Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Driver's Side Power Door Lock

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 10:15 AM
dougl33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Driver's Side Power Door Lock

I've got an issue that recently popped up on my 2009 G37x sedan. I bought it brand new and I've now got 65K miles on it.

About 2 weeks ago, the driver's side power door lock button on the door started not working intermittently. Now it's stopped working altogether. The fob won't unlock or lock the driver's side door and the power door lock button on the door won't lock or unlock the door. I have to use the key to unlock it and I have to push the lock on the door.

FYI:

I used the search function, but I couldn't really find anything that fit my issue.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Doug L.

Last edited by dougl33; 10-07-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:36 AM
dougl33

No ideas?

Damn. Nothing like trail blazing a new issue!
Old 10-08-2014, 12:14 PM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
It smells of lock actuator inside the drivers door. Does the remote lock/unlock the other doors? When you use the passenger side door panel switch, does it work all doors but the driver?

The following users liked this post:
dougl33 (10-08-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 01:43 PM
dougl33

Originally Posted by GAWD
Does the remote lock/unlock the other doors? When you use the passenger side door panel switch, does it work all doors but the driver?
Yes. The remote unlocks the other doors.

Yes. The passenger side door power lock panel switch works on all doors but the drivers side.

Any idea what the actuator costs?
Old 10-08-2014, 02:08 PM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
It appears the part number is 82501JK00A for the drivers side, and this should fit all 07+ G's -- sedan, coupe, and convertible. (whereas 82500JK00A is passenger side)

Shows to be about $200 - $250 dealer price, who'd I'd recommend double checking the part number with. From G35 forums, this seems to be a common issue for some, and they've found ways to adapt universal plungers for cheap if thats a route you want to consider.
dougl33 (10-08-2014)
Old 10-08-2014, 02:48 PM
dougl33

Thanks. Most likely, I'll go the dealer route. Thanks for posting the video. At least I know they shouldn't charge me for more than a half hours worth of labor.

Regards,

Doug L.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:59 PM
gman69
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
My driver door just starting doing the same thing... I replaced the driver's door actuator on my daughter's 2010 Nissan Altima coupe that she used to own a few years ago. Nissan's are known for their CRAP door actuators and the proof is all over Nissan forums. I'm pretty sure Infiniti use's the same ones. It first started yesterday I tried to unlock the door from my fob and the driver's door wouldn't unlock while all the other doors worked just fine. Once I got in to drive, all the doors except the driver's door locked by themselves after reaching a certain miles per hour. I called two different Infiniti dealership's to see if the door actuators were covered under the factory warranty. One service rep told me that it's only covered within 3 years or 36,000 miles so just for the hell of it I called another dealer. The guy I talked to told me it's covered within 4 years or 60,000 miles. Guess where I'll be taking my car? My car has 51,000 miles on it now and the door locks work fine. I have 9,000 miles to go. I hope it stops working before my time is up.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:09 AM
bshanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaky Power lock

My Driver side lock started acting flaky last couple of weeks. The button lock, the interior lock and the auto lock doesnt work on the Driver side "at times". I had a similar issue with the rear left door. But it fixed it self after 2-3 weeks. Now that is broken again. The passenger side and the Rear left door seems to work fine. I want to inspect the fuse (if there is a separate fuse for the door lock) but cannot find a proper diagram. Still hunting for it.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:52 PM
NoPainNoglory

Now I’m Plagued With This On My ‘08 G37s Coupe

Bumping this thread...anyone got any newer experience with this problem? My ‘08 S Coupe’s left/driver door lock has failed - first intermittently but now completely. I can only lock/unlock it with the manual key now. The repair looks a little more fussy than I’m willing to dig in to, but hate to get reamed by dealer as well. Anyone know if a previous comment about 30 mins. labor being correct? Was that from a shop manual?

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2018, 12:36 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by NoPainNoglory
Bumping this thread...anyone got any newer experience with this problem? My ‘08 S Coupe’s left/driver door lock has failed - first intermittently but now completely. I can only lock/unlock it with the manual key now. The repair looks a little more fussy than I’m willing to dig in to, but hate to get reamed by dealer as well. Anyone know if a previous comment about 30 mins. labor being correct? Was that from a shop manual?

Thanks!
more than likely the door lock actuator has gone dead. you would need to pull the door panel off and see how involved the job is. some cars are a pain in the *** and some cars are super simple to replace the actuator. good luck.
NoPainNoglory (06-15-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 03:54 PM
the_wolff
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
I just had to replace 2 actuators at 90k miles. Fortunately I had an extended warranty, the Nissan dealership charged $1100.
NoPainNoglory (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 02:28 AM
NoPainNoglory

Thanks for the input on this old thread folks. My dealership has tried to ream me badly a couple times on price and on more extensive labor than needed for some basic things over last couple yrs. (over $300 for headlight bulb replacement since they have to ‘remove front of car to get to it’ 🤪..nope I didn’t fall for that).... so now I’m kinda irritated at them as I’m not financially independent! From the posted videos here and on YouTube it seems more involved than I have the time to dig into myself, so maybe I’ll look for a reliable mechanic outside dealership to do this for me. If anyone knows a reliable and affordable Infiniti mechanic in Charlotte, NC area please let me know. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2018, 04:04 PM
Michael_in_DE
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I had to do the door lock actuator on my F-150. $20 for the parts. I cannot believe it's so expensive for the infinitis! I'd be trying cheaper nissan parts. But I will say that when I was looking into my issues with the truck that some guys were poping open the actuator and fixing the part itself. Something to think about. I'd be hitting up a junk yard before I bought new.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:59 PM
g37Frost
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
My door acutator also failed (2012 Journey Sedan, 93K). Dealer said the only place they could find this part to order it was Infiniti. The price they quoted me was mid-600s, with labor. If you can find the part cheaper somewhere and are competent enough to do it yourself, I'd definitely recommend that.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:05 PM
jayny1

Infiniti door lock.

Originally Posted by NoPainNoglory
Thanks for the
input on this old thread folks. My dealership has tried to ream me badly a couple times on price and on more extensive labor than needed for some basic things over last couple yrs. (over $300 for headlight bulb replacement since they have to ‘remove front of car to get to it’ 🤪..nope I didn’t fall for that).... so now I’m kinda irritated at them as I’m not financially independent! From the posted videos here and on YouTube it seems more involved than I have the time to dig into myself, so maybe I’ll look for a reliable mechanic outside dealership to do this for me. If anyone knows a reliable and affordable Infiniti mechanic in Charlotte, NC area please let me know. Thanks!

Bringing up an old topic, but did you an affordable solution for this issue?I'm also in the charlotte area and my driver side lock is intermittently not locking. I'm looking to avoid the dealeesh3 if possible.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Driver's Side Power Door Lock