Sponsored by:

Convertible Car Seat (baby)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 08:49 PM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I am currently using an el cheapo tiny eddie bauer from my GTI (the only one I could find that would come close to fitting) but my son hates it... I don't really like it either. He's 1.5yrs old. I purchased a Recaro Performance Ride. My wife has one in her mazda 3, it fits great and the little one LOVES it.

Problem is, in forward facing, there is no way it will install correctly because of the stupid fixated headrests in the back of the sedan.

I'm trying to find a car seat that will fit (rear-facing/forward-facing) most of the ones on the "snug-kids" list by infiniti are all discontinued. What do you guys use?
Old 07-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
I use a Recaro Proride (same as performance ride, which we have in my wife's car, just earlier model) in the center of the back seat with no issues. Use the seatbelt rather than the latch to secure it...you are supposed to move to the belt anyway at a certain weight.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:00 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
I have the recaro in mine with no problems either.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:00 PM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

I was reading in the manual that it didn't recommend the middle seat for setting up the car seat (I personally prefer it because it's safer) I also couldn't get the seat belt tight enough. Could you possibly send or post a pic of the install? I'd really prefer not to have to return it, I'm a big fan of the Recaro baby seats.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:01 PM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
I have the recaro in mine with no problems either.
Could you post a pic? I'll post a pic of the issue I have with mine. The stationary headrests keep the car seat from sitting flush on the backseat.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by nonlinearedits
I am currently using an el cheapo tiny eddie bauer from my GTI (the only one I could find that would come close to fitting) but my son hates it... I don't really like it either. He's 1.5yrs old. I purchased a Recaro Performance Ride. My wife has one in her mazda 3, it fits great and the little one LOVES it.

Problem is, in forward facing, there is no way it will install correctly because of the stupid fixated headrests in the back of the sedan.

I'm trying to find a car seat that will fit (rear-facing/forward-facing) most of the ones on the "snug-kids" list by infiniti are all discontinued. What do you guys use?
I have this: https://us.britax.com/car-seats/roundabout/

It fits great and I'm able to get it in really securely. Our first kid used it, now her sister is using it. I'm happy it lasted 2 kids
Old 07-28-2015, 09:07 PM
nonlinearedits
Registered Member

Here's the issue I'm having with the Recaro. In forward facing there's like a two inch gap between the car seat back and the actually back seat of the car. I was told by a car seat installer this is not safe at all

Sorry lol. the pictures didn't post first time around.

Convertible Car Seat (baby)-g8zqggl.jpg
Convertible Car Seat (baby)-trmzmaz.jpg
Convertible Car Seat (baby)-pycvefl.jpg

Last edited by nonlinearedits; 07-28-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Falker11
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by nonlinearedits
I was reading in the manual that it didn't recommend the middle seat for setting up the car seat (I personally prefer it because it's safer) I also couldn't get the seat belt tight enough. Could you possibly send or post a pic of the install? I'd really prefer not to have to return it, I'm a big fan of the Recaro baby seats.
I don't recall reading this...just did a quick scan of the online manual and don't notice this.

I was able to get the belt very tight. Have someone push the carseat tightly against the backseat as you pull the belt tight then fasten using the seatbelt clip on the carseat.

I agree with the issues you are facing when using either side seat, I noticed the same issue with the headrest and moved to the center.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:26 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

I don't see why a small gap would be an issue right under the headrest as the latches do all the work keeping the seat secure.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:25 AM
lobuzz311
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

I've got a Chicco Nextfit, which has been a great seat. Got my wife the newer Nextfit Zip for her suv, and I took the older style one for the G (it rarely gets used as a kiddie hauler).
I also have a Recaro ProRide, but that stupid seat NEVER wants to sit right. I'm massively disappointed with it. The base angle doesn't adjust nearly enough, so it doesn't sit flush with the seat bottom. I've tried it in about 6 or 7 different cars, and it worked poorly every time.

These are all rear-facing, BTW.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:27 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

No problems here.

Name:  IMG_3792_zpssynz5rhr.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  88.6 KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_3792_zpssynz5rhr.jpg (88.6 KB, 177 views)
Old 07-29-2015, 09:56 AM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Amazon.com : RECARO Performance BOOSTER High Back Booster Car Seat, Knight : Child Safety Booster Car Seats : Baby Amazon.com : RECARO Performance BOOSTER High Back Booster Car Seat, Knight : Child Safety Booster Car Seats : Baby
Old 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
I have been using recaro proride seats one foward facing and one rear facing without any major issues. Only nuisance would be the size of the seat makes getting the kids into them a little difficult at times. My daughter may or may not have complained about hitting her head on the ceiling before.

I have used my wife's Diono Radian RXTs in the sedan and they give more headroom for the kids than the recaro prorides.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:57 PM
Sweet Lew
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've used Evenflo for all my convertible and booster seats. Currently installed:

SecureKid? DLX Harnessed Booster

and an older version of this:

Triumph™ LX Convertible Car Seat

The base of the Triumph is small so it fits in the bucket section great!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:14 PM
shamby10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recaro ftw

Quick Reply: Convertible Car Seat (baby)