G37 Sedan

Sedan Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 09:52 PM
ChinkyChoy
Premier Member

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Some consider the US as a mainland, but most residents understand the commonwealth relationship. I'm a bit bad at political terms, so sorry if it's not clear :/

As for moving, after completing 4 years of Med school locally, following up with residency in the states is an option. Texas seems like an excellent place for cars, plus it's a "low tax state".

Not yet. Their automatic email mentions that they respond within 1 business day.
maybe Lance on the forums can get you an answer faster?

anyways here are my new FI 2.5" RHFCs got em for a real good price and didnt have to wait!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac

Ditto. I have a hard time waiting until my car is up to operating temperature before I floor it. I love winding out 1st and 2nd....

My commute takes me for 4 miles on the expressway. If there is no traffic, the on ramp is a gentle right, with lots of room to go wide. I can enter with my foot to the floor at about 40, with just a slight bit of oversteer, then redline second and third before the end of the ramp. It's automotive nirvana
Ditto as well... Yet I have to try out going sideways on a ramp, never tried it as at higher speeds I'm a bit afraid that it could easily get out of my hands, and I might hit the curb, but other than ramps, I handle my sideways fun very well I could say.

I guess I need my sway bars first for a proper slide on a ramp right? I guess I'll see what's that about after winter

Besides, I think I'd be very lucky to find a ramp in my area that would be particularly empty haha.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:18 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester

I only drive my car a few days a week, but when I do, there is always a moment, somewhere along the way, when I'm at full throttle. Always. It's usually second gear (so much win), but sometimes third, and sometimes out of the hole in 1st. Heck, at least once a week or more I turn off Traction Control so that I can muscle through a turn. Been digging the car like that for almost 3 years now.

Maybe it's a 6MT thing. IDK. Everybody approaches this hobby differently, I guess. With all the power-mods you did in the last year, Alfredo, I would have guessed you get on the car a lot.
I'm kind of the same way. First time I did it with snow tires I lost the back end a little. It's my first time with snow tires, and I really don't like them so far. Is it normal for winter tires to break traction with snow on the road?
Old 12-04-2014, 10:21 PM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac

In other news...don't we all hate waiting for parts? I ordered spacers on the 25th, right before Thanksgiving. They estimated 3-5 business days to make them, then figure a few days to ship them. Puts me at some time next week
Funny that you mention this, since I ordered some NST pulleys back on Oct. 2 that were ready for "immediate shipping". After numerous ignored emails, I decided it was time to file a claim to the bank and guess what...8 hours later shipping confirmation from NST lol. Let just hope they got the order right.

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
maybe Lance on the forums can get you an answer faster?

anyways here are my new FI 2.5" RHFCs got em for a real good price and didnt have to wait!

I'll shoot Lance a PM if I don't get a response by the next couple of days. Never had a problem with FI's customer service.

You will love them. Just make sure to get some extra hangers in for support!

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Besides, I think I'd be very lucky to find a ramp in my area that would be particularly empty haha.
x2 :/
Old 12-05-2014, 08:30 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,448 Posts
Originally Posted by '11G37S
I'm kind of the same way. First time I did it with snow tires I lost the back end a little. It's my first time with snow tires, and I really don't like them so far. Is it normal for winter tires to break traction with snow on the road?
Right... snow tires. Forgot about that. I don't drive aggressively with snow tires on dry frozen pavement. However, when the roads are covered in snow and ice, all bets are off. And if there are no other cars around, it's fun to turn the TC off on snow, too. Just for a bit.

In other G news... HappyBuyItNow just emailed me a UPS Tracking Number out of Japan for a prototype Extreme3 roof wing. How cool is that? Totally free to me as they're working out the specs for the G Sedan. All they want from me are pictures and a thread on the forum.

Shocked. Hope it fits and looks good. Not sure what I'm going to do with it now that Winter is here.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:18 PM
alfredo24pr

In other G news... HappyBuyItNow just emailed me a UPS Tracking Number out of Japan for a prototype Extreme3 roof wing. How cool is that? Totally free to me as they're working out the specs for the G Sedan. All they want from me are pictures and a thread on the forum.

