G37 Sedan

Serious issue here

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 10:53 PM
Twista

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Serious issue here

So I tried to do the oem nav swap by creating a custom wiring harness instead of splicing the non nav harness in the car. Everything was working fine until I hit the eject button for cd changer and got smoke coming from the button. My screen turned off and my dash shows 0 rpm on the tach when the car is on plus the Vdc brake light and ses light is on. Also the gas gauge reads empty. Checked all the fuses inside the car and by the battery. Checked the ipcm as well and all fuses are fine. One was bad which was for the radio. Replaced it and now my screen turns back on but none of the a/c controls work and basically can't control anything from the front panel. I have a spare one from the donor car and that one wouldn't work either. Swapped out the a/c box with no change. My car also constantly beeps now. Doesn't matter if I close the door or anything. The car starts up and I can drive it but these interior things do not work. Unplugged the battery so I can reset the ecu but was wondering if anybody could shed some light.
The following users liked this post:
JC-RH (08-30-2015)
Old 08-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Twista

Well I figured it out. Turns out one of the connectors from the radio fits in a/c slot which is stupid but whatever.

Is there anybody on here left that still has done the nav swap mod. I got the navigation to work but I gets no sound from the speakers and my back up camera flickers and barely shows anything. Could use some help
Old 08-30-2015, 11:58 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
All I can say is good luck, this one is above my pay grade
Old 08-30-2015, 12:16 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Might want to try in the electronics forum.

Audio, Video & Electronics - MyG37

Ask for a mod to move this thread. I think you'll have much better luck there.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Twista

Yea I feel the camera wires probably needed to be shielded better but the no sound thing Is bugging me. All those are wired correctly and I think that if one was messed up the rest should work. I get no sound period though which has me wondering if the amp is even turning on