Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

AAM Spec 3 in. MaxFlow True Dual Exhaust (Titanium) Infiniti G37

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just b/c those cars have it doesn't make it ricey. Lamborghini Doors were considered the coolest doors on the planet until people started doing it to their own cars. Big Wing spoilers are considered rice yet they were pioneered on Formula 1 cars and the biggest wing on any production car is the Porsche 911 GT3RS. What I find most funny is that most people around the world don't call it ricer stuff or any of that. It's known as Japanese tuning and yet only Americans refer to it as ricer. It's this continued mindset that anything coming out of the Japanese Aftermarket is rice and therefore whack. Not Gemballa, Hamann, TechArt or Ruf started the Aftermarket turbo kit. That was HKS. Burnt Titanium tips is a style, nothing more yet if a 993 Turbo had first debuted it, would you still consider it ricer? Whether people like it or not, Americans still hold a certain racist mindset when it comes to anything japanese. It's kind of sad that American cars had to be so badly made in order for japanese cars to get their long deserved due. I'm done with my rant. If Powerhouse Amuse produces a Full Titanium Kit for the G37, I'd buy it because I like it. And that's all the reason I need
Old 01-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

11whp is the average. It depends on ur location , the state of your car and it's other mods...
Old 01-26-2008, 12:25 AM
oct2274

ummm, i had no idea that stuff was japanese lol. you seem to be confused on what people call rice......... I don't think people call things rice just because they come from japan or anywhere else for that matter, atleast I know I don't. If those tips were on an exotic I would still call it rice because it is not classy looking at all and looks like something a high school kid would put on a cheap POS. Again, everyone has their opinion, mine? RICE
Old 01-26-2008, 12:26 AM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dominican_Capt
Just b/c those cars have it doesn't make it ricey. Lamborghini Doors were considered the coolest doors on the planet until people started doing it to their own cars. Big Wing spoilers are considered rice yet they were pioneered on Formula 1 cars and the biggest wing on any production car is the Porsche 911 GT3RS. What I find most funny is that most people around the world don't call it ricer stuff or any of that. It's known as Japanese tuning and yet only Americans refer to it as ricer. It's this continued mindset that anything coming out of the Japanese Aftermarket is rice and therefore whack. Not Gemballa, Hamann, TechArt or Ruf started the Aftermarket turbo kit. That was HKS. Burnt Titanium tips is a style, nothing more yet if a 993 Turbo had first debuted it, would you still consider it ricer? Whether people like it or not, Americans still hold a certain racist mindset when it comes to anything japanese. It's kind of sad that American cars had to be so badly made in order for japanese cars to get their long deserved due. I'm done with my rant. If Powerhouse Amuse produces a Full Titanium Kit for the G37, I'd buy it because I like it. And that's all the reason I need
preach it, brother!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

I grew up with the Japanese Tuning scene, my father had large single turbo 280zx's and mk III Supras and they were incredible. So I'm defensive of it b/c of what it means to me. Everyone has their own opinion although the ricest cars I've ever seen are cavaliers, saturns and neons...
Old 01-26-2008, 12:35 AM
oct2274

yes, you can really rice out those cars haha! ever been to laughatrice.com? WOW!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

but yea..god forbid someone says they put lambo doors on their g37...the best ones by far come from GT Factory...much more durable and true 90* swivel compared to the rest...
Old 01-26-2008, 01:53 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seriously Amuse is not rice. now i agree on the angle on the exhaust but this is produced by one of the top tuners in the world. I love how u got 6 posts and they r all to talk ****. Y not make yourself known and liked first. I would like to invite you off the boards until you think a tad bit more.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:59 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by gan78mao
^AMUSE is one of sickest exhaust!!
cant believe u said its ricey! lol
The Amuse exhaust for the G35 was the ONLY exhaust system I even considered putting on that car. The price, well lets just say I didn't get it!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:04 AM
oct2274

thanks for the invite off the boards, but i don't think post count has anything to do with opinion on something. if no one could have an opinion here I think alot of people would have a problem with that. I never said anything about the manufacturer/tuner not sure why you brought that up? If there is post count limit before you are allowed to have an opinion can you please sticky that for us?
Old 01-26-2008, 02:08 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
So your the one who started this whole riceflict.

