Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of Pics Q-50 Upclose! AWDS (Loaded) Pics, At Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 AM
solidsilver
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I actually think the front end is the best looking part of the car by far, and I'm still surprised how much the back end and the center stack of the dashboard resemble those on the current-gen Hyundai Sonata.

Having said that, I do think the new Q is a classy looking product, even if the design appears to be "busier" and more complex than the current G, and I'm still glad I waited for its debut at the Detroit show before deciding to go ahead and purchase a '13 G sedan, which I feel is a cleaner, sleeker design overall. Very happy with it, by the way.
The following users liked this post:
WannabeSport (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 11:50 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
To all of you who are saying the dealer's comparison was fair, OP stated they used a 328i. Not a 328Xi loaded to the max. So the Q50 starts at $37k. How much is a Q50Sawd? $37k? Unlikely so. In that case, it isn't a fair comparison in both performance specs and price point. Now, regarding the list on their training manual. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they will be comparing a base Q50 that starts at $37k to the base model of the cars listed.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
To all of you who are saying the dealer's comparison was fair, OP stated they used a 328i. Not a 328Xi loaded to the max. So the Q50 starts at $37k. How much is a Q50Sawd? $37k? Unlikely so. In that case, it isn't a fair comparison in both performance specs and price point. Now, regarding the list on their training manual. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they will be comparing a base Q50 that starts at $37k to the base model of the cars listed.
Dunno what trim the 328i was, he didn't specify. However a 328i xDrive starts at $38,850 and the Q50 Sport AWD starts at $44,750. A $6K difference. If you want to make this comparison comparable, all you have to do is start adding comparable options to make the cars as comparably equipped as possible.

Add nothing the the Q50 and pay $44,750. To get a similarly equipped 328i xDrive add:

$500 hated seats
$3100 premium package to get moon roof, lumbar support seats, and 1 yr satellite radio subscription, leather seats
$900 for Xenon headlights

Which brings it to $43,150. This is assuming you want the BMW in Jet Black or Alpine White, all other colors cost and extra $550.

Difference of $1600 when comparably equipped. Still playing in the same ballpark price wise. The differences are now things other than price for what you get.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:22 PM
oliveview

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
While things have progressed more for BMW (and Mercedes, and Audi, and Lexus...) more in the last four-years, than for Infiniti, I figure the cost differences will stay about the same.

When we bought our '09 G37s sedan, the similarly equipped 335i was almost $10K more. Nissan got our money because the price difference was too much, and we already knew how incredibly reliable the G cars were, based on direct family experience.

That being said, both my wife and I agreed that the 335i was a substantially better driving car. It wasn't even close, in fact.

I guarantee we will not make the same decision next time, unless Inifinti starts to innovate. And the Pathfinder, er, JX doesn't count as innovation.
Or let's talk about the bitterly insulting "IPL". Seriously? Lexus' "F-Sport" models are more worthy of that fake title.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by oliveview
While things have progressed more for BMW (and Mercedes, and Audi, and Lexus...) more in the last four-years, than for Infiniti, I figure the cost differences will stay about the same.

When we bought our '09 G37s sedan, the similarly equipped 335i was almost $10K more. Nissan got our money because the price difference was too much, and we already knew how incredibly reliable the G cars were, based on direct family experience.

That being said, both my wife and I agreed that the 335i was a substantially better driving car. It wasn't even close, in fact.

I guarantee we will not make the same decision next time, unless Inifinti starts to innovate. And the Pathfinder, er, JX doesn't count as innovation.
Or let's talk about the bitterly insulting "IPL". Seriously? Lexus' "F-Sport" models are more worthy of that fake title.
This post seems 100% rational IMO. After having had your G for a while, if you feel that the BMW is more your speed because you have had it and like what the BMW offers more that makes complete sense.

I think (hope) we are just at the beginning of seeing progress from Nissan/Infiniti. It may be a while yet before it really gets rolling. I fully agree that their rollout of the IPL badge seems to be a vast letdown from my expectations so far. It's more a trim package than a performance model. I hope that the end game is for IPL to be more like an AMG or M division before it's all said and done. Baby steps I guess...
Old 06-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
This post seems 100% rational IMO. After having had your G for a while, if you feel that the BMW is more your speed because you have had it and like what the BMW offers more that makes complete sense.

I think (hope) we are just at the beginning of seeing progress from Nissan/Infiniti. It may be a while yet before it really gets rolling. I fully agree that their rollout of the IPL badge seems to be a vast letdown from my expectations so far. It's more a trim package than a performance model. I hope that the end game is for IPL to be more like an AMG or M division before it's all said and done. Baby steps I guess...
When I picked up my '11 LE the dealer had an IPL in the showroom. I got to talking to him about it, how I was disappointed its so much more expensive but the reality is its not something I would call a "performance" model.

The dealer said Infiniti's intention is to compete with AMG, BMW M, etc. Judging by their first take (IPL), they really must be taking baby steps. Granted, it was still cheaper than an M or AMG, but it wasnt playing in the same sandbox either.

