BOUNCE:)

Xenolith666 03-23-2012 04:09 PM

Hell.. does Tony take payment plans?! :D

Buckeye G 03-23-2012 04:52 PM

I have almost the same setup except Tony made me some double resonated TPs that i moved over to my IPL. I guess when the dealer was swapping my intake exhaust and coils a infiniti engineer was walking through shop and my mechanic had my car running and he was like wow thats really nice and deep for a car with cats. I love my exhaust. The only thing i may ever change to is Motordynes. I head a 35 with there exhaust and FI tps and it sounded like a V8. Congrats none the less bro!!! Wish I was going to Zdayz so we could compare! Oh and if you have any issues with a leak at the manifold my dealer was able to find manifold gasketsto bolt my tps to.

MistAminER112 03-27-2012 07:22 PM

Congrats bro, Tony is a legend and Fast Intentions lives up to it's name and reputation.

G sounds VERY good :)

P Casey 03-29-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Buckeye G (Post 3400534)
I have almost the same setup except Tony made me some double resonated TPs that i moved over to my IPL. I guess when the dealer was swapping my intake exhaust and coils a infiniti engineer was walking through shop and my mechanic had my car running and he was like wow thats really nice and deep for a car with cats. I love my exhaust. The only thing i may ever change to is Motordynes. I head a 35 with there exhaust and FI tps and it sounded like a V8. Congrats none the less bro!!! Wish I was going to Zdayz so we could compare! Oh and if you have any issues with a leak at the manifold my dealer was able to find manifold gasketsto bolt my tps to.

So whats going to be the main difference between the RTP's and the RHFC? Performance on the test pipes better? such as in wtq. I am wanting to match one of those with my HKS

Kuro 03-29-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by P Casey (Post 3405748)
So whats going to be the main difference between the RTP's and the RHFC? Performance on the test pipes better? such as in wtq. I am wanting to match one of those with my HKS

TP will give you more power also make some gas smell.

Z gave way to G 03-29-2012 04:31 PM

Very nice indeed my friend! In for the pics of that deck lid also!

MistAminER112 03-30-2012 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kuro (Post 3405808)
TP will give you more power also make some gas smell.

this + you might get some drone with RTP. But likely will see more power with RTP but I would assume by just a few hp/tq

1cleanG 04-02-2012 11:40 AM

^^Those are all true, which after research and owning first hand, RHFCs are definitely without a doubt my #1 choice. Zero drone, Zero rasp, Zero smells, great power gains and amazing sound. Not to mention, true craftsmanship from Tony @ Fast Intentions.

Samurai 04-06-2012 05:17 PM

How was installation? I know some people are planning on doing it themselves and some are having their dealer or a shop do it for them.

mindawg 04-07-2012 08:02 PM

very nice!

1cleanG 04-12-2012 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3414176)
How was installation? I know some people are planning on doing it themselves and some are having their dealer or a shop do it for them.

The parts themselves, PERFECT fitment, couldn't design a better part!!

The installation itself, just a catback is easy. The RHFCs, I would have shop install as I did. There are 3 bolts that point upward towards the headers that are a pretty tough angle to get at on each cat. The shop even stripped one trying to get it off my stock cats, and I don't have a HINT of rust/corrosion on my car.

Samurai 04-12-2012 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by 1cleanG (Post 3419071)

The installation itself, just a catback is easy. The RHFCs, I would have shop install as I did. There are 3 bolts that point upward towards the headers that are a pretty tough angle to get at on each cat. The shop even stripped one trying to get it off my stock cats, and I don't have a HINT of rust/corrosion on my car.

Yeah, I think thats what I'm going to do then. I've been contemplating, should I install CBE first? Or the CBE and RHFC all at once?

GotAir523 04-12-2012 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1cleanG (Post 3419071)

thanks for the info man! i was wondering the same thing and this definitely helps setting a plan for what im going to do when it all gets here. im getting the exhaust and cats at same time, i'll take the exhaust off first, then cats, then put the new cats in while i don't have to worry about exhaust being near in the way, then put the exhaust on.

1cleanG 04-12-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 3419125)
Yeah, I think thats what I'm going to do then. I've been contemplating, should I install CBE first? Or the CBE and RHFC all at once?

Originally Posted by GotAir523 (Post 3419380)
thanks for the info man! i was wondering the same thing and this definitely helps setting a plan for what im going to do when it all gets here. im getting the exhaust and cats at same time, i'll take the exhaust off first, then cats, then put the new cats in while i don't have to worry about exhaust being near in the way, then put the exhaust on.

