G37 Sedan

2011 G37x bumper conversion to G37 sport sedan bumper

Old 02-03-2014, 06:08 PM
clvnsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 G37x bumper conversion to G37 sport sedan bumper

Hello guys

I am a g37x sedan owner located in Ontario.
I am trying to convert my 2011 g37x sedan bumper into a g37 sport sedan bumper with the sport lip.
I am just wondering if I need to remove any cushioning (or any other OEM part) during this process?
Also, does anyone know if the (2011-2013) g37x sedan and the g37 sport sedans have the same headlights and fog lights? During the conversion would I need new lights?
Any feedback would be great, along with information on where I should be ordering my parts for the best value and fastest shipping time.

Thank you so much for your help,
Best regards,
Calvin

Last edited by clvnsu; 02-03-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:21 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 748 Likes on 356 Posts
Howdy Calvin, welcome to the forum.

First off, blah blah, use the search function, blah blah, please, blah blah helps out the forum.

Since I haven't seen this question asked in a while, I'll take some time and answer you as best I can, but in the future, there's probably a thread on this topic already.

Since you are doing a conversion to a sport bumper of the same model year, I don't think you'll need to get new headlights. They should be the same.

I'm not sure what you mean by "cushioning", so I'm just going to tell you probably not. I'm operating under the assumption that your 2011 bumper is added and removed much the same way my 2012 bumper is. There's a lot of push rivets, a lot of 10mm bolts, and two brackets to remove. The instructions are in the DIY section of the forum.

I don't know where you plan on sourcing out a new bumper, but I don't think the aftermarket bumpers come with the fog light assemblies. You can either choose to add them on yourself, again, there's instructions in the DIY section, or you can just leave the covers that it comes with.

Swapping bumpers is pretty easy, someone else will be along shortly to correct the mistakes I made and straighten you out.
The following users liked this post:
clvnsu (02-03-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 08:24 PM
clvnsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you! I will not make the same mistake again.

Yes, basically I just needed confirmation that I will not need to remove any OEM parts or get new "sport" headlights/foglights & to make sure that the process will leave me with an equally safe vehicle.

I will be ordering a g37s sport bumper and lip off my temporary shop, who will order off a nissan dealership, who will probably order off infiniti canada. If anyone knows a better place or method, please let me know. All help is greatly appreciated
Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
I have a used one with the sport lip I will sell you needs paint, its currently graphite shadow in color, but has some scratches above the grill that need some touch up.