Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

I couldn't help but notice...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 06:58 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Hmmmm something real fishy going on here....
??? Really what would that be???

for those not sure Exoticspeed is neither Korean or American made. Company is on Canada. Richmond, BC Canada

ExoticSpeed

Youtube clips Here-- Go to My Channel
G37X Pulls 298 WHP -230 WTQ on a Mustang dyno. - YouTube
Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 AM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Hmmmm something real fishy going on here....

Originally Posted by ANMVQ

for those not sure Exoticspeed is neither Korean or American made. Company is on Canada. Richmond, BC Canada
That was my bad if I confused anyone. I wasn't suggesting ExoticSpeed is Korean or American. I know it's a company out of Canada. I was just trying to make the general point...

And, as to the comment about the only people being able to appreciate/enjoy the exhaust are the owner and the guy doing oil changes...

Isn't that enough? I don't modify my car to impress strangers on the street or people I don't know. Do you? I'm happy knowing that I put quality parts on my car - it doesn't really matter to me if the guy sitting next to me at a stop light can't get under my car to check out the weight or welds of my exhaust system. If he is an enthusiast maybe he'll recognize some of the parts on my car and give me a 'thumbs up' or something, and that's cool. But that's certainly not the reason that I install those parts. I do it for my own satisfaction...
Old 10-03-2011, 10:52 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by soolman32
I ll simply go with HKS.
Nice. My next exhaust! Broke as hell right now.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:02 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30

That was my bad if I confused anyone. I wasn't suggesting ExoticSpeed is Korean or American. I know it's a company out of Canada. I was just trying to make the general point...

And, as to the comment about the only people being able to appreciate/enjoy the exhaust are the owner and the guy doing oil changes...

Isn't that enough? I don't modify my car to impress strangers on the street or people I don't know. Do you? I'm happy knowing that I put quality parts on my car - it doesn't really matter to me if the guy sitting next to me at a stop light can't get under my car to check out the weight or welds of my exhaust system. If he is an enthusiast maybe he'll recognize some of the parts on my car and give me a 'thumbs up' or something, and that's cool. But that's certainly not the reason that I install those parts. I do it for my own satisfaction...
I think most of us knew what u meant and Modding is about self satisfaction because it sure as he// does not raise the monetary value of the car lol

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Nice. My next exhaust! Broke as hell right now.
Yeah no cash left at the moment in my mod fund and it doesn't help that my wife crashed into our garage door a few days ago.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:37 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

WPPJR30 100% right.
We/I mod, my/ our cars for us and us only. Things should always be that way, You earn your $$$ spend it the way YOU see fit not someone else or for something someone else likes-unless you like it also. But modding is and should be just for you!!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:28 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Fake stuff is still detrimental to the industry nonetheless haha.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Itchytoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The people who buy products from companies that did the R&D buy from them because they did the R&D. They're not swayed by trying to save a few bucks. The people who buy cheap knock-offs, buy them because they know the real thing is out of reach and wouldn't have anything if they didn't buy something cheap.

Knock-offs don't hurt the industry, they add to it. I recently purchased a Stillen Gen 3 intake. I'd have still gone with Stillen if Stillex made a knock-off for half the price. I respect the work put into R&D and I feel confident in saying that most people here do too. For that guy who knows he can't afford a $500 intake, try Stillex for $250... Then Stillen and Stillex make money instead of just Stillen. 2 companies making money in the industry > 1 company making money in the industry.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:58 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by Itchytoe
Knock-offs don't hurt the industry, they add to it... 2 companies making money in the industry > 1 company making money in the industry.
Quite possibly the worst pro-knock-off argument I have read yet...

Old 10-03-2011, 03:56 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
^^ bahahaha
Old 10-03-2011, 04:02 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Quite possibly the worst pro-knock-off argument I have read yet...

lollllllllllllllllllllllllll

Old 10-04-2011, 08:06 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
Fake stuff is still detrimental to the industry nonetheless haha.
Still love how people think this is a fake
Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 AM
WPPJR30

Still love how people think this is a fake
I understand what you're saying. I agree with you to a certain extent.

