Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Headlight mod? (Blacked out, halos, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:20 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Thanks for the nice words, Coltrane. I sent them to OneEighty to have all the paint work and halos done (they also did the reflector delete). It's one of the few things I didn't do myself on the car. I did all of the custom bulbs, switchbacks and wiring, but I just don't trust myself with the paint work.

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 06-27-2017 at 03:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Coltrane1 (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 03:45 PM
zaz
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
So I'm finally done. I ended up having a shop put all the parts in to save me the headache. So what he did was, since my fogs come on auto with night mode, he put a relay in so my DRLs are my halos and when the fogs come on, everything does. However, as high beams turn fogs off, he has to fix that as currently I have no high beams. See attached for a picture of what the car looks like right now! All I have left for this year is springs, maybe lip/exhaust. But most likely I'll do the latter next year unless a really good deal pops up. Swift springs for sure though.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:19 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Looking good, Zaz. Any close ups of the headlights?
Old 05-28-2018, 10:35 PM
Fidel258

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by loganlhadley

There sure is! Take a look
That is a gorgeous car right there. By any chance do you remember what site you bought those halo rings? I'm looking to buy some exactly like those.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:39 PM
zaz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fidel258
That is a gorgeous car right there. By any chance do you remember what site you bought those halo rings? I'm looking to buy some exactly like those.
Hey man, not the guy you responded to but the two most popular rings on the market are the diode dynamics and morimoto ones. Both are fantastic. I've heard from others' anecdotal experience that morimoto has a better "amber" if you wanted to run those as DRL but diode dynamics has a brighter white? But of course I don't know how valid that is.

I got the diode dynamics ones and they have been fantastic. Went with them because I was using white as DRL and it is pretty damn bright. Customer support has been great as well, for these and all other parts I've gotten from them. Both brands are pretty equivalent as far as price goes and you can't go wrong with either.

EDIT: They look the same as the one's you've replied to link for vid: https://streamable.com/aaksb

Last edited by zaz; 05-28-2018 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:52 PM
Fidel258

Originally Posted by zaz
Hey man, not the guy you responded to but the two most popular rings on the market are the diode dynamics and morimoto ones. Both are fantastic. I've heard from others' anecdotal experience that morimoto has a better "amber" if you wanted to run those as DRL but diode dynamics has a brighter white? But of course I don't know how valid that is.

I got the diode dynamics ones and they have been fantastic. Went with them because I was using white as DRL and it is pretty damn bright. Customer support has been great as well, for these and all other parts I've gotten from them. Both brands are pretty equivalent as far as price goes and you can't go wrong with either.

EDIT: They look the same as the one's you've replied to link for vid: https://streamable.com/aaksb
Wow, yeah those are beauties. If it's not too much trouble, can you send me a link to the Diode Dynamics? I can't find them for the g37 sedan to save my life. And any other brand like Ledconcepts or NFCperformance only sell the main two rings and not the 4 like in those pictures. Thanks for the info by the way!
Old 05-28-2018, 11:13 PM
zaz
Registered Member

Wow, yeah those are beauties. If it's not too much trouble, can you send me a link to the Diode Dynamics? I can't find them for the g37 sedan to save my life. And any other brand like Ledconcepts or NFCperformance only sell the main two rings and not the 4 like in those pictures. Thanks for the info by the way!
https://www.diodedynamics.com/specia...os-strips.html
Old 05-28-2018, 11:30 PM
Fidel258

Thank you, by any chance do you know the ring diameters for the lights? I'm just worried about buying the wrong size.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:31 PM
Fidel258

Thank you, by any chance do you know the ring diameters for the lights? I'm worried that I'll order the wrong size.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:38 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
I used 90mm on all 4 halos, just know you have to trim the turn signal housing for the halo to fit.