Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Art pipes + Ark

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 12:52 AM
G.riDeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Art pipes + Ark

anyone running this setup? im in the market for either a HFC or TP but haven't really found the one that's not gonna rasp/hiss badly with Ark. love how my exhaust sounds right now and don't wanna ruin it with rasp. then i came across ART pipes. and a lot of ppl seem to like it. claiming the best of both world?. wondering if anyone here is running with Ark. post vids. supposedly Ark's not gonna release their "rasp free" hfc for another two months or so. thanks!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:13 AM
911turbo
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
i think ark is in the process of making some HFC's and in their video it didnt has the hiss at the end of throttle
its somewhere in the exhaust subforum
Old 10-31-2011, 02:29 AM
LORDHAVEMURPHY
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there Rasp wih stillen HFC and ark????
Old 11-02-2011, 12:13 AM
G.riDeR

Originally Posted by 911turbo
i think ark is in the process of making some HFC's and in their video it didnt has the hiss at the end of throttle
its somewhere in the exhaust subforum
yea i saw it. its on the Z tho. sounded nice nonetheless. i was just wondering if anyone here's running this set up with Art. i wanted to know if they're as good as they claim to be tho.. ummm... plus ark wont be coming out with their hfc for another few months. lol im just being impatient. xD
Old 11-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well they were telling us the info but some people started to put them on blast....
Old 11-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Will@Logic
Banned

Originally Posted by Doggy
Well they were telling us the info but some people started to put them on blast....
How come?
Old 11-29-2011, 03:32 AM
G.riDeR

two weeks ago i pulled the trigger on the ART pipes as a bday gift to myself thanks to FBparts for hooking me up with the pipes and the super fast shipping. since no one's done this setup (to my knowledge), i was hoping for the best. and the best it delivers i was expecting a lot of bad rasp and all that other things u expect from pipes.. but i was really really happy with the end results. the rasp was close to none and it basically just made Ark exhaust sound deeper and well... louder! lol i was in all honesty really amazed with the sound. ill try to get some videos soon. just wanted to come by and say to the ppl with ark that are considering ART pipes... consider no more! u wont be disappointed. stay tuned.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:59 AM
datboiroy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sound clips?
Old 12-07-2011, 09:36 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by G.riDeR
yea i saw it. its on the Z tho. sounded nice nonetheless. i was just wondering if anyone here's running this set up with Art. i wanted to know if they're as good as they claim to be tho.. ummm... plus ark wont be coming out with their hfc for another few months. lol im just being impatient. xD
ARK will be doing 1st test soon. We did finished making new mold for the HFC. Not just pipe, it is HFC with the ceramic honey comb as real CAT !!.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:22 AM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
I have Art pipes on my G37X and they don't rasp, those pipes are not as noisy when compared to Straight Pipes or HFC's. I am contemplating purchasing the Ark exhaust but I need some definitive proof that this exhaust does more than produce a beautiful note.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:36 AM
harp00n

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by warpeacelove
I have Art pipes on my G37X and they don't rasp, those pipes are not as noisy when compared to Straight Pipes or HFC's. I am contemplating purchasing the Ark exhaust but I need some definitive proof that this exhaust does more than produce a beautiful note.
Hello!

Please, describe how did you install the ART pipes to your AWD vechicle? It seems like it is not direct fit, how did you mod them?
Old 12-14-2011, 02:04 AM
G.riDeR

sorry guys.. i rarely come on here. i almost forgot about this xD anyways, here's a short clip that was recorded by mike (ohh noes) on the day of the installation. in my honest opinion, its not hella loud. i mean, its definitely louder than the ark itself but i'm very happy with the sound so far. a slight rasp only when i'm gunning it but other than that none whatsoever. hiss? well its there and its really not that bad. i got used to it xD smell? cant say how bad it is for the car behind me but its not that bad at all in the cabin. overall, like i said above, it made the awesome ark tone deeper and more aggressive. ill try to get a better clip later. it actually sounds better now after breaking in. hope it helps.

start up/rev/fly by? lol
Old 12-14-2011, 10:25 AM
warpeacelove

Originally Posted by harp00n
Hello!

Please, describe how did you install the ART pipes to your AWD vechicle? It seems like it is not direct fit, how did you mod them?

Wassup All: Tony & I from Motordyne came to together to this task so that in the near future Art Pipes can be properly designed for the G37X. I'm the only G37X sedan to accomplish this feat, Underneath the car On the left side, the Art Pipe's bolted up without any hindrance. However a bit of modification had to be performed on the Right side due to the drive train obstructing the Art pipes on that side.

I have footage for folks to see. just chk out my link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1052964...eat=directlink

Last edited by warpeacelove; 12-14-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:18 PM
harp00n

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
i beleive you cut that helmholtz resonator from the pipe, deadened the hole and installed it a bit further? beautiful work! I'm so excited there is a solution for AWD owners, who desperately want those magic ART pipes

i'm going to order the pipes to my g35x soon too, as I have very experienced muffler shop here and i'm sure they can do the same work.

did you ask Tony, if there is any disbalance in moving that resonator only on one pipe? maybe it's better to do on the both sides, so the exhaust fumes will flow the same?

and what does he think: will the modded pipe act absolutely the same as the original (power, sound)?

Last edited by harp00n; 12-14-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:03 PM
warpeacelove

Tony stated it doesn't affect the performance of the Art Pipes.

Quick Reply: Art pipes + Ark