General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help with rear seat seat-belts!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 04:57 PM
corey.grizzle
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Help with rear seat seat-belts!

So without telling a long story, I ended up having to use the rear seat belts to tie down a 55" TV in my rear seat. Tied them together around the box. They locked, like I had planed, however there is not enough slack to get the knot out. Is there a button or switch somewhere to release the tension manually so I can untie my seat belts? And yes, I now that was a silly action, but it was an emergency!
Old 08-02-2017, 11:07 PM
juan goose
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Had this issue once on a different car, suggestion is remove the lower seat cushion out of the car and the portion of the seatbelt that attaches to the car will need to be removed. Should be held by a nut onto an anchor bolt.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:49 PM
corey.grizzle
Registered Member

The part holding the belt in place I've found, it's behind the rear seat back. but I either can't see or can't reach anything that might release it's lock. Im going to pull out the tensioner when I get home if nothing else. I should at least be able to get enough slack to untie it.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:17 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
holy **** thats funny
Old 08-03-2017, 11:17 PM
corey.grizzle
Registered Member

You should see the Facebook live video I made while going down the interstate with a gigantic box poking up like a makeshift wing complaining about customer service and just why I was driving with a giant box tied down with seatbelts...

Never did get time to bury my head up under the rear seatback and loosen the entire tensioner today. Might just try to get it done on break at work tomorrow. On a better note, got a box in the mail today that said Tein on the side!