Shocked. Hope it fits and looks good. Not sure what I'm going to do with it now that Winter is here.
Nice. Any pics of the wing by itself?
I can't seem to satisfactorily google search HappyBuyItNow.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by alfredo24pr
Nice. Any pics of the wing by itself?
I can't seem to satisfactorily google search HappyBuyItNow.
Here's a video with their Gen2. They're sending me the Gen3, which supposedly has a much lower profile.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
All they want from me are pictures and a thread on the forum.
So you're being used for pictures and a thread. Nice
Old 12-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by '11G37S
Right... snow tires. Forgot about that. I don't drive aggressively with snow tires on dry frozen pavement. However, when the roads are covered in snow and ice, all bets are off. And if there are no other cars around, it's fun to turn the TC off on snow, too. Just for a bit.
This ^^ x2! what in the world is HappyBuyItNow, never heard of them. How'd you even get in contact with them?

Well John , since winter's here, or not really here since no snow, if you dont know what to do with it, I will do for sure haha
Old 12-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Rochester
Administrator

what in the world is HappyBuyItNow, never heard of them. How'd you even get in contact with them?
It's difficult to research them, because they operate solely out of eBay and a few car forums... and even then, they're JDM with so-so English skills. However, they seem ligit, and have been selling trunk & roof wings for a number of years out of Taiwan.

I found them in Dragion's thread about roof wings: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...adowspeed.html They created a single post with a picture of this "Gen 3" version of their roof wing, and an offer for someone to prototype the product. A few people bit at the opportunity, but it didn't happen, and their communication was very spotty.

Anyway, I had sent their eBay account an email, they replied back, some time went by without any communication, then it all picked back up, and now one of their new roof wings is in shipment to me for next week. I'm actually kind of shocked, but psyched to see what it's like. Per the measurements I gave them, they're sending me the Gen3 Roof Wing in gloss black. At least, that's the plan. Going to be interesting to see what shows up.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-05-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Mik3G37S

It's difficult to research them, because they operate solely out of eBay and a few car forums... and even then, they're JDM with so-so English skills. However, they seem ligit, and have been selling trunk & roof wings for a number of years out of Taiwan.

I found them in Dragion's thread about roof wings: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...adowspeed.html They created a single post with a picture of this "Gen 3" version of their roof wing, and an offer for someone to prototype the product. A few people bit at the opportunity, but it didn't happen, and their communication was very spotty.

Anyway, I had sent their eBay account an email, they replied back, some time went by without any communication, then it all picked back up, and now one of their new roof wings is in shipment to me for next week. I'm actually kind of shocked, but psyched to see what it's like. Per the measurements I gave them, they're sending me the Gen3 Roof Wing in gloss black. At least, that's the plan. Going to be interesting to see what shows up.

Nice , nice I am in for pictures and your as always very detailed review on it as well, IIRC you bit the idea of getting a gloss black one like we talked about it after applebees in Binghamton ?

Considering you are a very detailed person, I'm sure you gave them a very spot on measurements, and as far as they followed, the fitment should be very good !
Old 12-05-2014, 08:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice , nice I am in for pictures and your as always very detailed review on it as well, IIRC you bit the idea of getting a gloss black one like we talked about it after applebees in Binghamton ?

Considering you are a very detailed person, I'm sure you gave them a very spot on measurements, and as far as they followed, the fitment should be very good !
X2 John, look forward to your reviews w/ pics and any pros & cons.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:02 PM
Rochester
Administrator

IIRC you bit the idea of getting a gloss black one like we talked about it after applebees in Binghamton ?
I recall the dinner, but not that particular conversation. But I'm not surprised we talked about it... I've had an on-again/off-again attitude about roof wings. Mostly off.

Then I got to thinking of it less as a roof wing, and more of a trim piece, narrow, without the flip-up design of most roof-wings. And in that context, black, like the roof channels that lead up into it. With dark window tint, I think it might work.

At least, that's the thinking. But I could be way-y-y off, LOL.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:10 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Change your clutch fluid to motul and don't look back!
Old 12-06-2014, 12:30 AM
alfredo24pr

I'm interested in seeing if you like the roof wing, since you already didn't feel Dragion's. I can't feel it either. Never have and probably never will.

Quick Reply: Sedan Chat Thread