Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Stinger pipe and a cross pipe on my coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:07 PM
greek_infiniti9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wtf.....y dont u just get a civic and not bring the reputation of our cars down along with u
Old 04-17-2010, 06:26 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow.......
Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Greg could you please stop posting tiny pictures and enormous text. It's annoying as hell trying to see what foolish you are up to now and having to look at photos the size of a postage stamp to see what crap you have cooked up. Then the text is big enough for a billboard to really make matters more irritating.
Dear Black Betty, as for posting tiny pictures- those are the only ones I had from my Iphone as I explained. I have included the link to better pictures so I hoped would remedy the situation. As far as the size of the text it is always easier to read and understand but no problem I can leave the text as the smallest. I think you should address the administrator to take the change size option off otherwise people will do what is annoying to you. I use my Iphone a lot so a large font is very easy for me to read without enlarging the screen.
Now, the terminology you are using in reference to what I post-"foolish, crap"- I think requires some sort of appology from you. I did read the rules of posting and I do respect those. I respect anybody on this forum by not calling anybody names nor bashing anything. I assume that the badge "stuff" next to your name means: I have to read this no matter what people publish? If I'm right I understand you would have feelings of frustration due to the avalanche of the new posts.
Please consult with the administrator and if you decide my posting is detrimental to the forum I will remove myself immediatelly. Respectfully your friend in blog, Greg Lecewicz. P.s. The above message was off topic but necessary for me to publish.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:48 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 911turbo
LOL.... dude,
you needa quit all that drilling stuff.
All that cash you paid for people drilling or you drilling your stock exhaust you could have a axle back or catback.
Get the megan, it sounds exactly like stock except 1.8x louder. I just ordered the Tanabe because i like the dual canisters. my 3rd exhaust lol
Originally Posted by whiddles
wheres your tow hitch lol. sorry greg this is pushing it. i can't stop thinking what i would say to you if i caught you driving around town like that lol
You know, this wouldn't have been such an "issue" if you didn't make that center pipe go past the muffler and kept it completely under the car. Looking forward to sound clips.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Gee37S

For the time and money you've spent trying to make the exhaust better, looks like its a complete waste IMO. You could have simply gotten aftermarket mufflers welded in instead of the OEM ones to get a louder, better sounding exhaust. Not only that, but the car looks completely ridiculous with that third pipe sticking out the back. I am also relatively sure that you are making your car's performance worse by doing what you have done...
Old 04-18-2010, 01:10 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greg! You are an innovator and I appreciate you!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Greg,

I too often access and post on the forum using my iPhone. I'm posting this right now on it. However, it's not a good option for posting photos. Many of us who post photos that we actually want others to be able to look at and distinguish use something like photobucket to upload them to the web so that we can post them at at decent size for others to see. What you posted are only thumbnails that are difficult to see. With photos so tiny that I can't tell what they are even of, it makes the uber large text doubly frustrating because it is enormous and the photos are too small to be useful.

As far as my feelings about your postings, you have every right to share your mods with the forum no matter what I think about them. If you recall, I even posted in defense of your right to post them even though they are unpopular. You have never broken any rules with your posts so by all means continue. I find them and the responses to them entertaining.

I personally don't care for them and expressed this as my own opinion. I didn't call you any names. I posted that the mod was crap or foolishness in my opinion. You have every right to disagree or ignore it. You might feel the same about things I do to my car and you can feel free to say so if you do. Whether I'm a moderator or not doesn't factor into it in this case.

By all means continue to post. All Im suggesting is that you do so in a way that the pictures can be seen. You have the right to post with ginormous text as well if you want to, it's just annoying is all. If you don't care for my disenting opinion on your modifications you can either quit posting them or ignore my opinions of them.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by crazjayz
You know, this wouldn't have been such an "issue" if you didn't make that center pipe go past the muffler and kept it completely under the car. Looking forward to sound clips.
You are absolutelly right. Those pictures were from the muffler shop. I had asked them specifically not to cut the pipe too short for further tone adjustments. It took me a day of experimenting with it and we have made certain changes. First we've cut the pipe about 10 inches. We've reduced the pipe from 1 3/4 inch to 1 1/2 inch by instaling a special insert. Next we experimented with the length of the tip to obtain a very specified exhaust note. The reductor also greatly improved the backpressure. I think now we came out with a well balanced system. I couldn't record today cause it was raining all day. Watch for the new pictures and the sound soon.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:33 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Keep us posted Greg!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 PM
oreoleo

That G has a limp ****! LOL
Old 04-18-2010, 11:40 PM
xPJx
Banned

This is my next mod
Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This seems like an interesting mod... try this out, Greg
Old 04-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by Staples

This seems like an interesting mod... try this out, Greg
Hahaha, I would try it but there are too many dogs on a leash around here in Sarasota. Danger of catching them. Maybe the tractor effect would work better in my area.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 AM
pfizzle

Bro, lay off the pipe. Literally.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Sometimes, I think Greg is doing all this to seriously f*ck with us....

Seriously.

Quick Reply: Stinger pipe and a cross pipe on my coupe