Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review R2C MaxFlow CAI

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:52 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally got around to reminding Ed to send me a couple new heat shields and I'm happy to report 3 days later I got them as promised. The rubber did seem a little softer, otherwise not a huge apparent difference with this set over the last. We'll see how long these last, I guess if no one else is having issues they should be ok.

I also tried the leaf blower for cleaning... that's the tool for sure...lol. One other thing I noticed was that my throttle bodies looked new.. no tarnish at all. They've been on for a year and TB's have never been cleaned.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 07-03-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:37 PM
TheDuke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I'm guessing a compressed air can like the ones to clean dust off computers isn't going to work to clean the filters? I haven't cleaned them yet but need to soon.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:06 PM
RedG37SNC

You might be able to get some particles out but the leaf blower works best.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:37 PM
eatsleepdrum

Can anyone debate on the heatsoak vs the r2c and injen cai? I know injen might get slightly colder air but does the length of their tube and lack of heatshield cancel out the awesomeness of the r2c?
I'm looking for new intakes asap and can't decide filter quality vs looks/sounds... Anyone have experience with both?
Old 08-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Frankyg37s

im selling a used R2c intake I dont think there better than injen in terms of performance but i did feel a small power increase and better throtle response and they take 30 minutes to install they sound good also ..im thinking of getting the injens but they seem kinda low
Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by eatsleepdrum
Can anyone debate on the heatsoak vs the r2c and injen cai? I know injen might get slightly colder air but does the length of their tube and lack of heatshield cancel out the awesomeness of the r2c?
I'm looking for new intakes asap and can't decide filter quality vs looks/sounds... Anyone have experience with both?
No experience with both, but as far as heatsoak, it's minimal either way. You won't notice it at all.

R2c has far superior filters than any company in the business right now. Check out the parent company:

Greenlees Filters - An Industry Leader in Filter Manufacturing
Old 09-01-2010, 03:29 PM
MikeySed

Are the r2c intakes, safer than injen/stillen because of filter placement? IE large puddles, standing water, deep snow (I have g37x), etc..?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:13 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
hey, red. is this what happend to your heatshield ?

what did you say to them? what number did you call? i tried calling r2c but they never answered. also, who should i speak to?
Old 09-02-2010, 01:03 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MikeySed
Are the r2c intakes, safer than injen/stillen because of filter placement? IE large puddles, standing water, deep snow (I have g37x), etc..?
Yup... but you shouldn't have a problem with any of those systems mentioned unless the filters were actually submerged in water with the engine running.

rAiN. Yeah, you definitely have the older heatshield and gasket. Keep trying to call R2c... Ask for Ed Sroka in sales. If anything, leave him a voicemail. He will take good care of you and make things right.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:09 PM
MikeySed

Originally Posted by efuseakay
Yup... but you shouldn't have a problem with any of those systems mentioned unless the filters were actually submerged in water with the engine running.

rAiN. Yeah, you definitely have the older heatshield and gasket. Keep trying to call R2c... Ask for Ed Sroka in sales. If anything, leave him a voicemail. He will take good care of you and make things right.
Thanks for the reply... if the gains are quite similar (r2c vs stillen/injen) I would rather go with this as the maintenance is easier, install is easier, and its even safer to boot (technically).

Any other people try this intake vs (stillen/injen)?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:42 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Welcome! I actually have the Stillen Gen 3 on my 2010 sedan, and an R2c system in the trunk. I'm planning on getting both systems dyno'd in the next couple weeks. Just have to find the time. Doing this on my own dime too, and hope to make some if the $ back with whatever system I decide to sell. lol
Old 09-03-2010, 11:00 PM
eatsleepdrum

Welcome! I actually have the Stillen Gen 3 on my 2010 sedan, and an R2c system in the trunk. I'm planning on getting both systems dyno'd in the next couple weeks. Just have to find the time. Doing this on my own dime too, and hope to make some if the $ back with whatever system I decide to sell. lol
can't wait to see the results!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:43 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by eatsleepdrum
can't wait to see the results!
Ditto that! lol
Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by rAiN
hey, red. is this what happend to your heatshield ?
[
what did you say to them? what number did you call? i tried calling r2c but they never answered. also, who should i speak to?
Yes, exactly. Under the contact us on the R2C site you'll find the phone number, call it and ask for Ed, tell him your heat shields gasket seperated and split. He'll tell you they've redesigned them and send you a new set. I can't say I notice anything different about the new heat shields he sent... but time will tell.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Spaded21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Curious to see how much HP increase you get having 2 intake systems. How had was the install in the trunk?

Quick Reply: Review R2C MaxFlow CAI