General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Better performance with engine cold

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 01:00 AM
Slideways88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Better performance with engine cold

Hey sup guys ive noticed that when driving my car "spirited" (g37 sedan 6speed) on a cold or not completely at fully warmed up temps, that my engine is a little bit more repsonsive on the throttle noticeably at the lower rpms like 3k up? Ive tried reseting the computer with the press the throttle 7 times trick and still the same result. Has a faster throttle response and more aggressive acceleration to redline. I has a mishimotor thermostat and am wondering if this mod will keep this characteristic with the engine
Old 05-05-2017, 01:21 PM
terribleone
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
*just a theory* Its possible that since your engine is not fully up to temp your air intakes are not going breathing as much hot air from the engine bay. No different then your car will feel more peppy on a cool fall day then a 100 degree summer one.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Slideways88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good point, i was also thinking maybe the car runs on a different map setting when not fully warmed up? Either way a tune is in order and ill see what comes about after its done
Old 05-05-2017, 02:41 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by terribleone
*just a theory* Its possible that since your engine is not fully up to temp your air intakes are not going breathing as much hot air from the engine bay. No different then your car will feel more peppy on a cool fall day then a 100 degree summer one.
Temperature, Humidity,and barometric pressure are all factors and affect MPG as well. Temperature also affects tire pressure as well.

Telcoman