However, you have to admit that ExoticSpeed is attempting to copy Amuse (maybe not in design exactly), but it's quite clear what they are going for in regards to appearance and even the name they decided to give to their system.

Amuse has the R-Titan and the RS-Silent systems. ExoticSpeed has named their systems the R1-Titan and RII-Titan, respectively.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I understand what you're saying. I agree with you to a certain extent.

However, you have to admit that ExoticSpeed is attempting to copy Amuse (maybe not in design exactly), but it's quite clear what they are going for in regards to appearance and even the name they decided to give to their system.

Amuse has the R-Titan and the RS-Silent systems. ExoticSpeed has named their systems the R1-Titan and RII-Titan, respectively.
No I know, You are right with what they call it and how it looks. ., I guess when I see that coment and the one about" People buy the replica becasue the "REAL" is out of reach $$$ wise".. I never even saw the Amuse before I bought this, and ARK copied HKS -Some what no?-. But no one ever says ARK is a "Knock off".. There was another commnet about RD and "knock offs not making power". Exocticspeed did their RD and made sure this system worked well with the VQ made power and sounded good. I made GREAT numbers with it.. There is a guy on here how was the very first G to have this.. He lives up by them and they used his car for the RD.

GESS not like a bought OBX and calling it HKS or ARK now thats a "knockoff".
Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM
WPPJR30

No I know, You are right with what they call it and how it looks. ., I guess when I see that coment and the one about" People buy the replica becasue the "REAL" is out of reach $$$ wise".. I never even saw the Amuse before I bought this, and ARK copied HKS -Some what no?-. But no one ever says ARK is a "Knock off".. There was another commnet about RD and "knock offs not making power". Exocticspeed did their RD and made sure this system worked well with the VQ made power and sounded good. I made GREAT numbers with it.. There is a guy on here how was the very first G to have this.. He lives up by them and they used his car for the RD.

GESS not like a bought OBX and calling it HKS or ARK now thats a "knockoff".
A lot of people, bluntly, just do not know about knock-offs. They buy things and don't realize that it is a rip-off of a previous, proven design. We see it on this forum all the time. It stems from a lack of knowledge. New members join every day who do not know much about modifying their car. They open the first thread with a shiny pretty car that is receiving a boatload of praise. They note the AIT/180 body kit and they want it, not realizing that it's a knock-off of Top Secret.

I also disagree with your comment about no one referring to ARK as a knock-off of HKS. Many people on this forum often make that comment.

I will be the first to say that I doubt the ExoticSpeed is a poor quality system. I have seen one of them, years ago, on a Z. I have never seen one on a G37. I believe you when you say that you are impressed with both the quality and performance you have experienced with this system.

I'm glad that you can concede that the ExoticSpeed is designed to look like the Amuse. There are many people here who refuse to acknowledge that ARK is a blatant copy of HKS. The argument, "There are only so many ways to design an exhaust," is my favorite defense of the Korean-made twin of the HKS Hi-Power. It is what it is.

Last edited by WPPJR30; 10-04-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Mysticalism

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude seriously guys, stop arguing about the two exhausts. They are different brands, sure one can be knock-off of another, but what other companies don't do these kind of stuff.

Panasonic before 2000 completely reverse engineer all their products, look at where its at right now. Famous quote by Picasso - "Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal"

So who cares, as long as it looks good, deliver the performance and sound. someone will like to buy it. Just because you, WPPJR30 will not buy a Louis Vuitton replica, doesn't mean other people won't. Thats why theres a market for it.

Anyways, the most important part, I'm selling mine, anyone interested give me a shout!

Im selling not because of any above reasons, sound, looks, performance are all GREAT but i just need money now.

Quick Reply: I couldn't help but notice...