General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Windows acting strange

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 10:07 AM
daryn67

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Windows acting strange

I found something odd happening with my window this morning. When I open the door on my convertible it goes down a bit, but doesn't go back up for firm into its proper sealed place. When I open the door again. It goes down a bit more, but again will not go back up and is now even lower. This just repeats itself. Is there some window reset thing I can do?
Old 05-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Make sure that black spring sensor on the door jam isn't loose it's a open/close switch
Old 05-15-2017, 08:01 PM
petemo94
Registered Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by daryn67
I found something odd happening with my window this morning. When I open the door on my convertible it goes down a bit, but doesn't go back up for firm into its proper sealed place. When I open the door again. It goes down a bit more, but again will not go back up and is now even lower. This just repeats itself. Is there some window reset thing I can do?
There is a window reset procedure that you do. Have you recently pulled the battery or had it replaced?

Procedure: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...ut-not-up.html
The following users liked this post:
daryn67 (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 11:43 PM
daryn67

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, I did see a youtube video that lead me to the reset procedure! I did have some work done to my vehicle recently, so I'm assuming they had disconnected the battery, but not sure Regardless, I did do the reset and all windows are working again! Thanks for the tip!