Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 07:42 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
And well this just happened... Lettering will be going on tomorrow or over the weekend. How exciting

Last edited by connoisseurr; 05-14-2014 at 08:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by connoisseurr:
Lego_Maniac (05-14-2014), ZOSTER33 (05-14-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 08:12 PM
Choman
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Those look great. Did you do that yourself?
Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,589 Likes on 3,434 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
And well this just happened... Lettering will be going on tomorrow or over the weekend. How exciting

Ni-i-i-i-ice. I'm officially jealous.

You're turning your car into a Sport Model one piece at a time. Well done.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:52 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice stoppers Conner, very upscale G you're putting together, look forward to more!
Old 05-14-2014, 08:53 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Done by me, yes. First time playing with a candy coat - let me tell you..... don't try. It was pretty difficult. I should have filled some of the pits in the medal. Oh well.

They're brake calipers and they're going to get beat up, but at least the powder will hold up better than paint.

Like I said John, going for OEM+. That way the dealership can throw a fit
Old 05-14-2014, 09:07 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
Hey Chris, did you get your calipers installed yet?
Yeah I want to know, too! Those things are gonna look COOOOOOOOL
Not yet, I was going to do it last weekend and then got a tuition bill so I decided to hold off. Now I'm wondering if I should just do springs at the same time which will delay things further. We'll see.

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
It wasn't tone I was talking about, rather loudness in cabin. I want my exhaust to make noise at low speeds but I don't want it obnoxious either. One thing that worries me about the FI is that it does not retain the VQ sound. You've heard them in person, does it?
This I am not too sure of. I have yet to hear a FI unresonated system so there isn't any basis to go off of. Now I will say, the size of the resonators will provide a good amount of noise cancellation so there will definitely be a noticeable difference. An even bigger difference will be noticed if one were to use FI RHFCs + unres'd FI CBE.
I don't think that the 12s are bad. I can try to hook up the GoPro and get some vids. I'm in Mexico City right now though so the weeknd would be the earliest I could do it.

Just my .02 but I would definitely suggest doing the cats as well. That single mod made the most difference to my car. Sways are a close second. I feel like I get a good bit of cabin noise so I would be reluctant to go with a nonresonated c pipe. That's just me though. Some said my car sounded louder than Connor's, I don't know for sure I just know the caravan to Scranton sounded awfully good to me.

Connor, I forgot to quote but nice job on those calipers man! Not the color I was expecting but it looks really good. You going SS lines?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Done by me, yes. First time playing with a candy coat - let me tell you..... don't try. It was pretty difficult. I should have filled some of the pits in the medal. Oh well.

They're brake calipers and they're going to get beat up, but at least the powder will hold up better than paint.

Like I said John, going for OEM+. That way the dealership can throw a fit
Any tips that you learned while doing this project? (other than not doing it lol) I'm probably going to buy a used pair and powder coat them myself too.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:23 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by RexHavoc

I don't think that the 12s are bad. I can try to hook up the GoPro and get some vids. I'm in Mexico City right now though so the weeknd would be the earliest I could do it.

Just my .02 but I would definitely suggest doing the cats as well. That single mod made the most difference to my car. Sways are a close second. I feel like I get a good bit of cabin noise so I would be reluctant to go with a nonresonated c pipe. That's just me though. Some said my car sounded louder than Connor's, I don't know for sure I just know the caravan to Scranton sounded awfully good to me.

Connor, I forgot to quote but nice job on those calipers man! Not the color I was expecting but it looks really good. You going SS lines?
You're exhaust is definitely louder than mine and I don't know why. I'm thinking I need to make some piping adjustments. Also I think I need to clean my MAFs and while I'm doing that, I'll go back and check my throttle bodies. The caliper color definitely turned out different than expected. More of a colorburst, too. I think it's gonna look great up against the platinum graphite. I will be running SS lines - I just don't know what to purchase yet... I have my rotors. I just need lines and pads. And I also decided to get new banjo bolts just for the hell of it.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:28 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Looks great! I will definitely be curious to see how the orange will look against the powder coated rims.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:28 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Motoboat
Any tips that you learned while doing this project? (other than not doing it lol) I'm probably going to buy a used pair and powder coat them myself too.
How are you going to powder coat them yourself? Do you have a shop to use?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Finally finished vinyl wrapping the chrome window trim after like 6 hours. Very happy with how it turned out
Old 05-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,589 Likes on 3,434 Posts
Connor... Black decal letters, silver or white? Infiniti or Akebono?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:57 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
You're exhaust is definitely louder than mine and I don't know why. I'm thinking I need to make some piping adjustments. Also I think I need to clean my MAFs and while I'm doing that, I'll go back and check my throttle bodies. The caliper color definitely turned out different than expected. More of a colorburst, too. I think it's gonna look great up against the platinum graphite. I will be running SS lines - I just don't know what to purchase yet... I have my rotors. I just need lines and pads. And I also decided to get new banjo bolts just for the hell of it.
The only thing I can think of that's different on our cars is the intakes but I can't see that making a difference in the exhaust tone? I didn't clean my MAFs but I probably should. The caliper color looks great man, very nicely done!

I got my stuff from KNS, I'll probably be calling him again soon for new hardware kits.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:00 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by '11G37S
Looks great! I will definitely be curious to see how the orange will look against the powder coated rims.
I held one up and the contrast is going to be very interesting (in a good way). Can't wait to get them on.

Originally Posted by Rochester
Connor... Black decal letters, silver or white? Infiniti or Akebono?
I had a bunch of stickers, decals and other thing to test with on a test sample I did and instantly ruled out white and silver. The debate was between black and red. Black won by a hair just because I think it looked a bit more uniform.

Black Akebono decals will be going on.

Originally Posted by RexHavoc
The only thing I can think of that's different on our cars is the intakes but I can't see that making a difference in the exhaust tone? I didn't clean my MAFs but I probably should. The caliper color looks great man, very nicely done!

I got my stuff from KNS, I'll probably be calling him again soon for new hardware kits.
The intake wouldn't make that much of a noise difference, unless you're just getting hotter air and thats why yours is louder? Eek I dunno

I need to make some adjustments as I still have a rattle on the cross brace so I'll see if an adjustment changes the tone at all.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:19 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Chris, or anyone who has Oneightys Ironmans installed, I have a couple of questions about them.

How does the process work? Do you send your head lights to them or do you buy a set they have and then you can sell them your old ones back?

Can you order them without the housing blacked out? I'd prefer them to look stock, or maybe slightly smoked out.

For those that ordered them and didn't have Oneighty install them how was the install process?

How do the LEDs work with the light cluster?
Off -> all lights off
Auto -> LEDs on
Parking lights -> Parking lights and LEDs
On -> all lights on

I'm back and forth on whether I want to save up for a pair or not. If I decide to get them these are the two I'm trying to decide on.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oneigh...57635362605075

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread