Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

R2C Powerflow Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomek350z
well i just got the final product installed on tonight
i will give a review and post a video hopefully tomorrow. i couldnt step on it tonight because it was raining all day, but all i can say is that the butt dyno definitely confirms a gain, quite noticeable in 2nd and 3rd,
Please post up a video!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:12 AM
kool_yaar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^+1 for those of you who decide to go with the new Stillen, id say wait and let someone confirm the numbers and if they are legit then get those and replace the R2C, and you will have a perfect intake system!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:12 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Addition info, they say a picture is worth a thousand words... the attention to detail and quality is pretty obvious.

The design and engineering of the G37/350Z dual intake systems realize several differences between the R2C and existing products.

I will assume that you are aware of the significant advantages of the R2C filter itself so I won't go into that. If you do require this information, please let me know. You also mentioned the heat shield comparison which was designed to provide as cool an intake charge as reasonably possible as well as providing additional protection for the filter.

The MAF tubes are constructed of 6061 T-6 Aluminum alloy which has excellent overall properties in this application. The significant alloy's are magnesium and silicon. It has very good thermal characteristics, it's strong (42,000 PSI TS) and it resists corrosion very well. It also polishes very nicely.

Two things will be evident in the photos I have attached. The mating surface of the tube/venturi had to be addressed. Rather than rely on simply bolting the irregular surfaces, a positive seal was required. The R2C system is unique in that the tube is machined to accept an O ring which ensures that no ambient air enters the system downstream of the filter. Another area of improvement was in the incorporation of the MAF adapter to the tube. If you look at the inner wall of the tube, you will see the transition between the MAF slot and the tube in comparison to the rough cut JWT opening. Also, examine the flange construction. Most rely on a .250 thick flange while the R2C product is .312 to assure that no deflection occurs during application/operation.

Another purchase option is the finish selection of the tubes. The R2C system is available with tubes in black or silver that match the engine shroud color scheme as well as in a high polish finish.

While many of the features and benefits appear to be small in nature, all indicate a commitment to providing the highest level of engineering and add to create a system synergy from filter end cap to throttle body.

We'll continue to look at improvements in technology and manufacturing each day and your feedback is essential and appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ed Sroka
Vice President
R2C Performance Products
Made in USA
JWT Intake Tube

R2C Intake Tube

R2C O-ring Seal

R2C Flange

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 10-08-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
AAMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still in the JWT GB, but am hopefully selling to someone local. Just waiting to see if Andy will be able to swing an initial offering for the R2C's. I want these.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by AAMC
I'm still in the JWT GB, but am hopefully selling to someone local. Just waiting to see if Andy will be able to swing an initial offering for the R2C's. I want these.
I have tried to call 4 times already to speak w the boss over there. Hopefully they call back soon so we can get something going on these...........
Old 10-08-2008, 03:18 PM
RedG37SNC

Hum, I'm not sure who the Boss is but I'll let Ed know you need contact ASAP...we have interested folks here. JC, I'm starting to feel like I work for these guys..lol
Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Hum, I'm not sure who the Boss is but I'll let Ed know you need contact ASAP...we have interested folks here. JC, I'm starting to feel like I work for these guys..lol
Just talked to Ed, super cool guy. They were busy building their displays for the SEMA show. He is emailing me info in 30 min and we will be up and running on these
Old 10-08-2008, 03:40 PM
silent06

Addition info, they say a picture is worth a thousand words... the attention to detail and quality is pretty obvious.

JWT Intake Tube

R2C Intake Tube

R2C O-ring Seal

R2C Flange

RedG37SNC-

You beat me to this post. I sent an email to Ed on Monday requesting additional information regarding the key benefits of the design and materials used in the construction of this intake system. I received his response today and was just about to post it.

Definitely, top notch!!! They left "no stone unturned" in the design, quality of construction and selection of materials for the filters, heat shields and tubing! Additionally, it looks like the heat shield is designed so it seals against the hood to provide a pressurized induction of air, preventing the introduction of hot engine air (as RedG37SNC mentioned) and helping the engine to pull cold air in, much like the OEM intake, but I will have to confirm this with Ed. It may be what he refers to as the "intake charge". Also, if you look at the design you will noticed, they even positioned the MAF housings outward away from the engine like OEM design instead of inward like other aftermarket intake systems! I think this may provide a marginal advantage in MAF temperature.

Andy-

I also sent a reply back to Ed letting him know the forum members are waiting for you to get your dealer account setup and anything he could do to expedite it would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited by silent06; 10-08-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:16 PM
RedG37SNC

Lol, small world. Now if we can get Tomek350z to post up some A/V on the sound and then eventual dyno's we'll be covered. I did find a local dyno shop finally $65 for 3 pulls, and I'd be doing 6, 3 each and about a week apart to give the ECU some time to learn this intake. One problem, I have exhaust mods, anyone on here stock, buying this intake and willing to dyno?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Lol, small world. Now if we can get Tomek350z to post up some A/V on the sound and then eventual dyno's we'll be covered. I did find a local dyno shop finally $65 for 3 pulls, and I'd be doing 6, 3 each and about a week apart to give the ECU some time to learn this intake. One problem, I have exhaust mods, anyone on here stock, buying this intake and willing to dyno?
We have a local customer that just picked up a G and is looking to mod his car. If no one can, we can take his down and do a dyno for everyone.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:53 PM
silent06

I am still stock, have about 2300 miles on the G and would be up for doing some dyno pulls. I haven't done my first oil change yet, so I may still have some break in materials in the oil and filter, which is Amsoil SSO 0w-30 and Ea0-20. But, I can schedule my first service and resolve that issue quickly! Do y'all think the car is broken in enough for a dyno?

I wish R2C Performance would allow one or a couple of us to evaluate the PowerFlow intake from the G37 perspective!

Last edited by silent06; 10-08-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:56 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Still not sure if I want this or the Stillen, I need to see some 3rd party dyno runs.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM
silent06

I just received another reply from Ed, he inquired earlier if I would be interested in evaluating the R2C replacement filters for the JWT Pop Charger. However, I explained to him I was so impressed with the design and construction of the R2C PowerFlow intake that I returned by JWT to HP Autoworks in lieu of purchasing the PowerFlow. So, Ed is looking for someone who has the JWT Pops installed that is interested in evaluating the R2C filters. So, if someone is interested, please contact Ed at salesinquiries@r2cperformance.com
Old 10-08-2008, 05:42 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by TomG37
Still not sure if I want this or the Stillen, I need to see some 3rd party dyno runs.
Let's see dyno's on both.. that should make your decision easier. There's a few negatives to the stillen that come to my mind:

1. Ease of access to the air filters
2. Higher maintenance on filters that will get splashed/misted on
3. Oiled Cotton Gause filters that will let contaminates into your engine.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 10-08-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:11 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
how about they make a filter for the stillen?

Quick Reply: R2C Powerflow Intakes