General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Dropped car off at dealer today..

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Rapture37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dropped car off at dealer today..

So my service engine soon light has been on. I do have HFCs, however the 2 sensors that go into them didn't cause the light. My nieghbor is a mechanic and his computer said the same thing my Cobb told me.. It was the sensor on the drivers side exhaust manifold (header) So I just took it to the dealer and see what they would say..I also asked him about the seat bubbles and he said it was normal.

A service rep calls me back and says it looks like your aftermarket intakes and exhaust is making your SES light go on. I had to laugh. He said if I put all the stock then they can re set the light. I could do that. Lol the sensor in the header is still messed up. Now I'm going to go back and demand them to replace the seat cushion, and point out the sensor that's bad that I didn't touch. Well see what happens when I go back. Lol

Worst comes to worst I know the owner of the dealership from doing work on 3 of his dealerships including infiniti. so I'll bring his name into it and see if any Magic happens
Old 06-02-2009, 04:03 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you take it to parkway?
Old 06-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Rapture37

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
you take it to parkway?
Yup... Why do you ask?
Old 06-02-2009, 04:18 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

i just blew up on the service guy there about a free ester oil change and free alignment there...

gimme a name so i can do some name dropping :P
Old 06-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Rapture37

Haha owners name is bob. He's the big boss man that owns all the parkway dealerships. But you didn't hear it from me. Haha but I'm going to ask of he's there cuz he knows me personally. Always asks how I like the car when I was working for him.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:15 PM
TJHG37S

How do you get a free Ester Oil change, from the ticking engine TSB?

quote=GeeeeOhhhh;2647352]i just blew up on the service guy there about a free ester oil change and free alignment there...

gimme a name so i can do some name dropping :P[/quote]
Old 06-02-2009, 06:35 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

is he the big middle eastern looking guy?

free ester oil change to fix the ticking. but the service guy at infiniti said only if they can duplicate the ticking. I told him that other dealers are doing it and taking care of their customers had to argue for an oil change i said forget i'll just put synethic and made it a point that other dealers are mod friendly and take care of the customers where as parkway doesn't. Which means they don't get my business. Same goes with our free alignment before 10k miles, they won't do it because there has to be a significant reason for an alignment (shaking, steering wheel off, etc). I just got it done at a local shop. But other dealerships i hear are doing it and some are doing it even if your lowered. Those are the people i wish i had around my area.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:18 PM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't like the service people over there. They are bitches. I only go coz it's close to my work and van nuys is too far and a waste of saturdays.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Rapture37

Yeah it's the middle easten looking guy. He's actually from India! Haha. I'm on my way back to get my car and argue! Wish me luck
Old 06-02-2009, 07:34 PM
n_jay888

Good luck bro!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:35 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

good luck. Ya he worked a deal with me and when i was about to walk he offered me 4k cash back i was like oh snap! i was trying to get a free navi but they couldn't find one in AB but ya that guy was awesome i think he has a AB G37S...
Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Rapture37

THE VERDICT:
So I go in, and they said once again my aftermarket parts is what's throwing the light. I said well what sensor is it because if it's not one of the sensors in the cat how can it be
My aftermarket parts? He's like good question.. Called the mechanic over and said that it's the sensor in my drivers side cat.. Code was p0051 heater control circuit low bank 2 sensor 1. Now I thought bank two meant drivers side and sensor one meant the top sensor so of wouldn't be the one in the cat. Apparently they said bank 2 is the botto
sensors and sensor one is the drivers side?! I may be wrong but I don't think that right. But whatever fine.

So I said okay then obviously the sensor is broken so I guess I will buy a new one.. Cost with tax 206 bucks FML. lol so I'm going to install this bitch right now and I swear after I clear the SES if it comes back on and turns out they
Told me the wrong sensor I'll be livid.

As for the seat thing, for ANY appointment at parkway infiniti, ASK FOR GERALD. He told
Me he wished I came to him cuz he woulda lied and made them pay
For the sensor. And said he will fix my seat under warrenty no questions asked.

Time to install the new o2 sensor. WISH ME BETTER
LUCK. lol
Old 06-02-2009, 11:54 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Ah imma ask for gerald now thanks
Old 06-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Rapture37

My SES light came right back on. Once the mechaic ran the codes, saw that it was one of the o2 sensors, he automatically blamed the aftermarket parts. So when he came back in he said of was the wrong sensor. Really?! I knew it was the top
One cuz that's what my mechanic told me.. It was the top one above the cat. So I spent 206 dollars for a new sensor that wasn't broken cuz they said that one was.. I'm going back tomorrow and am going to say some stuff. I better get the top sensor checked
Out. I'm pissed.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:35 PM
n_jay888

Dude your getting jacked up by that dealer i told you. Better go to the owner right away or they are gonna make you pay for more shiet.

Quick Reply: Dropped car off at dealer today..