Group Buy - Clutch Pedal Assist Spring for 6MT

Old 01-18-2018, 06:37 AM
Snipres

Are these really worth it? My 14' 6MT always has a inconsistent pedal feel
Old 01-18-2018, 09:47 PM
4DRZ

Originally Posted by Snipres View Post
Are these really worth it? My 14' 6MT always has a inconsistent pedal feel
It's a good upgrade and definitely worth it for the cost. The next step up, and it is a big one in terms or performance and price, is the RJM performance clutch pedal assembly.

I had the Jsolo clutch spring and it was a very nice improvement. I recently upgraded to the RJM performance clutch pedal assembly it is a much bigger (next level) improvement.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:16 PM
streiw

So, it's obvious that nobody has done any research of these springs themselves. If so, you'd have found that these springs cost $10. No way in hell is his $30 shipped price justifiable.

$20, maybe.

Compression Spring 72577 - Compression Springs - Compression

Minimum order is 4 springs. With UPS ground shipping, it comes to ~$55 for 4 springs. That's what a group buy should be, a combined effort to get a good price for everyone involved. Not this dude selling 400+ of them on ebay at his inflated *** pricing.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:09 PM
ajaffer

WARNING - This will break the metal pieces that are within the clutch spring. I bought this spring and just noticed that the metal piece within it snapped a while ago.

Not a good purchase, not sure why everyone has been so positive about it if they truly used it long term.

Will be purchasing RJM Performance Clutch Pedal Assembly instead to do it right. The spring is good for maybe half a year short term fun.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:31 AM
Jsolo
Insane & Delirious

Originally Posted by ajaffer View Post
WARNING - This will break the metal pieces that are within the clutch spring. I bought this spring and just noticed that the metal piece within it snapped a while ago.

Not a good purchase, not sure why everyone has been so positive about it if they truly used it long term.

Will be purchasing RJM Performance Clutch Pedal Assembly instead to do it right. The spring is good for maybe half a year short term fun.
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues.

Of the many sold this is the first I'm hearing of parts breaking after use. I still have mine installed going on 7 years with no issues.

I can see one having issues if the pedal bracket is bent (or was bent during installation), resulting in misalignment of the top/bottom pieces/bushing that hold the springs in place. What tools were used during installation? If anything, this spring exerts less pressure on the reused parts than the stock spring.

Btw, you bought this in April of 2016, over 2 years ago.