Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 11:46 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Any tricks to getting to the passenger side fog light? I went in to swap my bulbs today, put the drivers side in, then when I went for the passenger side, there is the windshield wiper fluid reservoir right in front of the bulb. Am I going to have to take my bumper off?
Old 12-25-2015, 12:27 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
Any tricks to getting to the passenger side fog light? I went in to swap my bulbs today, put the drivers side in, then when I went for the passenger side, there is the windshield wiper fluid reservoir right in front of the bulb. Am I going to have to take my bumper off?

No, It just takes some wiggling. When I had HID bulbs, I went from underneath the bumper, not the side from the wheel well. And, I've got large hands.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:11 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by hexotic
You gotta squeeze your hand in between there. When I installed my morimoto XB fogs, I had to use a 1/4 drive socket and a lot of patience.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:44 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Thanks!!

No, I didn't do it myself haha I wish.

Here's a better before and after picture
Looks great, Mike. Welcome to the custom steering wheel club! Your really gonna love those reshaped side grips at 10-o'clock and 2-o'clock. My wife says my steering wheel is the single best modification I've done to the car yet.

Name:  IMG_4026_zpsn9pshvz6.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  184.5 KB

The following users liked this post:
Mik3G37S (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Looks great, Mike. Welcome to the custom steering wheel club! Your really gonna love those reshaped side grips at 10-o'clock and 2-o'clock. My wife says my steering wheel is the single best modification I've done to the car yet.

Thank you Adrian ! oh I know, believe me, that's why I specifically asked the guy to shape them that way as that's something I wanted from the beginning.

Is that weird that even though I only had the steering wheel for a day after I installed it and I said the same thing as your wife? Feels like the single best mod I did to the car, can't wait to pick up my sedan from the dealership tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, while I'm driving this boring Q50a...

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 12-28-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:38 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Took my car into the dealership today to get a rattling noise checked out. Initially thought it was the heat shield but turns out my driver's side catalyic converter needs to be replaced. Luckily, they're doing this under warranty.

I also noticed this while I was at the dealer...

Old 12-28-2015, 09:59 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Took my car into the dealership today to get a rattling noise checked out. Initially thought it was the heat shield but turns out my driver's side catalyic converter needs to be replaced. Luckily, they're doing this under warranty.

I also noticed this while I was at the dealer...

Ray Catena in Edison? screw these guys one time their service advisor tried to blame my brakes locking up on my aftermarket exhaust when the brake switch came out of the adjustment, I was furious that day, and since then never went to that dealership for service again. Circle infiniti of West Long branch FTW !
Old 12-29-2015, 08:36 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,589 Likes on 3,434 Posts
"IMO it gives the interior a nice sinister look."

How embarrassing. Did they lift that line directly from the forum, or did a 6-year old write that promo?
Old 12-29-2015, 10:41 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
"IMO it gives the interior a nice sinister look."

How embarrassing. Did they lift that line directly from the forum, or did a 6-year old write that promo?
Those were my exact thoughts. I should've asked how much they charge for install too.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:59 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Those were my exact thoughts. I should've asked how much they charge for install too.
I can't imagine more than one-hour labor charge.

You know, I bought my car four years ago from Ray Catena Infiniti. It seemed at the time like a very upscale operation, so I'm somewhat surprised by this amateur promotion.

Took my car into the dealership today to get a rattling noise checked out. Initially thought it was the heat shield but turns out my driver's side catalyic converter needs to be replaced.
It was still probably just the heat shield, but they went full-Monty because it qualified as warranty work and the heat-shield isn't available as a separate part. (Just a guess.)
Old 12-29-2015, 12:04 PM
LousURmind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This sux so I have a 2013 g37x sedan 7 speed auto and I ran over something the other day that broke my stock y pipe to my cat .. the cats are fine . So I was wondering I I can just buy a after market y pipe to replace it .. I was looking at the megan y to put on will it bolt right up ... any insight would be great ...
Old 12-29-2015, 12:18 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

I can't imagine more than one-hour labor charge.

You know, I bought my car four years ago from Ray Catena Infiniti. It seemed at the time like a very upscale operation, so I'm somewhat surprised by this amateur promotion.

It was still probably just the heat shield, but they went full-Monty because it qualified as warranty work and the heat-shield isn't available as a separate part. (Just a guess.)
They originally offered to remove or clamp down the heat shield. I got a call today saying the cat for my car came in but they can't schedule a service until the week of Jan 4th. I'll be in NC by then. I called Crossroads Infiniti over in Raleigh and scheduled the service/loaner with them instead.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

They originally offered to remove or clamp down the heat shield.
Pretty sure I would have taken them up on the removal offer. In and out without any fuss or worries that they don't introduce an exhaust leak, damage a gasket or an O2 sensor. Over the years, I've had a number of tin-can heat shields rot away on various cars, most recently on my wife's Honda. Nothing a pair of tin-snips and some elbow grease can't fix.

But I understand the allure of new "free" parts, even if your car is only 3 to 4 years old.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by LousURmind
This sux so I have a 2013 g37x sedan 7 speed auto and I ran over something the other day that broke my stock y pipe to my cat .. the cats are fine . So I was wondering I I can just buy a after market y pipe to replace it .. I was looking at the megan y to put on will it bolt right up ... any insight would be great ...
Yes it will fit ok, the piping diameter is bigger going into the rear mid pipes so there may be a bit more noise generated from that mismatch. Would be best if you plan on an aftermarket exhaust down the road. There's also a good chance you could find an OEM Ypipe in our classifieds if you post a WTB (want to buy) thread over there. Oh, and welcome to the site, I believe you have to have 5 posts and wait a couple days to post classifieds though, maybe just a search over there will find you one??
https://www.myg37.com/forums/private-classifieds-329/

Edit~here's one
https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...nd-y-pipe.html

Last edited by blnewt; 12-29-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:43 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Pretty sure I would have taken them up on the removal offer. In and out without any fuss or worries that they don't introduce an exhaust leak, damage a gasket or an O2 sensor. Over the years, I've had a number of tin-can heat shields rot away on various cars, most recently on my wife's Honda. Nothing a pair of tin-snips and some elbow grease can't fix.

But I understand the allure of new "free" parts, even if your car is only 3 to 4 years old.
Well that was the original plan,but they got the car up on a lift and said the noise was from inside the cat and told me I'd have to come back.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread