Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newb advice: best bang for your buck mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 03:13 AM
MNfiniti
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Best bang for your buck on an X, I just installed a coupe rear sway bar on my sedan and OMFG what a difference! Bang for buck wise, i'd say pick up a coupe rear sway, got mine for $60 and made a massive difference!

Will the more expensive Hotchkis be better? Probably, but i'm not willing to pay $$$ to find out how much of a difference when, from everything i've heard, it won't make that big of a difference over the stock X front sway and a coupe rear sway combo.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:57 AM
Surge Shamray

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far I got a catback (megan y-pipe, custom fab 2.5 inch mid pipe with 12 inch resonators and tanabe muffler), Hotchkis sway bars, Cusco strut tower and Stillen long tube intake.

I think that this car in stock form is kind of a boring driving experience because of how little feedback you get with the throttle, felt like a camry.

for it to feel fun you had to have been going almost double the speed limit but this has been fixed with the exhaust and intake. 

I think what I was looking for is hard to put down in words without sounding like a vague noob to cars, but yes I wanted the car to be more fun to drive.

Now will high flow cats and a tune help to further what I've done with the car thus far?
Old 03-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,430 Posts
Originally Posted by Surge Shamray
Now will high flow cats and a tune help to further what I've done with the car thus far?
Absolutely. You've got the basic suspension bolt-ons... except you didn't mention the dampers, so I can only guess you've got plans for coilovers. And you've got a genuine cold-air intake. And it reads like you've put together a reasonable, cost-effective custom exhaust from the cats on back.

High flow cats would give you a little extra un-tuned grunt, and a little more noise... both noticable and welcome adds, I'm sure. And the tune should bring it all together so that it runs smoother and more efficiently.

After that, not mich else you can do except to start replacing aftermarket parts with other aftermarket parts.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:25 PM
Sourcer101

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For Sale?

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
motordyne art pipes
just so happens I have a set for sale!

HEY do you still have Motordyne for sale??

I'd like to hook them up to my 2012 G37S Sedan. I've heard good things about Motordyne.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:48 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Sourcer101
HEY do you still have Motordyne for sale??

I'd like to hook them up to my 2012 G37S Sedan. I've heard good things about Motordyne.
No. They go quick. Motordyne also raised prices.