Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review The new Invidia Gemini exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 04:04 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Triple_X
wow great review and if they put out non- burnt tips I am def getting this when time for an exhaust.

thanks
I got a PM from Lou about the non-burnt tips. He said that as of right now, there's nothing definitely about to be released. He did say that it might be possible for a wheel repair shop to polish off the burnt finish (like he did with an MXP). He said it ran him $25/tip to be polished. Then again Invidia may release new tips early next year, but regardless, this exhaust is SICKKK....especially once you find out the price!! Can we say sub-$1k full catback (and that's WITH shipping)?!?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Triple_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ wow that's sick!! thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:37 PM
KnoxvilleG37

This might be a stupid question.....but where would be a good place for an average Joe to get a cat-back like this installed?? I mean, I could probably do it, but I really don't wanna put the car up on jack stands....a lift would be MUCH easier.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Mike P

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
This might be a stupid question.....but where would be a good place for an average Joe to get a cat-back like this installed?? I mean, I could probably do it, but I really don't wanna put the car up on jack stands....a lift would be MUCH easier.
I have been looking in the Indy area ofr a place to rent a lift or a bay for a day. I have not found anything yet, but I am continuing to look. I also want to do this and other mods myself, but I lack a lift nor do I know someone who owns a garage.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:15 PM
KnoxvilleG37

I got a PM from Lou about the non-burnt tips. He said that as of right now, there's nothing definitely about to be released. He did say that it might be possible for a wheel repair shop to polish off the burnt finish (like he did with an MXP). He said it ran him $25/tip to be polished. Then again Invidia may release new tips early next year, but regardless, this exhaust is SICKKK....especially once you find out the price!! Can we say sub-$1k full catback (and that's WITH shipping)?!?
Looks like I spoke too soon.....I found this in the vendor section. Andy over at HPA is also selling this exhaust: https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...ml#post2775925

From the sound of it, non-burnt tips option is only a few weeks out!! I've emailed Invidia directly to get confirmation. I'll post up once I hear.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Mike P

This exhaust sounds great. Great review. I did like the suit also. Don't let them bother you, they wish they wore a suit to work. I will definitely get this for both the Sedan and the Coupe. Want to do the Sedan first, then the Coupe. Thanks again for the great review and video.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:19 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by Mike P
I have been looking in the Indy area ofr a place to rent a lift or a bay for a day. I have not found anything yet, but I am continuing to look. I also want to do this and other mods myself, but I lack a lift nor do I know someone who owns a garage.
You know, when I first got my Tanabe, I ran to Midas to have them loosen the OEM flange bolts, and when I was there, the service guy asked "so did you bring the new exhaust?" They said they would have installed it for me, no problem. So I'm wondering if I call in advance if they'd be able to install it. It's really not all that hard since it's a bolt-on...just need a lift and an impact gun. There are a few performance shops around here, but I know I can install this easy.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Mike P

You know, when I first got my Tanabe, I ran to Midas to have them loosen the OEM flange bolts, and when I was there, the service guy asked "so did you bring the new exhaust?" They said they would have installed it for me, no problem. So I'm wondering if I call in advance if they'd be able to install it. It's really not all that hard since it's a bolt-on...just need a lift and an impact gun. There are a few performance shops around here, but I know I can install this easy.
That is something that I know they will do. I want to do it myself and they won't let you in the service area since we are not covered under thier liability insurance. For me it's a space issue, I have the tools, just need the right place.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:16 PM
gthal

I took mine to a local muffler shop. They installed it in about 45 minutes and that was with me and the mechanic chatting the whole time while I took pictures. Cost me about $60.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
OK guys and girls. I am sitting here at my desk next to the sales manager and he wants to thank you GTHAL for this write up.

He also confirmed that there is NO stainless steel tips coming in anytime soon. Any other misleading information about the stainless steel tips are un true. Sorry He his making me write this after reading some posts.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:34 PM
gthal

Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified
OK guys and girls. I am sitting here at my desk next to the sales manager and he wants to thank you GTHAL for this write up.
Lou, tell your sales manager that he/she can send products to me whenever they would like and I will do up a detailed review free of charge .

In all seriousness, the exhaust is amazing and the service and price from Amplified were great. Shipping was also when promised and fast (I'm impatient with that stuff ). I couldn't be happier.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:10 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified

He also confirmed that there is NO stainless steel tips coming in anytime soon. Any other misleading information about the stainless steel tips are un true. Sorry He his making me write this after reading some posts.
Sounds good to me Lou....I should be placing an order in the near future for this exhaust!
Old 10-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for the Review! Finally the right exhaust for the G! I'll be geting this in January.. Christmas is a knocking
Old 10-08-2009, 01:47 PM
gthal

Dyno added to first post with stock/Invidia comparison. This is my first dyno experience so I had no idea what I was doing. The dyno looked really old and beaten up so don't know if that would impact the numbers. It was a really cool evening (about 12 celcius I would guess). There were a ton of turboed Civics and Cavaliers there so I felt a little out of place Got in, got out, didn't pay much attention to detail.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Raizon

Those are some good gains. I wonder how much it will be paired up with a HFC.

Quick Reply: Review The new Invidia Gemini exhaust