General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Coast to coast road trip in g37 coupe yah or nay

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Juelz86g37s2012

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Coast to coast road trip in g37 coupe yah or nay

Hello everyone kinda new here. I always been on my350z forum as n just own a 350z and hado recently sold my g35 for the g37.
I won't say it was an huge upgrade but the space from the G35 coupe is surely missed.lol. anyways wanted asked or see if anyone had done an extreme road trip like this. I am going from California to the big NYC which is home my sole purpose it to pick up my turbo kit from my brothers house in Brooklyn. I've purchased the kit 3 yes ago I've been building my 350z for boost for 3 yrs.and would like to know if it is possible to run the g37 for long distance. On the trip will be me my girlfriend and our two kids 9yrs and 2yrs also the family pitbull.
A rentle car was in the discussion but I really love my g37 and would like bring it for the trip. Any ways open to here opinions and decision. I have 55k miles so when I return I'd be a little over 61k Mike's on my engine Trans and chassis. And feed back would be great thx 3k miles one ways total 6 their and back. thx again every1.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:21 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
I see why you want too I would love to travel cross country with my g37 as well and mechanically speaking you should be fine as long as the oil changed and battery is in good condition and other fluids, now here the topic that will make you think twice I believe the g37 is a pretty small car, I just recently had my baby (4 months) and we went from AZ to CA and to be honest we hardly had room for the three of us, we had the car seat and my gf in the back seat, stroller in the trunk and a suitcase and that was all the room the trunk gave, imo I think to travel comfortable you should think about renting a bigger sizes vehicle for you and your family cross country trip.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:02 PM
Juelz86g37s2012

Originally Posted by Ricio1991
I see why you want too I would love to travel cross country with my g37 as well and mechanically speaking you should be fine as long as the oil changed and battery is in good condition and other fluids, now here the topic that will make you think twice I believe the g37 is a pretty small car, I just recently had my baby (4 months) and we went from AZ to CA and to be honest we hardly had room for the three of us, we had the car seat and my gf in the back seat, stroller in the trunk and a suitcase and that was all the room the trunk gave, imo I think to travel comfortable you should think about renting a bigger sizes vehicle for you and your family cross country trip.
Indeed I get what you saying because aswell As luggage and then coming back with the turbo kit I grant their won't be much room. Yeah the fluids been changed it wouldn't hurt to do another oil change I just did the rp 5 w30 and it's extend Mile rp oil filter so I would just need to run the car xxx mIles until I change the oil. Car is still warranty under factory aswell But again I wouldn't want to take advantage even tho my car is the 6mt and it will be more thrilling to drive my only worry about the g37 Is the way the clutch system in these 37's and 370z are wierd asf. And I won't really be satisfied /confidence until I install the upgrade kit required these pedal have a mind of its own On the clutch side If not trying to beat the snot out of the stock clutch disk.
Thanks again I'll guess be renting rentle car.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
No problem man and yes your right with the turbo kit and luggage you won't have much room, the 6 speed are a little difficult to get in be begging, clutch engagement point is weird and it took me a while to get used to, after a while I had it down without any upgrades but the rjm pedal is the way to go from what I hear!
The following users liked this post:
Juelz86g37s2012 (02-21-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 12:53 PM
Juelz86g37s2012

Originally Posted by Ricio1991
No problem man and yes your right with the turbo kit and luggage you won't have much room, the 6 speed are a little difficult to get in be begging, clutch engagement point is weird and it took me a while to get used to, after a while I had it down without any upgrades but the rjm pedal is the way to go from what I hear!
Cool bro I'll look into it. Yeah it's not that bad im.just used to it because my z was the last stick.I drove in like 4 yrs.and my g35 was an 5at. And I couldn't live with the 3.3 and the longer gearing No more so I had to get my ***** back Lol I like it tho just used to that way the 350z setup was Iset up I had stage 2 everything . And ss lines
The rim was the last mod I needed but I never felt so cuz my pedal was already super stiff. But I think the rjm is a must in this car just to maybe take that feeling away and add an ss line it should be perfect until.mod time.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:47 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
I wouldn't suggest driving your car across the entire country. From a financial standpoint, the cost of driving 1 mile is about $0.55 for an average car (gas, depreciation, maintenance, insurance, etc). This means you'll be spending about $3,000 just to drive across the country - this money can be spent towards a 1st class plane ticket, or other mods.

I strongly advise you to have the parts shipped over, fly to NY, or take a rental car. Just about every option other than driving your G37 is a better route
Old 02-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Juelz86g37s2012

Smile

Originally Posted by kickintheglass
I wouldn't suggest driving your car across the entire country. From a financial standpoint, the cost of driving 1 mile is about $0.55 for an average car (gas, depreciation, maintenance, insurance, etc). This means you'll be spending about $3,000 just to drive across the country - this money can be spent towards a 1st class plane ticket, or other mods.

I strongly advise you to have the parts shipped over, fly to NY, or take a rental car. Just about every option other than driving your G37 is a better route
I feel you round trip looking @600 300each way and gas starts going down towards the mid west eastern states.
I feel and I understand what you guys are saying but this trip really has a little of meaning to me. I really don't wanna go home visit in the rentle ND my cousin all go German vehicles n **** now . My little cousin have an m5 my cousin around my age has an audi I'm not sure what model but it's a fast one and my last cousin have an 3 series and m3.so it's kinda a competing thing since childhood. I've always ways n to Japanese car because my dad was an Rx7 freak and he still has his 91 s5 non turbo .lmao sorry just being honest this trip has meaning.

