G37 Sedan

I hate dealership.. always kind/polite before you sign and then.. boom

Old 10-16-2014, 10:13 PM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I hate dealership.. always kind/polite before you sign and then.. boom

So I bought this g37x cpo car a week ago and I found some problems. However dealorship is not going to do anything about it when they already sold the car.

Carfax is clean. I didn't know when I bought the car because it was dark.. and next day or so I realized that trunk is uneven (when you close the trunk, its more to right side) and exhaust is slightly not even (I went to another dealorahop to check and they told me it looks like it hit something. However there is nothing wrong with the performance of the car; not going tp fix it for free)

What should I do? Or what can I do to fix this problem? Should I just pay my own money to fix it? Or maybe call national customer service? T.T

Can't believe this is happening when I thought the ppl talked at the dealorship were very kind/polite but then after I memtioned some problems after purchase they are total different people.

Sigh
Old 10-16-2014, 11:21 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Isn't there a 30 day money back guarantee where you can return it if you're not happy?
Old 10-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Both of those issues take very minimal effort to correct. Try taking it to a different dealership and asking nicely.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:23 AM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Both of those issues take very minimal effort to correct. Try taking it to a different dealership and asking nicely.

I did. and I was very polite. (I'm very polite in general IMO)

However the 2nd dealership said the same thing and told me to bring it to the dealership where I bought the car.

What should I do? I'm kind of person who can't say 'NO' easily.. so whenever they give me some excuses, I'm just like 'okay.. ' : (

Last edited by G37X GraSdadow; 10-17-2014 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:33 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by G37X GraSdadow
I did. and I was very polite. (I'm very polite in general IMO)

However the 2nd dealership said the same thing and told me to bring it to the dealership where I bought the car.

What should I do???
If your car is covered by factory warranty, you can take it to any Infiniti dealership for warranty coverage service. Ask to speak with the service manager if they aren't helping you. Explain your issues and ask if he can help you get your car back like it should be.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:51 AM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

Originally Posted by flipmode007
Isn't there a 30 day money back guarantee where you can return it if you're not happy?
Wow they do but 7 days.

And today is my 7th day.

WOw.

I would have done this already if I knew about this.

Wtf....

Is there anything I can do to change my vehicle ? or at least to get it fixed?? T_T
Old 10-17-2014, 12:52 AM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

If your car is covered by factory warranty, you can take it to any Infiniti dealership for warranty coverage service. Ask to speak with the service manager if they aren't helping you. Explain your issues and ask if he can help you get your car back like it should be.
I did, but the manager told me this:

"Your car is fine man. It's runs perfect. This isn't Mercedes s500. It won't be perfect as you think. We can fix it but we will charge you."

Old 10-17-2014, 01:18 AM
G37X GraSdadow
Registered Member

So this is what I wrote to infinitiusa.com - contact us

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello.
I have purchased a CPO 2011 G37x at Infiniti of Clarendon Hills (Clarendon Hills, Illinois)

I was very happy with my purchase at first. But this happened.

Next day or two, I have noticed something that is not right.
1) Trunk is not even (When I close the trunk, it is not centered; more to right side)
2) Exhaust is crooked; it’s not even (it needs replacement/alignment)

It started bother me because it was noticeable for me everytime I look at the back of my car. So I went back to the dealership where I bought my car.

I have talked to the general manager and this is what he told me;
"Your car is fine man. It runs perfect. This car is not like Mercedes S-series. It can't be perfect. This is more of cosmetic. We can fix it for you but we will have to charge you"
This is about 4 days after I bought the car.

Next day, I decided to go to other dealership and asked them if they could fix it for me. (I explained my situation that I bought the car less than a week ago) However the service guy there told me that I should have to go back to the dealership where I bought the car to fix it or he will have to charge me. However when they inspected it, they found that something forced (more like previous owner hit something hard enough to bent it) to bend both the exhaust and the trunk)

SO I went back to the dealership again; and they told me the same thing. Even the salesman told me that there is nothing they can do because it doesn't affect the performance.

How can this be CPO? And how come I can fix this problem even with original warranty + CPO warranty + Elite Wrap extended Warranty?

I have contacted people in forum (myg37.com) to get some help and they told me this issue should be very easy to take care of.

