Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 07:33 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Ditto. Very creative work, Hexotic. But I suspect it's entirely pointless. On the upside, you're super familiar now with dropping the front bumper, so when the time comes to upgrade your intake, you got this.

So when does the intake manifold get installed?
Well, the bumper was already down for paint, and cutting two pieces of sheet metal isnt really a hassle. If it helps drop temps by 1 degree, cool, if not, whatever lol.

As for the manifold, I'm waiting for a 90 degree -AN fitting for the catch can, and a few Tees for all the hoses. Spark plugs came in today as well, so thats also going in. I figure if I have easy access to them, why not. As soon as the manifold is in, Im booking my tune. Aiming for early August or end of July.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Well, the bumper was already down for paint, and cutting two pieces of sheet metal isnt really a hassle. If it helps drop temps by 1 degree, cool, if not, whatever lol.
Oh hey, I completely understand. And in full disclosure, I would probably do the same thing.

...I just wouldn't tell anybody about it.

Last edited by Rochester; 07-11-2018 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:35 AM
James A

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Installing these tomorrow. Excited

Old 07-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Flushed the coolant and replaced hoses/clamps this weekend and changed the oil.

I switched back to Redline for the oil change after finishing off the rest of the royal purple I had in the garage on the last few oil changes....man, I hate to start another "which oil is best" discussion, but after driving for the past two days, the difference in how much more quiet the engine is with the Redline really is significant especially with me now pushing 164k miles (264k kms), at idle the engine sounds like its not even turned on
The following users liked this post:
r2dmax (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 10:36 AM
VibrantSedan13
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Picked up some goodies yesterday.

Carsmo *****, gently used but included fancy box
R2C Intake
SPC Front And Rear Camber Arms
Old 07-12-2018, 10:16 AM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Fun news! My G didn't start Monday morning and what I thought was the battery ended up being the starter and I had to get that replaced. Now to chase down my mystery rattle.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:14 AM
BeeW
Registered Member

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
I did the first oil change after driving 3.5k in 1 month of ownership, it sits at 49k now.
I switched from conventional to Mobile 1 synthetic. Everything runs much more smoothly now, maybe its placebo.

This G has only seen dealer work until now. So I found out the hard way that my splash guard was stolen by one... And learned a lesson about how poorly the AWD Sedans filter is placed.

While I waited for it to drain I also inspected for paint chips in preparation for compounding and a full detail before winter.
Found quite a few in odd places...
1. The corners of the trunk, not by the lights (like the TSB specifies) but at the bend, were starting to rust. I extended the bumpstops till the trunk can just barely close without slamming it. Hopefully this prevents it in the future.
2. Chips all up the right side of the drivers door seam. No clue how those would have got there. Look like a pain to fix.
3. Big ole chip on the drivers front qt. panel. This will be a tough one to blend, but Dr. Colorchip should work fine.
4. Four inch scratch on the bumper (this was obvious).
5. various rock chips on the hood.
6. Windshield chip, looks alot bigger from the inside.

I also extracted the bolt I broke that held the rear splashguard. Replaced it with a fresh one.
While there I noticed theres a rusted hole in one of my cats... Hopefully it lasts, those are expensive.

Since Im in the NE, I'd like to prepare for the upcoming saltpocolypse. Any fellow rust monkeys want to chime in on prep and care?

Old 07-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Stiglitz41

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Installed Motordyne xyz pipe

Installed the motordyne xyz (y) pipe with resonator in hopes it would eliminate the little bit of rasp I get after installing hfcs. The end result? Absolutely 0% rasp. Wish my setup was just a tad louder but it is a little deeper than stock and obviously I get some. Performance improvement with the higher flow of the hfcs and the y pipe. I'm happy
Old 07-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by BeeW
This G has only seen dealer work until now. So I found out the hard way that my splash guard was stolen by one...
that sucks but on the bright side, it s an opportunity to get an aluminum aftermarket replacement, the plastic OEM ones tend to sag anyways, which is especially problematic on the AWD b/c its lower in that area than the RWD models...
Old 07-13-2018, 11:52 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

@Rochester btw John, your fav 3.7 badges are finally gone

And so is the black dip on the chrome trim. Over time, it got worn out and discoloured with cleaning products. Going to do viny at some point.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I wonder what a matching blue line would look down the center of one of those 6-spokes? Matching your calipers, maybe a 1/2" strip of vinyl. Or even more subtle against the finish of those wheels, a strip of the same in gloss black, like the car?

You could even eyeball the idea with some tape, or easily photoshop it.

Hmm. I bet you could find someone to cut you the vinyl for the word HEXOTIC in gloss black, down the length of one spoke on one wheel, I'm thinking driver's rear. Odds are, you'd be the only one to ever notice it, which is totally fine and kind of the point.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:21 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

I wonder what a matching blue line would look down the center of one of those 6-spokes? Matching your calipers, maybe a 1/2" strip of vinyl. Or even more subtle against the finish of those wheels, a strip of the same in gloss black, like the car?

You could even eyeball the idea with some tape, or easily photoshop it.
It looks very ugly and ricey lol.
They originally had the vinyl stickers.

(I find it funny that I have like 4k of camera equipment in the car for work, and I refuse to use it, instead opting for a broken camera on my phone hahaha)

Old 07-13-2018, 12:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Those stickers are too wide. Either way, you're right they look horrible.

This conversation feels like deja vu.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:26 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Those stickers are too wide. Either way, you're right they look horrible.

This conversation feels like deja vu.
Yup, we've had it before lol. Either way, Im not too worried about how these wheels look. Im just keeping them for now while I set some money aside and find something I like for the future.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:00 PM
sergey63780
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Big things are coming

imma post whenever I’ll be al done

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?