To answer both of your guys' questions, it really doesn't matter if you install the CB first or not. Your cats you can uninstall and reinstall without moving the catback at all. The only reason I had my catback completely removed to install the cats was because I was having them throw my rear sways in while they had it up in the air, which you need to drop the rear half of the catback down to remove/install the rear sway, so they just as easily disconnected it and just took it off as a whole piece. All of the Fast Intentions parts bolt and line PERFECTLY up.

Samurai - Since you're still contemplating, I would do one at a time. There's really no rush. I started with the catback and ran it for a full year first. That kind of "warms you up" to having a sexy catback. Then I wanted a bit more sound with the power gains, but not too loud where i would get annoyed.

The RHFCs are absolutely perfect for this. Inside the car, you can have normal conversations without having to scream at the person next to you because of drone. There's ZERO! But you know that any time you want to hear that sexy deep tone, you just have to step on the accelerator and right there it is!

GotAir523 04-12-2012 04:55 PM

i understand, i figured that i could install the cats and leave the exhaust on, but since im installing them at the same time, figured id just do the cats first while i have the extra space. i didn't know you did the rear sways and had the exhaust off when you installed them but makes sense what you said. thanks for all the information and tips though man. can't wait to meet ya and see your car at the vossen meet

Samurai 04-12-2012 11:35 PM

Fer sure thanks man.

2 G or Not 2 G 04-14-2012 11:53 AM

Any chance you could shoot a video of the sound from inside the car? Both with windows up and down? And preferably one with the radio on and/or people speaking? These sound great but it's hard to determine what the impact of these exhausts on the interior noise. I still want to be able to listen to the stereo and use the handsfree to make calls and can't tell if these FI exhausts will make those difficult.

mindawg 04-14-2012 04:10 PM

sent PM to F.I. last week. Yet to hear back. Guess business is really good ;)

msmching 04-15-2012 12:26 AM

May be picking it up straight from their store too... Think one of my cat's down. =(

thanks!

msmching 04-15-2012 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by mindawg (Post 3421645)

I'll be calling them on monday.. I'll yell at them for not replying you. lol

G37Sam 04-15-2012 02:08 AM

Tony's just old school like that. He answers calls, builds the exhausts, designed the website and pays the bills :D

1cleanG 04-15-2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by 2 G or Not 2 G (Post 3421497)
Any chance you could shoot a video of the sound from inside the car? Both with windows up and down? And preferably one with the radio on and/or people speaking? These sound great but it's hard to determine what the impact of these exhausts on the interior noise. I still want to be able to listen to the stereo and use the handsfree to make calls and can't tell if these FI exhausts will make those difficult.

I did it...and going to be honest, they both sounded the same. The ONLY time you can hear the exhaust is when you're under load. I had a couple riding with my wife and I in the car and had a completely normal converation WITH the radio on. There's zero drone, allll of the sound goes out the back of the car.

To be 100% honest I didn't even think my exhaust was very loud at all until a talked with a few guys that were following me and said they could "feel it in their chest its so low". LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mindawg (Post 3421645)

Originally Posted by msmching (Post 3421883)
May be picking it up straight from their store too... Think one of my cat's down. =(

thanks!

PM me guys, I can get whatever you need from FI.

dimsler 04-15-2012 06:03 PM

Those HFCs look really good, what is the outlet diameter?

1cleanG 04-16-2012 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by dimsler (Post 3422215)
Those HFCs look really good, what is the outlet diameter?

They are 2.5" T-304 SS tubing.

1cleanG 05-03-2012 10:36 PM

BUMP for those requesting...

chicago_animal 05-11-2012 12:26 PM

Thats bad ***!

Gville37 05-14-2012 03:21 PM

well ive watched the vids countless times...now just ready to see this set up in person....airstrip..ZOOOOOM

1cleanG 05-31-2012 09:25 AM

BUMP for FAST INTENTIONS! We have started a Group Buy for all RHFCs for sedan and coupes. Link is HERE(clicky)

Please PM me if interested!

1cleanG 06-26-2012 09:19 AM

4 more sound clips found here

https://www.myg37.com/forums/video-s...ide-clips.html

1cleanG 08-23-2012 11:04 AM

I should have some great vids up within the next week or two of these 2 setups side by side:

-SS CB w/ 18" resonators paired w/ RHFCs)
&
-a CF catback w/ no resonators.

FI Exclusive 03-15-2013 05:06 PM

so sick!!!!!!!!