Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Ark Exhaust Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:47 AM
G37-Taiwan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ark Exhaust Fitment

Just installed the Ark exhaust yesterday. Had a problem with the exhaust very close to the 4WAS motor. It was 1cm away from the motor when installed. We had to slightly modify the mid pipe to get the canister further away from the motor. Ark should consider adjusting their future shipments with this exhaust.

I have Berk HFC on and with the Ark exhaust, I feel loss of torque at arond 1.7~2k RPM. Overall, I think it's a good product for its price, but the sound is much louder than I expected with the HFC
Old 02-24-2010, 03:59 AM
joey'g37

The underneath of passenger side have vibration because the pipe is hitting the transmission cover, and i went to two muffler shops, and they told me they cant do anything with them. The only way is to customize the new curve pipe. I wonder everyone who has ARK have a same issue? Also the height of the tips are totally off...

Last edited by joey'g37; 04-27-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:13 AM
G37-Taiwan

Are you running stock cats? I don't have the same problem you have with pipe hitting the transmission cover. I am running Berk HFC.

However, I do have the same problem with the tips being off balanced. The right tip is higher than the left tip. We tried to adjust the tip height twice. Tips were straight after adjustment but after 5 mintues, it goes back to it's original unbalanced position again. There's really nothing we can do about it unless you want to customize the curve.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:23 AM
joey'g37

Originally Posted by G37-Taiwan
Are you running stock cats? I don't have the same problem you have with pipe hitting the transmission cover. I am running Berk HFC.

However, I do have the same problem with the tips being off balanced. The right tip is higher than the left tip. We tried to adjust the tip height twice. Tips were straight after adjustment but after 5 mintues, it goes back to it's original unbalanced position again. There's really nothing we can do about it unless you want to customize the curve.
So far I heard that I am the only one who hit the cover. And yes, I am running the stock cats. I just pm ARK to see if they have received any complain about the pipe.
By the way, I am from Taiwan as well!! haha
Old 02-24-2010, 04:53 AM
G37-Taiwan

Ahh, nice to know you are from Taiwan too!! Which part of Taiwan do you live?

Check with others and see what cats they are running. I think it may be the G's stock cats are shorter than aftermarket HFC or Test pipes.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:59 AM
joey'g37

Originally Posted by G37-Taiwan
Ahh, nice to know you are from Taiwan too!! Which part of Taiwan do you live?

Check with others and see what cats they are running. I think it may be the G's stock cats are shorter than aftermarket HFC or Test pipes.
Taipei FTW. Hopefully ARK will reply me soon.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 AM
G37-Taiwan

Hah, me too. In Taipei.

Yah, hope Ark can solve your problem. They emphasized how much R&D bleh bleh bleh went into this exhaust. They can't even get the fitment right. I'm pretty disappointed. Should have just went for HKS.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow ARK was say how they were gonna make sure they weren't gonna have any fitment issues and take the extra time fabricating there exhaust. I'm sure it was a stab at MXP since they had a small problem with the auto tranny fitment. They too the extra time and were talking crap and now the problems start.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:56 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
never heard MXP in person but the ARK sounds GOODDD, in person.. fitment sucks bad though. but i love the tone and volume.

look's like joey's ark has worse fitment than OP's.. from his other thread. hope ARK will chime in soon. they shld do a recall and issue new pipings!!@@ that's unacceptable

Old 02-24-2010, 08:04 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn, that is alot of hate for the fitment. Kinda disapointing after all the hype and wait.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:17 AM
G37-Taiwan

Yah, they held back the order cuz they had to fix up the fitment. It's very disappointing that the fitment sucks. Ark made their exhaust sounded as if the quality is top notch.

I like the sound better than HKS and that's why I went for Ark instead of HKS. But, really, after I receive the exhaust, I find below problems.

1) FITMENT @ 4WAS motor --> too close and had to make adjustment by myself
2) WELDING --> their welding is not as good as they showed in their original thread. It's disappointing to see the welds were not separated at equal distances. They claimed to have better welding than HKS but the truth is HKS > ARK.

I don't think they made the quality up to what they claimed it should have been. I personally think Ark should fix the fitment problem for future shipments. They should recall the first batch for all the pre-orders. And, for people who are not in the states, like me (I can't pay 500 bucks to send back the exhaust for recall), they should send some type of compensation.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 AM
350zrb

I have 6mt. And yes, the flex pipe would hit the black transmission support.
I did not install it becuase of this.
I told Alex from ARK. He is also verifing this fitment issue himself.
So hopefully, there will be a fix for it soon.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 AM
G37-Taiwan

That's the pic of my car. You can see the right tip is much closer to the kit and this is AFTER the adjustment. It couldn't even fit with my kit at first because it was touching the kit. The right muffler was also at first 1cm from the 4WAS motor.....it was really bad fitment.

Originally Posted by xlack
never heard MXP in person but the ARK sounds GOODDD, in person.. fitment sucks bad though. but i love the tone and volume.

look's like joey's ark has worse fitment than OP's.. from his other thread. hope ARK will chime in soon. they shld do a recall and issue new pipings!!@@ that's unacceptable

Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow major fail! Especially after all the hype and wait.

On a side note my HKS which looks very similar fits like a glove. Just sayin.

Last edited by Kidcane; 02-24-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 AM
G37-Taiwan

Originally Posted by 350zrb
I have 6mt. And yes, the flex pipe would hit the black transmission support.
I did not install it becuase of this.
I told Alex from ARK. He is also verifing this fitment issue himself.
So hopefully, there will be a fix for it soon.
I had no choice but to install the exhaust. I can't afford paying another 600 bucks to send the exhaust back to the states. Plus, I had to pay 250 bucks for tax here in Taiwan for the KW and exhaust. It would cost me way too much on this exhaust. I hope Ark can do something about it or at least give a compensation to this fault they made.

Quick Reply: Ark Exhaust Fitment