General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Cruise Control Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 07:21 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Just to update this thread - the Nickel worked for a day then the light came back. Then I stacked two nickels under the switch, and it worked for 3 days. It just came back tonight, but it's very intermittent. As in, it came on, and then I reset it by cycling on/off the car, and it didn't come back. I definitely think it's the upper clutch switch. I picked up a new one, but I'm waiting for it to warm up a little bit before I work on the car again. I'll post when I have an update.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:52 AM
teefar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer
Just to update this thread - the Nickel worked for a day then the light came back. Then I stacked two nickels under the switch, and it worked for 3 days. It just came back tonight, but it's very intermittent. As in, it came on, and then I reset it by cycling on/off the car, and it didn't come back. I definitely think it's the upper clutch switch. I picked up a new one, but I'm waiting for it to warm up a little bit before I work on the car again. I'll post when I have an update.
So what happened?
Old 12-11-2014, 10:43 PM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Oh I'm sorry, I guess I updated in another thread about this. Yes, the update is that I ended up adjusting the pedal and upper switch, and it hasn't come back on since. It's been about a month. So my recommendation is to play with the adjustment of the switch. If that doesn't fix it, change out the switch.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Dangarza
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes indeed! Upper clutch switch it is :)

First things first.
2012 infiniti G37S Coupe 6 MT, 55,000 miles. Bought new.
For the past 6 months I have had the intermittent CRUISE SET lights blinking on and off issue, at which time the cruise control functions do not work.
Resets itself by turning the car off and back on, but then at random, it happens again.
Took it to infiniti dealer, no codes were showing dealer guy said it was probably my 4.5 year old OEM battery (Which I had tested and charged, it was OK and car starting like a champ) nonetheless the issue eventually got me fed up and given that it was a 4.5 year old battery, I gave him the benefit of the doubt; so I replaced the OEM battery with new AGM BOSCH battery. (battery fit is perfect BTW).
Well... the problem promptly returned after installing the new battery.
Time to go online and found the solution right on this thread.
Yes, by just wiggling the UPPER CLUTCH PEDAL SWITCH the problem was solved.
For those unfamiliar, there are two "button" type switches in the clutch pedal assembly; one (at the bottom) gets pushed when you fully depress the clutch pedal.
The other one (at the top) gets pushed when the clutch pedal is released and goes up to its resting position. THIS IS THE ONE AT FAULT.
It is basically a loose connection making poor contact intermittently.
I have driven the car, used the cruise control and all of its features and everything is working as intended.
So the the least I could do is post this information to both thank you and hopefully help someone in the future, as this seems to be a not too rare occurence in manual cars.
THANK YOU.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dangarza:
jcbone (11-22-2016), josephwhan (03-11-2019)
Old 06-22-2016, 08:24 PM
marauders808

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dangarza
First things first.
2012 infiniti G37S Coupe 6 MT, 55,000 miles. Bought new.
For the past 6 months I have had the intermittent CRUISE SET lights blinking on and off issue, at which time the cruise control functions do not work.
Resets itself by turning the car off and back on, but then at random, it happens again.
Took it to infiniti dealer, no codes were showing dealer guy said it was probably my 4.5 year old OEM battery (Which I had tested and charged, it was OK and car starting like a champ) nonetheless the issue eventually got me fed up and given that it was a 4.5 year old battery, I gave him the benefit of the doubt; so I replaced the OEM battery with new AGM BOSCH battery. (battery fit is perfect BTW).
Well... the problem promptly returned after installing the new battery.
Time to go online and found the solution right on this thread.
Yes, by just wiggling the UPPER CLUTCH PEDAL SWITCH the problem was solved.
For those unfamiliar, there are two "button" type switches in the clutch pedal assembly; one (at the bottom) gets pushed when you fully depress the clutch pedal.
The other one (at the top) gets pushed when the clutch pedal is released and goes up to its resting position. THIS IS THE ONE AT FAULT.
It is basically a loose connection making poor contact intermittently.
I have driven the car, used the cruise control and all of its features and everything is working as intended.
So the the least I could do is post this information to both thank you and hopefully help someone in the future, as this seems to be a not too rare occurence in manual cars.
THANK YOU.

I hope what you mentioned about the clutch pedal will help for my issue. Mine tripped today while on the way to work :'(
Old 04-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Sython

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just wanted to bump this thread to potentially help others in the future. I have a 2008 G37S, 72.5k miles, and I'm getting the flashing SET at random intervals. I fortunately caught it and had codes scanned at the auto parts store. The car threw codes P0605 and C1109. P0605 has a TSB indicating an ECM replacement due to the flashing SET. C1109 is a voltage issue and I'm going to be investigating that as I believe this is unrelated.

Regarding P0605 - My car is far beyond the emissions warranty so this could potentially be a costly replacement and I'm going to try the ASCD switch ($45 for an OEM part from my dealer). I'll report back if it fixes it, but reading these responses on this thread makes me feel quite hopeful.

Thanks for making the thread.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:27 AM
Racerprof

Did replacing the ASCD switch provide a solution to the problem?

Last edited by Racerprof; 10-15-2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Forgot punctuation “?”
Old 02-26-2019, 02:33 AM
Bizzenn
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same issue

Originally Posted by VOLK_TE37
Replace your ACSD Cancel switch, guaranteed to fix your problem!
My dealer even replace my ECU but the same issue came back after a few months. I took out the switch and cleaned the inside contact terminals and it went away and hasn't happened since 3 years ago.

Everyone with this problem are all 6MT owners.

SWITCH ASSY-ASCD CANCEL - 370Z (Z34) 2009+ Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com
I have a 2014 Q60 7AT. I would assume this is the correct switch for my vehicle as well?
Old 02-26-2019, 02:20 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Look on www.discountinfinitiparts.com
Old 12-19-2022, 11:17 PM
dcluse
Registered Member

I know this is an old post but just had a similar issue and want to share my fix. ‘12 G37XS

I just did a brake upgrade (Akebono - that’s a separate subject, but so far VERY happy with it) and when I picked the car up it had this same issue with the Set light flashing and I couldn’t engage Cruise. Shop had no idea and promised to remedy it. After a lengthy forum and YouTube search when I got home, I came across a video about the brake switch and how if it isn’t adjusted perfectly, it can trip the Cruise system with this error. Here’s the link:

Basically there was play in the brake pedal because after the brake swap (depress/repress) the pedal had a new default resting place. I had to loosen the nut behind the brake switch and lower the switch to be fully depressed against my brake pedal. This removed play from my pedal and cured my Cruise Set flash error and the systems works again.

All the best

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Hey all,
I have a 2008 G37S Coupe and the cruise set light will randomly (about 1-2x per week) come on and start flashing.

The dealership has the car right now and hasn't been able to reproduce the issue yet. They said there was one code in the system, but it was an old code. They mentioned it was something with the ECM, but didn't give me the specific code.

I've seen issues on other forums with other Infiniti's, but wondering if any of you G owners have experienced this or know what might be causing the issue?

Thanks!