G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedan aero options (mainly sideskirts and rear spat/lip)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 02:25 PM
laurante

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sedan aero options (mainly sideskirts and rear spat/lip)

I've just recently picked up a 09 G37S Sedan after months of searching! There doesn't seem to be many options for the sedan as far as aero goes.

As far as sideskirts go, I believe all I've seen are OEM Sport (which I have) and I think Kenstyle, which seem to be all of the replicas I've seen made. And splitters.

Rear spats, I've only seen OEM, and Kenstyle. And diffusers, which I'm not a fan of. I feel like I've missed the "train" for parts that I want, years ago Ravspec made replicas (and I believe another company) but no one seems to produce them anymore. Anyone know why? I've been looking for a set of Kenstyle-style rear spats if anyone has a set for sale.

I like the updated look of the 10+ front ends, but I don't want to convert since I have an 09.

All of the threads I've found on sedan aero are dated from like 3+ years ago, I'm hoping someone has made more aero by now!
Old 01-07-2018, 11:36 PM
ctng37
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm not very familiar with the 09 sedans and their compatibility with the 10+ sedan parts but carbon signal and successful automotive have some aero parts. Dunno if you have seen their stuff. Other than that, I don't know of any other parts.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:19 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
For the 09 you can get the Factory front lip, rear diffuser Autkits makes a really good one,
Trunk spoiler same place, Side skirts in CF same place. I had a 09 and had everything changed to a sport look.
Attached Thumbnails Sedan aero options (mainly sideskirts and rear spat/lip)-09-sport-lip-front-jpg.jpg   Sedan aero options (mainly sideskirts and rear spat/lip)-nichie-wheel6.jpg   Sedan aero options (mainly sideskirts and rear spat/lip)-z1-akebono-sport-brake-upgrade-side.jpg   Sedan aero options (mainly sideskirts and rear spat/lip)-rear-spoilerpaint.3.jpg   Sedan aero options (mainly sideskirts and rear spat/lip)-rear-spoilerpaint.jpg  

Old 01-08-2018, 01:52 PM
AARONHL
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
I'm pretty good with fiberglass I might try to make some rear skirts
Old 01-09-2018, 12:25 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I agree. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of good options for sedans and I have a 2013. There is one kit that looks nice that is made over in the UAE, but it is ridiculously expensive and shipping is not cheap either.

I am planning to experiment with some carbon wrap this spring on my car for a different look. I like the total sleeper look I have right now, but it could use a little more sporty look to it.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:51 PM
AARONHL
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Anyone have a beat up rear bumper they want to sell me
Old 01-09-2018, 07:44 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I agree. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of good options for sedans and I have a 2013. There is one kit that looks nice that is made over in the UAE, but it is ridiculously expensive and shipping is not cheap either.

I am planning to experiment with some carbon wrap this spring on my car for a different look. I like the total sleeper look I have right now, but it could use a little more sporty look to it.
For the price, it might be worth trying to modify a Q50 front lip to fit the G37. Although the bumper cover shape is pretty different, bet the dimensions aren't too far off

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-14-17-I...JXlst4&vxp=mtr
Old 01-11-2018, 02:11 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by STownSaint
For the price, it might be worth trying to modify a Q50 front lip to fit the G37. Although the bumper cover shape is pretty different, bet the dimensions aren't too far off

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-14-17-I...JXlst4&vxp=mtr
That might work if that is the look you are after. With the snow in WI, that is probably not the best option for me.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:07 PM
c1utchh
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
I've looked into this myself and reached out to a few body shops in the city.

https://www.google.com/search?q=outc...YFPtkB8UKiT4M:
Outcast garage in cali makes this conversion kit but only for the coupes... For sedans the only aero kit that really caught my eye is Walds Black bison kit for the G37, Even the side skirt and diffuser are badass, unfortunately it is very rich for my blood as I have called in about pricing.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is....0.NwhMpVaxHmU

I've come to a conclusion that everyone seems to be doing widebody G's whether its coupes or sedans.

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
That might work if that is the look you are after. With the snow in WI, that is probably not the best option for me.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:34 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by c1utchh
I've looked into this myself and reached out to a few body shops in the city.

https://www.google.com/search?q=outc...YFPtkB8UKiT4M:
Outcast garage in cali makes this conversion kit but only for the coupes... For sedans the only aero kit that really caught my eye is Walds Black bison kit for the G37, Even the side skirt and diffuser are badass, unfortunately it is very rich for my blood as I have called in about pricing.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is....0.NwhMpVaxHmU

I've come to a conclusion that everyone seems to be doing widebody G's whether its coupes or sedans.
I remember seeing that Walds kit and thinking the rear diffuser looked cool, but part of that was really due to the exhaust tips. The front bumper really does not look that much different aside from the LED's.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:12 PM
laurante

thanks for the replies, everyone.

as far as a sport lip for 09's, i don't seem to find them for sale ANYWHERE. anyone have a part number by chance? couldn't find that either.

and everyone confirmed my findings. guess there's not really much out there. the WALD kit does look great, but i don't plan on spending that much on a kit for my daily haha.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:14 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
sometimes nothing wrong with replicas sold on ebay. may not be 100% but being poly it should be doable
Old 01-24-2018, 03:00 PM
laurante

i definitely wouldn't mind a rep of anything i'm looking for. but i haven't found a single rep for sale for rear spats or an 09 sport front lip!
Old 01-24-2018, 03:04 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
they do have the front lip reps on ebay.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:14 PM
laurante

can you link me? the only lips i've been able to find are 10+ sport, and 09 non-sport.

Quick Reply: Sedan aero options (mainly sideskirts and rear spat/lip)