Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

JWT SUCKS... What a waste of $350...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:44 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SkylineV36
If you want crazy sound past 5K, then INJEN CAI is the way to go. The intake sound when it kicks in overpowers my HKS exhuast!
I'll second that. Past 5K, it gets loud as hell and keeps climbing.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:33 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gday
uh, get a stock car, and get the same car with an intake.. Same skilled driver. Guess who takes it...

Intakes don't do nothing make make it "sound" cool.. Even if it adds 2hp, so what. It nothing you can really see or feel.
nooooo!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:39 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gday
uh, get a stock car, and get the same car with an intake.. Same skilled driver. Guess who takes it...

Intakes don't do nothing make make it "sound" cool.. Even if it adds 2hp, so what. It nothing you can really see or feel.
Since it seems you don't know how to read threads outside of the political section I will point you in the right direction. Here are two threads with dynos that show gains. This is known as proof. My dyno was done the same day before and after:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=JWT

PMS compared her dyno to here previous one that she did when she installed her FI exhaust
https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=JWT

You are wrong on intakes bruh. There are tons of individuals on this site that talk this BS about "10HP is nothing" and "those are not good gains." When you compare it to Forced Induction then sure but how many individuals on here are going Forced Induction? 2% or less of the members on this site will get there car FIed. Lots of people talk the talk but few walk it. Back to NA though, 10HP is a great gain. The shop I go to is amazed at the increases on the bolt-ons that I have had installed especially the intake.

BTW, I can feel the power on the intake install. I think I dynoed at 264HP when I was stock and my last dyno had me at 285HP with intake and HFCs. So lets do some math; 264HP < 274HP hence the car with the JWT would bet the car with stock intake.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:30 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Joe, do you get the sound across the band or only after 4k rpm?
I drove my JWT's for about a week and 200ish miles before putting the Tanabe on and yes I was noticing the sound kickin right at 2.5k RPM's - of course it's subtle at that point and she really only opened up past 3.5-4.0k

Now with my Tanabe exhaust I can hear my JWT still put I have to pay attention to it - I'm sure it's making plenty of sound cause the sound it made was undeniable - it's just meshing in with the exhaust tone so well that it sounds natural.

Anyways sure the JWT may not be show car quality looks but if something that simple can make 2x the power and good sound on an easy install when compared to the almighty and elaborate Injen - I would say I'd rather put my money towards that cause honestly after getting exhaust, intake tone gets 2nd priority - at least for me.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:05 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 45 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DIGITALG37
under 5-10 hp doesnt mean CRAP to me. I want the sound for my money..
Don't complain because you did little to no research. JWT is not for sound or flash, it is for reliable HP, more HP then a noisy injen set-up and half the cost. If you want to spend hundreds of dollars for noise/sound, then you have a weird set of priorities. Who wants a car that is louder, but slower/less hp???
Old 09-25-2008, 07:07 PM
chris9012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
or just buy a sweet exhaust
Old 09-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Skyline-LEXY

if u really want sound... just get a set of HFC it will give you more than enough sound.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think the JWTs are great for the money. They're reliable, cheap and make good performance. What more could you ask for? I'm sure popchargers are louder with a plenum spacer to match since the motor is bringing in more air through the intake to begin with, not only would they be louder, they would also kick in at lower RPMs. Take away the spacer, and the G35 intakes would sound just like the G37s and kick in at the same range.

Speaking of which, when is someone going to come out with a spacer option for our cars?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^^^not happening on a vq engine.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by amoney805
^^^not happening on a vq engine.
... So why would they have it on the VQ35DE, VQ35HR which would be the G35 and the 350z?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:25 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Staples
... So why would they have it on the VQ35DE, VQ35HR which would be the G35 and the 350z?
According to Motordyne, the stock spacers are very good on the G37. Tony says that the cost vs. gains for this motor would not be worth it so he is not going to develope any for the G37. This doesn't mean that no one else will but it makes it unlikely unless there are stong gains behind it. It is not like an intake or exhaust where it will make your car sound and look better so there needs to be a performance increase to sell (from my understanding).
Old 09-26-2008, 03:22 AM
Skyline-LEXY

^^ thx B!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Buddy Revell

Originally Posted by Staples
If I'm not mistaken, Motordyne does not make a spacer or plenum for the HR engine in the '07-up Z.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:13 AM
Dynamics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What more?

"I think the JWTs are great for the money. They're reliable, cheap and make good performance. What more could you ask for? I'm sure popchargers are louder with a plenum spacer to match since the motor is bringing in more air through the intake to begin with, not only would they be louder, they would also kick in at lower RPMs. Take away the spacer, and the G35 intakes would sound just like the G37s and kick in at the same range."
I think there is a great deal more to ask for. How about quality engine protection? How about an oil free filter that provides lower restriction over the entire life of the filter? Cheap? What's the definition in this case? What is the long term impact.

Never use a cotton gauze filter in your G37.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:45 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Dynamics
I think there is a great deal more to ask for. How about quality engine protection? How about an oil free filter that provides lower restriction over the entire life of the filter? Cheap? What's the definition in this case? What is the long term impact.

Never use a cotton gauze filter in your G37.
hmm, funny thing is that I know some people with Nissan cars that have oiled filters that have between 200,000 and 300,000 miles on them and the engine works great on the car. Not sure how your post makes much sense. Overly oiled filters I can see being bad but the right amount shouldn't hurt anything. Oiled filters should be able to collect more bad and larger particles out of the air so they don't get into the engine. As long as you clean your filters on regular intervals I don't really see a problem.

Quick Reply: JWT SUCKS... What a waste of $350...