The dealership NEVER mentioned me about their 7-days buy back neither. If I knew about this policy, I would have changed the car to another because this is frustrating me a lot. I just realized this today which is 7 days later. I'm not even sure if I can bring it back to the dealership.

Other CPO cars in the lots do not have same problems. However I didn't noticed this problems at first because it was nighttime (I took it out from the dealership at their closing time)

Please help me to resolve this situation. I will also contact Carfax to see what I can do since the CPO (Carfax clean) car has damage which damaged the exhaust system.

Thank you and have a great day.
------------------------------------------------------
Hope this works.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:42 AM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
I really do wish you the best of luck because I highly doubt Infiniti will be much except help you align everything out of their "good will" by the dealership. Also Carfax probably can't do much either because no accident was reported thus clean (also useless). I'm surprised the dealerships would **** you around like that. At the very least they should have put a little bit of effort in TRYING to get it fixed. Sounds like their service department is worthless.

Please keep us posted on the results.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:05 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Carfax isn't going to be able to do anything to help you. If the previous owner backed into something and paid out of pocket to have it fixed it will more than likely not show up on their vehicle history. That isn't Carfax's fault. Carfax can only show you the history that has been reported to them, if the previous owner used a dealership or body shop that does not report to Carfax then it will not show.

You need to go back through your paper work from your purchase and literally go through it with a fine tooth comb. Maybe not literally...

But go back through and look to see if it says anything about a car qualifying if it was in an accident or had body work. Honestly I cannot imagine that a Infiniti dealership would CPO a car that showed signs of a previous accident or body work. Also try to find out as much as you can about the CPO process and try to get it in writing.

Also ask the Infiniti dealership service adviser/manager to print off the service records for your car. You might be able to see if the car was brought in for body work to a Infiniti dealership and might be able to use that against them, depending on what the fine print in the CPO paper work states.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:21 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Infiniti Consumer Affairs isn't likely to help you at all in my experience. If today is the 7th day and you have that long to change your mind, TAKE IT BACK. Throw them the keys and get your money back. I guarantee that they'll spend the hour or so that it takes to correct something so simple like this rather than lose the sale.

There are other used G37s. Tons of them. If they're going to be that way now on something small, imagine what complete a-holes they'll be when it's actually something bigger and more important. Don't spend your money with a business that doesn't give a crap about you.

The issues you have are something you can probably easily fix yourself. But why should you have to?
Old 10-17-2014, 07:53 AM
JT2014

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Both things can also be done by YOU with a few handtools & some patience. It's not hard to line up the trunk gap or adjust the exhaust with some zip ties to even it out.
If there was something mechanically wrong with the car that's different but I think you expect far too much with those 2 simple things.
The dealership NEVER mentioned me about their 7-days buy back neither.
I find that very hard to believe. When I bought any used car I was told many times over about such things or the lack of such things & there should be paperwork you signed stating that as well.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:37 AM
AMai1215

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. I hope you will be able to resolve this quickly. Also use this as a learning experience. Never make a large purchase at night. I wouldn't even buy a bicycle in the dark.
The following 3 users liked this post by AMai1215:
Black Betty (10-17-2014), dkmura (10-18-2014), telcoman (10-18-2014)
Old 10-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Global Reach

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Infiniti Consumer Affairs isn't likely to help you at all in my experience. If today is the 7th day and you have that long to change your mind, TAKE IT BACK. Throw them the keys and get your money back. I guarantee that they'll spend the hour or so that it takes to correct something so simple like this rather than lose the sale.

There are other used G37s. Tons of them. If they're going to be that way now on something small, imagine what complete a-holes they'll be when it's actually something bigger and more important. Don't spend your money with a business that doesn't give a crap about you.

The issues you have are something you can probably easily fix yourself. But why should you have to?
^^^ This guy knows

I bought my 11 37x 3 weeks ago from an Infiniti dealer. Before I signed anything I really looked over the car to make sure nothing was wrong. I noticed all the wheels had wicked curb rash. I told the sales guy I'm not buying it with the wheels like this. They said no problem and said theyd take care of it. Also threw in 2 more free oil changes. All said and done I took the car in on a Tuesday, gave me a free loaner, and had the car back that night and the wheels look brand new.

These guys will try to do anything to get sale.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:16 AM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Post a picture if you can.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I hate dealership.. always kind/polite before you sign and then.. boom