Originally Posted by oct2274
If there is post count limit before you are allowed to have an opinion can you please sticky that for us?
Sticky: No opinions are allowed from users with less than eight (8) posts.

J/K
Old 01-26-2008, 02:21 AM
G-WIZ KID

New pic I see DiamondGCoupe...
Old 01-26-2008, 03:58 AM
fireboy

Originally Posted by peterbanks
I have been talking with Jon at AAM, great guy. Anyway here are pics of the actual exhaust for the G37. Enjoy.

dam i cant wait to drive my car, and trust me AAM has not put anything out that does not sound good. and when its done the car is going to need it
its going to be one sick ride hopefully have pics of the finished product in the next couple of weeks
Old 01-26-2008, 04:31 AM
fireboy

the angle of the exhaust is purely to reduce the friction loss of the exhuast. less bends les friction loss more horse power i think that is common sense. and far as being ricey you say, that is your opion. i will take the experience and knowledge of the AAM team anyday to do a exhaust for me(and more). and your right the only ricey things i have ever seen are all on american cars becuase they want try to be like us and instead they make it look like a clown car( better made for a circus). to bad they go to advance atuo to try to keep there go cart sounding cars running. if your going to buy an infiniti treat it like the car it is, you cant be cheap with it, all that will do is give you a Sh**ty out come and what is the point of that. go big or go home. you dont have the money to do it right leave it stock or go buy a dodge neon and see what you can do with that and see how many people laugh at you then.
i am done with my rant
and really its not that much of an angle so pull your head out of your A** and go to japan and tell them there stuff is ricey and see what happens.....

Last edited by fireboy; 01-26-2008 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:18 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by fireboy
the angle of the exhaust is purely to reduce the friction loss of the exhuast. less bends les friction loss more horse power i think that is common sense. and far as being ricey you say, that is your opion. i will take the experience and knowledge of the AAM team anyday to do a exhaust for me(and more). and your right the only ricey things i have ever seen are all on american cars becuase they want try to be like us and instead they make it look like a clown car( better made for a circus). to bad they go to advance atuo to try to keep there go cart sounding cars running. if your going to buy an infiniti treat it like the car it is, you cant be cheap with it, all that will do is give you a Sh**ty out come and what is the point of that. go big or go home. you dont have the money to do it right leave it stock or go buy a dodge neon and see what you can do with that and see how many people laugh at you then.
i am done with my rant
and really its not that much of an angle so pull your head out of your A** and go to japan and tell them there stuff is ricey and see what happens.....
Sorry I have no idea what you are trying to say. Rice is universal, from clear alteeza lights, to shopping cart looking spoilers, to tacky vinyl graphics, neon under glows etc etc etc. “Go big or go home” hahaah Come off your high horse, you speak of your Infiniti like it's a Ferrari, saying members don’t have $1,600 dollars to spend on your exhaust get real. We all know what we have, mid-level coupes which are cars many can afford when you look at the roads flooded with SUV's and high end extended cab pick up trucks which all range in the 30-50k range. You drive a G37 come back to earth, great car for the money but far from the price or performance of an BMW M3, M6 or CL Mercedes Benz.

Secondly there are many quality made Domestic cars in the price range of our G37's, Cobra, Saleen, Roush Mustangs and Corvettes, and in my personal opinion there is no better sounding motor than a v8 or an inline 4 with exhaust.
Only thing made for a circus I see are your blue clown colored tips and lack of proper grammar in your post. Your $1,600 should have went to an English class at your local Jr. College.

Last edited by RYs06MT; 01-26-2008 at 05:28 AM.

Quick Reply: AAM Spec 3 in. MaxFlow True Dual Exhaust (Titanium) Infiniti G37