My z was problem one of the first vq35 to hit the 200k mark ba ck then for its time . So driving and depriciation is really for those i guess who dont like driving.
My g35 i sold i put another 140k and that **** and got 5k for it an 03 which normal now n day and got the 2012g so giving what i do to my cars and how i drive out here I n cali miles are going to rack up +1 if you speed like me .lol

The G35 had 22mm more space something like that it doesnt seem like much talking about it but get inside of both cars and you notice the g37 it slightly tigher.this is why I true love asked be cause I'm still in disbelief and I got this car for Christmas and before all of use fit comfy And bring the dog and it was still perfect now im really in for it now..

That moment when you saw That black on black 4 door g37s6mt
still opt for black 6mt Coupe

**** Call me stupid but im might go for it anyways
And quote me if I decide ill make a effin blog
Pictures of state experience n my 37g.
I'm suppose to leave the Feb 25th 4:30am.
Still open to other opinions I know yall saw my thread.
Beside arent we all driving enthusiast. Thx Again

drivinging:

Last edited by Juelz86g37s2012; 02-17-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:00 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
I'll be the first to say life is about memories and family but man, I've had my coupe a week and it is NOT meant for long term driving. The G is terrible on gas and the seats are sporty and stiff, not cushy and loose. I think your family would hate you by the time you get to the Cali border lol. You are FAR better off renting a Cadi or something.

As for your competitive friends, just tell them you take care of your things and see no point in putting all those miles on it just to go beat them at a street race. Make the trip memorable for the sights and family time, not the complaining and stopping to stretch moments lol.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:09 AM
VenomGT9
Registered Member

Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts
Not sure how much the seats differ from my G35 to your G37...but I've done many a long distance trips and I've never really had an issue with the comfort factor. Sure MPG could always be better but getting the stretch at each fill up was sufficient.
Enjoy the trip man!
If you're going through AZ, I suggest stopping at Sliding Rock...kids will love it.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:54 AM
Juelz86g37s2012

Originally Posted by VenomGT9
Not sure how much the seats differ from my G35 to your G37...but I've done many a long distance trips and I've never really had an issue with the comfort factor. Sure MPG could always be better but getting the stretch at each fill up was sufficient.
Enjoy the trip man!
If you're going through AZ, I suggest stopping at Sliding Rock...kids will love it.
The G35 coupe is bigger by 22mm that doesn't seem alot But when I went from g35 to the g37 both coupes I noticed the difference. That being said even my 9yr old notice the lack of that extra space gone. My g35 coupe I was able to go long distance with both my kids and occasional bring my pitbull and we all had sapce. .
Im still looking to possible by another coupe and DD it and park the g37 but I don't know long that would be until I get another g35 coupe this time I'll get the 6mt.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:58 AM
Juelz86g37s2012

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kris9884
I'll be the first to say life is about memories and family but man, I've had my coupe a week and it is NOT meant for long term driving. The G is terrible on gas and the seats are sporty and stiff, not cushy and loose. I think your family would hate you by the time you get to the Cali border lol. You are FAR better off renting a Cadi or something.

As for your competitive friends, just tell them you take care of your things and see no point in putting all those miles on it just to go beat them at a street race. Make the trip memorable for the sights and family time, not the complaining and stopping to stretch moments lol.
Agreed. Man with that being said lol.
I thought about that and I don't want the fam.bam hating daddo because I wanna drive my coupe. Lol. Thanks again for everyone response.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:42 PM
Fester

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah we did a Roadtrip from Az to Cali, using my cruise control in my coupe I managed to get 450.9 miles to the tank. 3 people and a full trunk of stuff.. It was fun, I would only do it again if it was just the wife and I. Only thing I didn't like is when its really windy the windows feel like they are going to cave in.. LOL
Old 03-24-2016, 02:01 PM
Juelz86g37s2012

Originally Posted by Fester
Yeah we did a Roadtrip from Az to Cali, using my cruise control in my coupe I managed to get 450.9 miles to the tank. 3 people and a full trunk of stuff.. It was fun, I would only do it again if it was just the wife and I. Only thing I didn't like is when its really windy the windows feel like they are going to cave in.. LOL
Agreed .I just manage to make it back.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:51 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Juelz86g37s2012
Hello everyone kinda new here. I always been on my350z forum as n just own a 350z and hado recently sold my g35 for the g37.
I won't say it was an huge upgrade but the space from the G35 coupe is surely missed.lol. anyways wanted asked or see if anyone had done an extreme road trip like this. I am going from California to the big NYC which is home my sole purpose it to pick up my turbo kit from my brothers house in Brooklyn. I've purchased the kit 3 yes ago I've been building my 350z for boost for 3 yrs.and would like to know if it is possible to run the g37 for long distance. On the trip will be me my girlfriend and our two kids 9yrs and 2yrs also the family pitbull.
A rentle car was in the discussion but I really love my g37 and would like bring it for the trip. Any ways open to here opinions and decision. I have 55k miles so when I return I'd be a little over 61k Mike's on my engine Trans and chassis. And feed back would be great thx 3k miles one ways total 6 their and back. thx again every1.
My coast to coast round trip from NYC to Fort Lewis Washington State was in 1966 in a 66 VW Beedle.
It was an experience that I still fondly remember and was never able to do it again. There is lots to see and the nine year old will remember it for the rest of his life. He will have first hand experience of all the states that you drove thru and can speak in school and impress his teachers and others.

Do it!

Telcoman
Old 05-15-2016, 10:17 PM
Juelz86g37s2012

I did it was fun but things went wrong
Originally Posted by telcoman
My coast to coast round trip from NYC to Fort Lewis Washington State was in 1966 in a 66 VW Beedle.
It was an experience that I still fondly remember and was never able to do it again. There is lots to see and the nine year old will remember it for the rest of his life. He will have first hand experience of all the states that you drove thru and can speak in school and impress his teachers and others.

Do it!

Telcoman

Quick Reply: Help Coast to coast road trip in g37 coupe yah or nay