Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

VIDEO of G37 test drive - exhaust note clip

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 AM
DOHCtah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see in your second video you tested a song that was bass heavy. How was the subwoofer bass of the car? Clear? Crisp? Loud? Did you actually feel it bumping?

cool vids by the way.. thanks for the uploads

Last edited by DOHCtah; 08-15-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:49 AM
nogoodname
Banned

it must have been nice with all 11 speakers, sure beat my 4 speaker system
Old 08-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Ahujadaddy

I tested a HUGE variety of songs, from the song in the vid (THis is why i'm hot) all the way to Cindy Lauper's Time after Time.... hahahahhaa. yea, shutup. lol The salesperson was astonished.

I didnt feel it really BUMP, but rather it was crisp and refined. I do like the BUMP feeling too, but i was so busy playing with everything that i cant really remember now. CRISP is good word to describe it, but not BUMP or Rattle.... that could be bad or good depending on ur taste

Maybe its cuz lotta cushion in the seat to dampen it? iunno
Oh well, that means i "need" to go test drive more
Old 08-15-2007, 10:52 AM
DOHCtah

^^ would you say the bass is adequate? Was the bass gain turned up all the way when you tested, or was there more room to go up? Did it sound like it was gonna distort if you tried to crank it higher?
Old 08-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Ahujadaddy

BASS and treb were at MAX, BAL and FAD were all in center.
Seemed there was auto speed / volume correction going on, which i didnt like... didnt get into the menus enough to check it out.

It didnt sound like OMG im in a 40K lux car with 11 speakers, but it did sound prettty good. I'm comin from a 6 speaker toyota corolla. My audio expectations are high usually.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Orbie

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
FYI, the guy says there is no more 6 disc changer in the trunk. If you gettin the 9.3 GB HD for MusicBox, then u dont get a 6 disc at all.
Not sure how accurate this is, or if you all already knew... but it was news to me.
Yeah I believe that was in the original G37 specs that were released, Nav package with HD replaces in dash 6-disc CD changer. The changer was never in the trunk in the gen 1 car, it was always single feed in dash.

Thanks for posting those vids, got to love that exhaust, sounds a lot more throaty/aggressive than I was expecting.

EDIT: oops nevermind, I thought you were talking about the gen 1 coupes, I've heard the 6-disc changer moves to the trunk on Nav cars but if they get rid of it entirely I'm not too worried especially with the iPod Interface.

Last edited by Orbie; 08-15-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The 6-disc CD changer on the Premium package reverts to a single disc CD player plus 9.3GB hard drive with the Nav package.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:20 PM
crazycarl16

Definitely blue slate. What dealer did you test drive at?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:26 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DOHCtah
I see in your second video you tested a song that was bass heavy. How was the subwoofer bass of the car? Clear? Crisp? Loud? Did you actually feel it bumping?

cool vids by the way.. thanks for the uploads
Since it is a Bose system it should be very crisp but I doubt it will be heart pounding. There should be no rattling or anything of that sort even when turned up high. Bose prides themselves on having great sounding systems but also limiting the consumer on what they can balance on the system such as bass and treble. I haven't heard this system yet but I have a Bose home system and have sold most of their different platforms in the past. Thankfully they have gotten better in the bass department.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Thank you very very much for the video! The exhaust note is amazing. It sounds deeper and meaner.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:53 PM
anotha

Woah i was aware of voice recognition and all but i didnt know u could change car temperature and all. What other kind of voice commands can the nav system take? Also im seeing ppl are pleased with the sound system in the car but i recall a certain magazine review saying the bose system is crap. Im not sure what their issue with it was but im sure with some tweaking the system will be real nice. Did you happen to try the live stage feat i think its called?

Last edited by anotha; 08-15-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:40 PM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Voice commands for HVAC, Nav and Phone
Old 08-16-2007, 09:24 AM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Awesome, that exhaust note is so sick!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by Yimbie
Thank you very very much for the video! The exhaust note is amazing. It sounds deeper and meaner.
Hey man, np. Glad you liked. You're gonna be one of the first here to get yours prolly... hope you have a good camera ready

anotha: I think its called SoundStage. I started to look for it, but didnt keep it up. Just had small amount of time to enjoy it all. Lol

crazycarl16: PM'ed u back

Orbie: You're right, we got LOTTa music options as it is. So, not hard pressed bout the 6-disc in trunk goin away. Ah well.. less weight? lol

I did like the voice commands for HVAC, NAV, Phone, etc. What really impressed me was this Nav actually speaks the name of the street (like VZ Nav on my cell phone).
I'm used to the basic TomTom and Garmin systems not being able to do that.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heard it in person and it sounds sweet.

Quick Reply: VIDEO of G37 test drive - exhaust note clip