Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 04:46 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
With those back-up lenses in your hands, could you compare them to the backup lenses already on your car?

I ask, because there was a bit of a debate about this two years ago, and my lying eyes had me convinced the backup lenses had a different shade of red to them. As time has passed, I'm starting to wonder if it was all an illusion, with impressions affected by the amber in the JDM lens.
I've actually just put them away, awaiting a warmer day for installation. But I can tell you that they are definitely darker just by looking at them.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Calidoso
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Berks HFCs, 19' OEM Black Chrome Convertible wheels, and Hankook tires all on order!
Going to be a great time next week!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Calidoso
Berks HFCs, 19' OEM Black Chrome Convertible wheels, and Hankook tires all on order!
Going to be a great time next week!
Nice! That's going to be a dramatic change. Did you go w/ a square set of wheels? Should be nice & flush w/ those vert offsets.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:28 PM
Calidoso
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice! That's going to be a dramatic change. Did you go w/ a square set of wheels? Should be nice & flush w/ those vert offsets.
Yes i went with the squared setup, 19x9 +30.

When I originally met up with fellow member Zahy Matar to get help installing my sways, I absolutely fell in love with his wheels. His recent accident was very unfortunate because his G had so much work and money put into it but of course he's lucky to be alive which is the most important thing.

Anyway, with his blessing I get to enjoy these bad boys now!
Old 03-13-2017, 11:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Well it sounds like they will be going to a nice home, they are a very nice set (as is the rest Of Z's Infiniti parts)
Old 03-14-2017, 02:52 AM
Melophile

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I've always joked with myself looking for an excuse to get the sport bumper. "Oh, I scraped by bumper? I hope I can get it to crack so I can get the sport bumper"

Not as I planned, but I guess this is it.

Was driving home from work at 2AM a few nights ago down a back road with no street lights. I was a little too heavy on the gas (at least 80mph) and a stray cat was nonchalantly straddling across the road. I swerved to dodge the cat, but I lost traction and my rear-end kicked out. I tried to correct myself, but being the inexperienced driver that I am, I overcorrected, which swung my rear-end the other way and pointed me straight towards a guard rail. I didn't want to hit the guard rail, so what did I do? I overcorrected myself again and ended up sending myself into a spiral. Did at least two 360s before being stopped (thank God) by a ledge. Almost ended up in a tiny pond-type thing. Very little damage for that rollercoaster of a ride that I went through. In the middle of spinning out, I kinda expected to have some serious damage. I thought my new intake was destroyed. Thought my radiator was screwed. Thought there was going to be some sort of damage to the frame. I was freaking out. I hit that ledge probably at a good 20-30mph. Fortunately, it turns out it was just the lower portion of the bumper. Not even my fog lights were affected.

Already got my order for the sport bumper placed. Should be coming in within the next couple of weeks. I originally wanted to get it overnighted, but orderinifnitiparts.com only ships oversized components (bumper) via motor freight, so I gotta wait a bit.

What did you do to your Sedan today?-t8oo8sr.jpg

Last edited by Melophile; 03-14-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:43 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Glad your plan for a new bumper worked out Pretty lucky I'd say, but not as lucky as that cat
Old 03-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Shoulda just hit the cat.... would have got you a bumper if you wanted one that badly
Old 03-14-2017, 09:36 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
wow you got suuupeer lucky.

but yea this why they say never swerve if your gonna hit a deer / some animal on the road because you can end up wrapped around a pole or tree.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:43 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
At least when you hit an animal you have proof that you didn't just drive off the road...
Old 03-14-2017, 12:52 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by Nico-derm
At least when you hit an animal you have proof that you didn't just drive off the road...
Yeah, not sure how it is in the US, but here, 9/10 times, if you admit to your insurance company that you did anything to avoid the accident (like swerve out of the way of an oncoming truck) and the car still sustained damage, they can make it your fault. Had a friend who hide a concrete divider avoiding an old lady on the highway who decided to slam her brakes for no apparent reason. He tried to steer his way out of it not to hit her. He had dashcam footage of what happened, and the insurance company said he was at fault because he tried to correct the situation and failed.

If a moose runs out in front of your car, dont try to avoid it, hit it, only then will they cover your ****. But if you hit a tree avoiding the moose, they'll make you pay for your own repairs.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:08 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Yeah, not sure how it is in the US, but here, 9/10 times, if you admit to your insurance company that you did anything to avoid the accident (like swerve out of the way of an oncoming truck) and the car still sustained damage, they can make it your fault. Had a friend who hide a concrete divider avoiding an old lady on the highway who decided to slam her brakes for no apparent reason. He tried to steer his way out of it not to hit her. He had dashcam footage of what happened, and the insurance company said he was at fault because he tried to correct the situation and failed.

If a moose runs out in front of your car, dont try to avoid it, hit it, only then will they cover your ****. But if you hit a tree avoiding the moose, they'll make you pay for your own repairs.
yep that's what ive always heard. Luckily i've never been in such a situation myself...
Old 03-14-2017, 06:11 PM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Got some new fog bulbs. Didn't want to spend a ton of money on LED's and like the yellow fog look. Hope these last a while, the reviews seem mixed depending on make/model they are on.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:20 PM
Calidoso
Registered Member

They have arrived. 3 day shipping from Cartpartscorner! Hopefully these will be on this weekend!

Old 03-14-2017, 07:42 PM
staskz
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by QuinnDEskimo
Got some new fog bulbs. Didn't want to spend a ton of money on LED's and like the yellow fog look. Hope these last a while, the reviews seem mixed depending on make/model they are on.
I've been using them on multiple cars and my g. I just had one burn out after more than a year, they definitely got the yellow color though.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?