Sponsored by:

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,430 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
I would have to lean over to the cats side as well.
Over his budget, and he's leasing.

Personally, I would never mod a leased car. The only thing I'd do is wash it.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:48 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
I missed the leasing part but knew he'd have to save for install.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:50 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Over his budget, and he's leasing.

Personally, I would never mod a leased car. The only thing I'd do is wash it.
Probably good advice

But I'm sure someone would jump on my Eibach sways and exhaust in the classified section when my lease is up.

I sold my Firebird over the weekend, and as a consolation prize, I want to get something for the G. Wifey is floating the idea that we buy the G out when the lease is up and pick up another toy car, so I'm more open to putting a little money into it, even if I take a depreciation hit on the mod.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Probably good advice

But I'm sure someone would jump on my Eibach sways and exhaust in the classified section when my lease is up.

I sold my Firebird over the weekend, and as a consolation prize, I want to get something for the G. Wifey is floating the idea that we buy the G out when the lease is up and pick up another toy car, so I'm more open to putting a little money into it, even if I take a depreciation hit on the mod.
Certainly that's true about selling used sways. IDK about exhausts... more depreciation there.

Sorry to hear you said g'bye to the Pontiac. End of an era, eh?

I think there's a unique kind of satisfaction in owning a current 6MT Sedan. Certainly there's nothing outwardly noteworthy about it, and it's not high-end or uber-rare. But personally, I think there's appeal in knowing the car is a little bit special because its so uncommon.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:44 AM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
^100% agree with Rochester here. I can't count the amount of times random people get excited once they ask and find out its a 6MT. Always adds to the already amazing feeling of ownership.

In terms of modding Lego, I'd pass. Considering that's its a lease, not quite worth it unless you don't mind the hassle of uninstalling and attempting to sell parts after you give her away. However to each their own.

If you choose the path of modding I'd suggest exhaust. Always nice sounding different from the rest of the fish. =D
Old 04-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Certainly that's true about selling used sways. IDK about exhausts... more depreciation there.

Sorry to hear you said g'bye to the Pontiac. End of an era, eh?

I think there's a unique kind of satisfaction in owning a current 6MT Sedan. Certainly there's nothing outwardly noteworthy about it, and it's not high-end or uber-rare. But personally, I think there's appeal in knowing the car is a little bit special because its so uncommon.
Ive had good luck selling exhausts from past cars. Even assuming 50% depreciation on a $500 part, it would cost me $250. I think I would get ~$14 a month enjoyment out of it. Hell, I'm saving $20 a month on insurance for dropping the car.

I might regret selling it some day,but right now I'm pretty happy. I drove it 4 times in 3 years, I'd rather someone else drive it and enjoy it. While it was special to drive when I had 150-220 hp fwd cars, it was eclipsed by my legacy gt and now g37.

Totally agree with you on owning a 6mt sedan. I like that its not really outwardly noteworthy, as I despise the attention flashy cars attract, yet its am incredibly enjoyably car to drive. And truthfully, there isnt much out there that excites me for a potential replacement. A CTS-V is a consideration, but I think I'll have a hard time justifying that big of a financial outlay, even if I can afford it.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 AM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
That push-rod engine doe
Old 04-08-2014, 06:49 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Well this beauty showed up today. Best $150 I've spent on an appearance mod!

Sedan Chat Thread-image-117015790.jpg

Sedan Chat Thread-image-3080364198.jpg
Old 04-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Something else to eyeball at the meet-up. I'm assuming you'll have it installed by then, right?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
Something else to eyeball at the meet-up. I'm assuming you'll have it installed by then, right?
I'll definitely have it on by then. Goal is to get my bumper painted, headlights painted, diffuser on and coupe wheels mounted.

Don't think I'll get my calipers on in time though. Kind of a bummer.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
Well this beauty showed up today. Best $150 I've spent on an appearance mod!

Attachment 103374

Attachment 103375
GT EFF OUTTA HERE! how You like it so far? I love mine on my graphite shadow

side note... even though I have promised myself not to spend as much money on the car for sometime I have been looking into the

RJM Performance AFP Clutch Pedal Assembly and all its positives :

Smoother Launches with more Control, Lower Friction Point and Predicatable Engagement!
- Smoother & Easier 1-2 & 2-3 Up Shifts!
- Smoother & Easier 4-3 & 3-2 Downshifts!
- Improvement in Pedal Feel & Clutch Control on all clutches Stock to Extreme Multi-plate or Heavy Puck clutches.
- Adjustable for Stroke Length, Pedal Angle/Height, Friction Point & Pedal Pressure!
- Features a Single Acting Return Spring and completely eliminates the terrible OEM "Assist Spring Mechanism".
- Rev2.1 Features Additional Adjustment Capabilities over older versions for even more setup flexibility.
- ZERO Pedal sticking to the floor after Hard Driving, Track Days or Events
** Reduces or Eliminates chance of Concentric Slave Cylinder failures so common in the Z/G cars **

and definitely sounds really tempting, but even if I purchased the assembly... how much do you guys think it would cost to get that installed and where possibly?!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:58 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Enjoy Mike. These AutokitsX CF diffusers are sexy on our G's.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Enjoy Mike. These AutokitsX CF diffusers are sexy on our G's.
Oh yes they do !
Old 04-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
GT EFF OUTTA HERE! how You like it so far? I love mine on my graphite shadow

side note... even though I have promised myself not to spend as much money on the car for sometime I have been looking into the

RJM Performance AFP Clutch Pedal Assembly and all its positives :

Smoother Launches with more Control, Lower Friction Point and Predicatable Engagement!
- Smoother & Easier 1-2 & 2-3 Up Shifts!
- Smoother & Easier 4-3 & 3-2 Downshifts!
- Improvement in Pedal Feel & Clutch Control on all clutches Stock to Extreme Multi-plate or Heavy Puck clutches.
- Adjustable for Stroke Length, Pedal Angle/Height, Friction Point & Pedal Pressure!
- Features a Single Acting Return Spring and completely eliminates the terrible OEM "Assist Spring Mechanism".
- Rev2.1 Features Additional Adjustment Capabilities over older versions for even more setup flexibility.
- ZERO Pedal sticking to the floor after Hard Driving, Track Days or Events
** Reduces or Eliminates chance of Concentric Slave Cylinder failures so common in the Z/G cars **

and definitely sounds really tempting, but even if I purchased the assembly... how much do you guys think it would cost to get that installed and where possibly?!
There is one for sale in the classifieds for $200.....
Old 04-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
how much do you guys think it would cost to get that installed and where possibly?!
I suspect two hours labor. From what I've read, the best approach for access is to remove the driver's seat. Makes sense.

I don't think any of the 6MT cars at the upcoming meet-up have this clutch pedal, or an aftermarket STS. Shame about that.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread