Track Day! The "Sport" Rear Sway is a MUST for X/XS Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 09:58 AM
joebrez

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Track Day! The "Sport" Rear Sway is a MUST for X/XS Owners

Let me just say… WHAT A Weekend!
I was at Road America for some track time. It was the first time since I switched to the Sport RSB. Man, what a difference!!! A MUST DO for X/XS owners. It should have come this way from the factory. Once the tires got hot, the car was extremely balanced and felt way more at home on the track vs. last time. I noticed the improvement on the street, but it was nothing compared to the track!

Absolute no brainer!!! Worth every penny.

One of my favorite parts was holding off an 335i. Every time coming out of Turn 14,he set up to pass, but the monster hill going into the front straight is a beast. If your gearing/power isn’t right, you could actually lose speed at full throttle. Anyway, lap after lap, he keep seeing taillights. J. Coming out of turn 14, the motor was spinning at a perfect 5500 (est) RPM perfect for keeping him in my review mirror!

Now I just need C/O’s to drop her down a bit more.
Attached Thumbnails Track Day!  The "Sport" Rear Sway is a MUST for X/XS Owners-img_5681.jpg  

Last edited by joebrez; 09-21-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:10 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
I had a similar experience when I installed the RWD rear sway bar on my X coupe, it was a huge improvement.

Brad has tested the RWD sport and non sport rear sway bars and determined there is a negligible, if any, difference between the two. The reason I mention this is because anyone who is interested just needs to get a rear sway bar from a RWD G37 coupe or sedan. That widens the shopping market significantly.

Also, more feedback is provided in this thread:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...r-upgrade.html
Old 09-21-2015, 10:25 AM
joebrez

Originally Posted by Ryne
I had a similar experience when I installed the RWD rear sway bar on my X coupe, it was a huge improvement.

Brad has tested the RWD sport and non sport rear sway bars and determined there is a negligible, if any, difference between the two. The reason I mention this is because anyone who is interested just needs to get a rear sway bar from a RWD G37 coupe or sedan. That widens the shopping market significantly.

Also, more feedback is provided in this thread:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...r-upgrade.html

Thanks for posting that. ANYTHING is better than the little piece of Spaghetti the factory installs.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryne
Brad has tested the RWD sport and non sport rear sway bars and determined there is a negligible, if any, difference between the two.
I was the guy who sold him those "sport" sways. Turned out the RWD Sedan has the same sways, regardless of Sport Package. Oops!

Anyway, OP... if you like what the OEM RWD rear-swaybar does to your car, (and clearly you do, LOL), then you really need to go all in with aftermarket swaybars. Doesn't matter which brand, IMO. They're all better than the OEM sways, RWD included.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:31 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
OP - sounds like a blast! props for actually using your car to its fullest.

are you on A/S tires, or summers? they kinda look like A/S which is why i ask. if so, getting yourself a set of hi-po summers (pilot super sports, for example) would also likely transform your track day experience...just a thought.

the combo of proper sways and good tires will quickly pay dividends on the track.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:40 AM
joebrez

Originally Posted by Rochester
I was the guy who sold him those "sport" sways. Turned out the RWD Sedan has the same sways, regardless of Sport Package. Oops!

Anyway, OP... if you like what the OEM RWD rear-swaybar does to your car, (and clearly you do, LOL), then you really need to go all in with aftermarket swaybars. Doesn't matter which brand, IMO. They're all better than the OEM sways, RWD included.
I considered this before I bought the Coupe's RSB. The roads in the Midwest are just awful, and have had issues with the ride with aftermarket sways on previous cars. It's still a daily for me, if track days become more regular, I may consider it.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:43 AM
joebrez

Originally Posted by canucklehead
OP - sounds like a blast! props for actually using your car to its fullest.

are you on A/S tires, or summers? they kinda look like A/S which is why i ask. if so, getting yourself a set of hi-po summers (pilot super sports, for example) would also likely transform your track day experience...just a thought.

the combo of proper sways and good tires will quickly pay dividends on the track.
Yes it was.

I'm on DWS's right now until they burn up. I picked up a set of dedicated rims/snow tires for winter this year, so now I can focus on some more stickier rubber. DWS's have always felt like a Touring Tire vs the High Performance A/S tire that they advertised as.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by joebrez
The roads in the Midwest are just awful, and have had issues with the ride with aftermarket sways on previous cars.
Experience always drives decisions like that, and while I can't speak to other cars, I can about the G. If there's any change in ride quality between OEM and aftermarket sways, I wasn't aware of it. These are sways, not springs or shocks.

The level of excitement in driving capability that you've got now simply by putting that OEM sway on the rear... that will be 2x when you eventually upgrade.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:51 AM
joebrez

Originally Posted by Rochester
Experience always drives decisions like that, and while I can't speak to other cars, I can about the G. If there's any change in ride quality between OEM and aftermarket sways, I wasn't aware of it. These are sways, not springs or shocks.

The level of excitement in driving capability that you've got now simply by putting that OEM sway on the rear... that will be 2x when you eventually upgrade.
In my experience, really stiff sways can affect the ride on uneven surfaces. Even the coupe's rear bar stiffened the rear up a bit. That being said, i haven't ruled it out. ;-)
Old 09-21-2015, 11:32 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
Looks like fun for sure. The baby seat in the back is a nice touch.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:02 AM
joebrez

Originally Posted by Epiphany
Looks like fun for sure. The baby seat in the back is a nice touch.
Lol, it's a Booster Seat, not a baby seat! ROFLMAO !!! Jk
Old 09-22-2015, 11:12 AM
m3clubracer
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts
Did you install Hotchkis?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:54 AM
joebrez

Originally Posted by m3clubracer
Did you install Hotchkis?
Nope. Never bought them. Only a Coupe RSB.