General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

What should I look out for?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:59 AM
cchrisv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I look out for?

Greetings,

I am considering purchasing a used 2008 G37S Manual Coupe. It has around 39K miles. Is there anything I should be looking for? What kind of major maintenance items will be coming up soon?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Brian Thompson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Based on the short time I've been watching these forums, the manual transmissions in the G37 don't have a very long shelf life. I'd recommend getting the transmission checked out before you buy. Search the forums for manual transmission reliability problems for more information on that.

Other than that, check for some of the common problems (rattling muffler, brake squeal in reverse, judder sensation with moderate to heavy braking) listed in Infiniti's technical service bulletins for the G37. Here's a page with a nice list of the TSBs:

Infiniti G37 Technical Support Bullitins

I have a 2008 G37S automatic with 83k miles. I just typed up a post about some of the problems I've had with my car. You can check that out here if you're interested.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-...ml#post3522153

Beyond that, all I can say is that if you don't have problems with it when you buy it, you probably will have at least some minor problems with it after you buy it. Just about any car will have SOME problems, though.

-Brian
Old 09-13-2012, 12:14 AM
camp3r

Originally Posted by cchrisv
Greetings,

I am considering purchasing a used 2008 G37S Manual Coupe. It has around 39K miles. Is there anything I should be looking for? What kind of major maintenance items will be coming up soon?
check oil...not only level but remove cap and look in there. check for sludge and condition of oil.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:59 PM
jagautomotivenc

Originally Posted by camp3r
check oil...not only level but remove cap and look in there. check for sludge and condition of oil.
I agree. I would look at the bottom end of the motor as well.