I guess the best hope is for the Q60 to be (or at least have the option to be) an M/AMG killer. I have faith in Infiniti but with the whole changeover to Q it feels like they are starting to build the brand/reputation from scratch, IMHO.

Im most interested in the new interior of the Q50, as I think thats where my G falls short right now (along with the 7AT but I still think they can fix it even more with another s/w revision or two). My BIL just bought a new Maxima, and there are a few things I wish the G had that the Max came with (cooled driver seat, etc). But I think the G still takes the cake for price vs performance, especially being RWD based.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:13 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris11LE

I guess the best hope is for the Q60 to be (or at least have the option to be) an M/AMG killer. I have faith in Infiniti but with the whole changeover to Q it feels like they are starting to build the brand/reputation from scratch, IMHO.
Like BB mentioned a page back, Infiniti had an awesome car in the Q45 and just seemed to let that one slip through the cracks, the last couple years it was truly a beautiful car. Similar to what Acura did w/ their stunning Legend Sedan. It's kind of a shame that Infiniti seems to be trying a re-boot rather than building on what successes they've had. Before we talk M/AMG killer it first needs to be on the same page, probably better off shooting for the Audi S4 first then move on to the big boys. The IPL is priced in the S4 neighborhood and w/ the proper upgrades it could be right there. Hopefully they'll put more steak than sizzle in their future performance offerings and tone things down a bit design wise.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:28 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Dunno what trim the 328i was, he didn't specify. However a 328i xDrive starts at $38,850 and the Q50 Sport AWD starts at $44,750. A $6K difference. If you want to make this comparison comparable, all you have to do is start adding comparable options to make the cars as comparably equipped as possible.

Add nothing the the Q50 and pay $44,750. To get a similarly equipped 328i xDrive add:

$500 hated seats
$3100 premium package to get moon roof, lumbar support seats, and 1 yr satellite radio subscription, leather seats
$900 for Xenon headlights

Which brings it to $43,150. This is assuming you want the BMW in Jet Black or Alpine White, all other colors cost and extra $550.

Difference of $1600 when comparably equipped. Still playing in the same ballpark price wise. The differences are now things other than price for what you get.
Exactly. Any way you slice it, the Q50 and 328i are very comparable pricewise when equipped similarly. The majority of car shoppers shop in a price range. Therefore the assumption that the Q50 competes with the 328i is spot on.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:19 PM
JustinInfMelb

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
This will be my last post on this thread but to answer alot of you wondering yes it was a 328ix AWD. Enjoyed reading alot of your comments LOL!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:43 PM
philter25

Originally Posted by JustinInfMelb
This will be my last post on this thread but to answer alot of you wondering yes it was a 328ix AWD. Enjoyed reading alot of your comments LOL!
Well well well, looky that. Seems Infiniti brought a car when optioned equally is priced extremely similar to the Q50 AWD. Let the apologies commence.

I appreciate you posting the photos Justin and for ducking out and not feeding the haters. Shame there are a few douches on here who jumped to a conclusion before actually knowing all the facts or looking up prices and decided to crap on this thread.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:50 PM
philter25

Originally Posted by Rochester
  • BMW 328i - No, that's wrong. Must be the 335i.
  • Audi A4 - No, that's also way wrong. Must mean S4.
  • Acura TL - Perhaps.
  • Lexus IS - IS350 only. The IS250 is a poser.
  • Mercedes C-Class - Where's the C350? Seriously.

I know you're a car salesman, and these are the vehicles in your "Training Manual", but an educated consumer would know the difference. So the logical assumption is that you're being trained on how to rope-a-dope consumers into making false comparisons. Admit it, dude. Just admit it.

Clearly there are forces at work here that I don't understand. Car sales are funny.
Clearly there are forces at work you dont understand. It's called math.

Now apologize to the guy.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:51 PM
philter25

Originally Posted by sniper27
Next in line for the apology...... step right up.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:52 PM
philter25

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
But be honest you're an enthusiast you know their 328i to Q50 S comparison was a shame even his training points out Infiniti wants them comparing the car to things 10k less. Ok...

Put it against a new E Class, 335 or even CTS id like those comparisons.
And another guy who didnt pay attention in math class.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 PM
philter25

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
I wonder if the infamous reverse brake squeal will live on...
I dont know how I missed this post, but TRUTH. Im going to ensure I slowly test drive all future cars in reverse and make sure I drive one which has been on the lot for at least a month to ensure it doesnt squeal like a pig everytime you pull out of the garage.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:23 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by philter25
And another guy who didnt pay attention in math class.
Which is true, and why I majored in crim to avoid most math courses. you're not telling me anything I don't know but thank you.

But if you're going to waste your time correcting members based on something a salesmen says we don't have much to talk about anyway. I don't trust any car salesmen while trying to sell cars. He left that out of his first detailed post. Maybe he just said that based off our comments. Like salesmen don't change statements and quotes on customers every single day.

Last edited by RYs06MT; 06-18-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Lots of Pics Q-50 Upclose! AWDS (Loaded) Pics, At Dealer