Are you kidding me

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 08:45 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
stealthee- Gees man WOW, People are dumb :/

But question can someone explain to me how my INS can ask for the dect? I have never had to pay that before when someone else crashed into me. They would just chase the other INS for the $$. Sounds to me like me like BS.

I had the tire rub on the wheel well again on the way home last night( HWY bump)
Did you call your insurance and go through them? Or did you call the other guy's insurance?

If you go through yours they usually do make you pay the deductible, and then they try to get it from the other guys ins. (which i think dosen't always happen)

If you just go right through the other guy's insurance (which you should) thhen you don't pay anything.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:57 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
That's what I thought. Thanx man, I really want to go through the others but they are dragging their feet. It's been almost a week and they still haven't talked to the people who hit me :/. An being **** about my car I can't stand driving it banged up , LOL .. I just want it fixed.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:04 AM
Bocian
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
I had a hit and run happen to me a few years back, sadly no one got the plate since it was in the middle of the night. Had to go through my own insurance. I also got t-boned at the end of last year, ended up going through my own insurance (state farm) instead of waiting for Geico. It's been almost 5 months, the fault was his and my insurance has been trying to get my deductible back, still waiting...
OP, this is a good opportunity to for a 2010+ conversion
Either way, hope you get everything sorted out
And I'd get that case girl a gift card or something, good promotes more good
Old 04-27-2016, 09:16 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Thanx Bocain, Are you kidding me 5 months, So your still waiting to get your deductible back, that's craziness.

Yea I got her address a few days ago and will be sending her a gift card from a local restaurant for her and her boyfriend

2010+ conversion, Would be nice but don't think they be enough cash for it.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:37 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

So spoke the INS today they accept fault,The rep was actually very nice .

But now I need a place to fix it. Both places a thought about are not talking cars till may 9th:/
Old 05-03-2016, 07:12 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

So update car is going to Imperial auto llc in Wilmington MA tomorrow. They wil lbe starting the repairs on Thursday, Hopefully I get it back before the 13th,( have a wedding to go to) and don't want to be in a rental :/. Anyone know this place here? YELP was really good
Old 05-03-2016, 08:16 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
I was involved in a hit-and-run that totaled my 1998 Toyota Corolla (my first ever NEW car).

Some Angels nearby got the tag as it sped off. I am thankful.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 08:43 AM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Good luck with the repairs
what was the $$ estimate?
Old 05-03-2016, 10:01 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I don't have a estimate yet :/. They still haven't looked at the car. I was supposed to drive to a drive in appraisal on Friday but got swapped at work, so asked about a local shop that is preferred by them and came up with Imperial
Old 05-03-2016, 12:52 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
I had to pay the deductible $500 because the woman who hit me didn't have insurance (she stopped paying a month before the accident so the insurance company terminated her) I took her to a small claims court which she failed to show so I won. It only took the city about 4-5 months to collect the money and tell me to get the check. She also lied to the cop and gave them the non valid insurance card and her drivers license which had the wrong address so trying to summon her to court was a pain in the a$$. I called the local PD who assigned a detective to the case and managed to track her down so I can summon her. They were extremely helpful and quick! while he was there they issued her another citation for not having insurance LOL
Old 05-03-2016, 02:19 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Damn that's what happens when you drive uninsured! Sounds like she got a good screwing lolol
Old 05-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
I had to pay the deductible $500 because the woman who hit me didn't have insurance (she stopped paying a month before the accident so the insurance company terminated her) I took her to a small claims court which she failed to show so I won. It only took the city about 4-5 months to collect the money and tell me to get the check. She also lied to the cop and gave them the non valid insurance card and her drivers license which had the wrong address so trying to summon her to court was a pain in the a$$. I called the local PD who assigned a detective to the case and managed to track her down so I can summon her. They were extremely helpful and quick! while he was there they issued her another citation for not having insurance LOL
Same thing happened to me I actually got in a big wreck and flipped with my Pontiac and the driver was drunk and uninsured but at the time she presented expired insurance come to find out she was uninsured like two days after the accident when Geico calls me so since she was drunk they asked me if I wanted to press charges so i went after restitution and she's paying me 100 a month and owes kbb value for my car.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:20 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
My landlord is still waiting on insurance info and the police report. They said as long as the driver had insurance they are going to let their insurance repair/replace the porch. If he didn't have insurance then they have a contractor they will put on it. If the contractor is busy my one uncle does stuff like this and I will see if he is available.

I hope it's taken care of soon. Mowing around the extraneous supports they have supporting the roof and using the back door are getting old fast.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:35 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Talk about no INS, I got hit 3 years ago in my G37X coupe by a guy making an illegal uturn( on my street 3 houses away) on my way to work with the wife, guy had no license, NO INS, and didn't speak English well. Police made NO report they pretty much did nothing but harass me about my cars drop and tints( Legal BTW) I had to pay my dec $1000 to get the car fixed, whole thing was a FN nightmare as the first place I went to gave me back the car with the passenger fender BROWN!! Color was obsidian black :/
Old 05-03-2016, 06:28 PM
stealthee
Registered Member

Received 200 Likes on 155 Posts
And stuff like that, boys and girls, is why I carry only a $250 deductible. The "savings" of a higher deductible just isn't worth it.

Quick Reply: Are you kidding me