Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

ARK Exhaust Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Aggieav8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats man. I've had mine on for about 3000k now and still loving it. It does get a little deeper sounding after break in. I get tons of compliments on it. I chewed up a Cayman the other day from a dig to 80 mph - at the next light he rolled em down and first thing he said was he loved the way it sounded! (he def got an earful since he was a car length and then some behind me!!!) Nothing like beatin up on a Porsche!

Takeda is going on tomorrow I'll be posting pics and video so you guys can hear it.

Enjoy 'em, get used to the attention.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Aggieav8r

Quick question for you guys - one of my tailpipes has tempered a blue tint and the other is an orange/copper color ... anyone else seen this?

I've checked the temps on both after an extended drive and there's maybe a 5deg diff ... doesn't seem like its enough split to make a difference.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:25 AM
rock

Liking it more and more every day. The interior noise on hills seems to be mellowing out a bit. I love the low rumble in parking buildings. I'll try to post up some pics this weekend.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:47 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ark ftw!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Aggieav8r
Quick question for you guys - one of my tailpipes has tempered a blue tint and the other is an orange/copper color ... anyone else seen this?

I've checked the temps on both after an extended drive and there's maybe a 5deg diff ... doesn't seem like its enough split to make a difference.
Those are actually two different finishes that ARK has available for the exhaust. It seems they might have just given you one of each tip lol talk to Alex at ARK and I'm sure they will give you another in whichever finish you want to make it match.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Aggieav8r

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
Those are actually two different finishes that ARK has available for the exhaust. It seems they might have just given you one of each tip lol talk to Alex at ARK and I'm sure they will give you another in whichever finish you want to make it match.
Really? I have the polished tips, the color is on the inside of the pipe ... looks to me like it's from differing temps. I'll give him a call back.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:22 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Aggieav8r
Really? I have the polished tips, the color is on the inside of the pipe ... looks to me like it's from differing temps. I'll give him a call back.
Ooooh ok my bad. I thought you meant the color on the outside of the pipe. Yeah differing color on the inside I'm not sure about
Old 05-29-2011, 06:08 PM
rock

Finally got some pics Hope they come out ok. Sorry... the car is pretty dirty. The right can is slightly lower.
Attached Thumbnails ARK Exhaust Installed-015.jpg   ARK Exhaust Installed-011.jpg  
Old 06-03-2011, 05:08 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Dirty but still nice.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:27 PM
blegthbloo

Originally Posted by rock
Finally got some pics Hope they come out ok. Sorry... the car is pretty dirty. The right can is slightly lower.
Mine looks lower than yours overall... but my right can was a little off center too. A bit more now because I accidentally scraped them a couple times when I was having issues with my clutch and not paying attention to the dip in the parking lot oh well, and the clutch is fixed now btw

Old 06-04-2011, 05:42 AM
rock

Originally Posted by ARKperformance
Dirty but still nice.
Thanks. I can't stop staring at the dual cans. Heh heh.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:51 AM
rock

Originally Posted by blegthbloo
Mine looks lower than yours overall... but my right can was a little off center too. A bit more now because I accidentally scraped them a couple times when I was having issues with my clutch and not paying attention to the dip in the parking lot oh well, and the clutch is fixed now btw

Nice shot of the G. My cans were sitting lower, but I turned them up as much as I could to lessen the chance of scraping. I had a hard time centering the right tip. The right tip always sits slightly to the left no matter what I do. The left tip is dead on in the center. It doesn't bother me anymore though. I'm just enjoying the looks and sound...
Old 06-04-2011, 07:34 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Can you guys comment on the way the canisters are angled? I'm just curious as how much more careful you guys have become after installing the exhaust. I know I'm mildly dropped (eibachs) but still would like to know
Old 06-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Aggieav8r

Originally Posted by WARAT
Can you guys comment on the way the canisters are angled? I'm just curious as how much more careful you guys have become after installing the exhaust. I know I'm mildly dropped (eibachs) but still would like to know
I'm on the same drop and have never scraped. I was cautious about it at first too, but with the low point being inline/under the axle, I think you'd have to really compress the springs to hit anything. Obviously as long as you're "rolling over it" you'll clear fine but you def have to watch straddling anything between the tires.

btw my right can sits lower too and these sound great with the Takeda intake as well.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:29 PM
blegthbloo

Yeah the off-centered-ness of it isn't as noticeable unless you're looking for it. Most people will be too busy orgasming in their ears to notice as you drive by.

Quick Reply: ARK Exhaust Installed