Sponsored by:

2014 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,430 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Because your priorities are flawed in comparison the the majority of consumers you damn contrarian.
OK, that's true. But they're my priorities and I love em.

And get off my lawn!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
At the time I bought it I think there were 4 dealerships in my market. No idea how many G35s were left, never even looked. Since they didn't have my color and option configuration in stock or pretty much anywhere (OEM spoilers were as rare as hens teeth at that time) I ordered mine and waited 5 weeks. 6MT with all options and accessories except 4WAS.

As far as the Q50, I'm not likely to purchase right away. I just completed the end of someone else's lease takeover and decided to purchase it because there was a lot of value from the down payment he'd made. I could have made a few $K selling it but it'll still have decent sale or trade value when I'm looking to possibly buy at the end of 2013 or early 2014.
Do you think you will go sedan next? I'd wait for the 2015 q50, gets rid of bugs and hopefully all engine options (if more than one) are available. If they announce different options, I doubt they would all be available at launch, at least engine options. I hope they are right about hybrid sport models it would be
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Pics look great. Nissan for me never photographs well. Seeing their cars in person is usually a pleasant surprise.

Now the wait begins for all the specs. I won't ever again buy a first gen remodel (my 2004 Maxima was the worst of 4 Maximas I owned over the years). And it seems 6+ months later they add more options. I still love my '10 xS and plan to keep it for quite awhile.

Really looking forward to see the new direction Infiniti is headed in!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:18 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Because navigation is a very practical feature on a car in every market that a majority of consumers would want depending on price. It's a must have on any luxury or even mid line car.
The in car Navi is also belong to the category of nice to have but can do without. A newly designed will be flashy for a couple years and then get stuck with an obsolete tech for the rest of life when you still own the car. Unless in car Navi is designed to be capable of upgrading in both hardware and software, I would prefer to have a discrete portable unit, be it a smart phone or dedicated GPS, and save tons of money in the process. Less complicated system, less points of failure as an extra bonus.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20 PM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I would like to see all navi go to a similar concept as google maps on a smart phone, except to preload data for your proximity on the fly. That way you'd never need to update it.

All that the industry needs is one manufacturer to go to this model and the others will have to follow suit to remain competitive. It will happen in the next three years I think.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:21 PM
MoonliteMadness

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
This may not be a big deal to many, but does anyone know if the new Q50 will have a split fold-down rear seat? I've had one in previous German sedans I've owned, as well as my current G Coupe and it is a very useful feature.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:23 PM
ashmostro

I don't think anyone knows that yet, but you will soon!

I hope we find out pricing tomorrow...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:29 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ugh.... only 2.5 years into my current loan and im already thinking about trading in. If the q50 is faster and more fuel efficient than my 2010 g37, I might just have to make some moves. I love both the exterior and interior of the q50. Hopefully the drivetrain has some major improvements as well
Old 01-13-2013, 08:29 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
I won't ever again buy a first gen remodel
Agreed, particularly if there's a new drivetrain. In that case, I would avoid the first 2-3 model years, actually...

Regarding 6MT - if they don't offer it anymore, then I hope that they at least offer a DCT or an automatic comparable to the ZF transmissions.

The big question that I always ask myself when thinking about buying the G (ok, now Q50) is why not just get a BMW or an Audi? The answer used to be price and reliability. The price difference isn't huge. The reliability of current Bimmers and Audis seems fine. I hope the answer this time is that Infiniti offers something better...
Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 PM
visualguy

Originally Posted by ashmostro
I would like to see all navi go to a similar concept as google maps on a smart phone, except to preload data for your proximity on the fly. That way you'd never need to update it.

All that the industry needs is one manufacturer to go to this model and the others will have to follow suit to remain competitive. It will happen in the next three years I think.
Already done by Audi...

Hardware upgrades would still be needed for better screens, faster processors, etc.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:38 PM
LH1

I'm hoping for a new interior color option. Something like that burnt orangey leather that the FX had. Maybe even that weird shade of red they offered on those special edition G's. There's nothing wrong with graphite and stone but come on...

And Infiniti please give us a couple new exterior colors too damn it!! Remember, they use to offer really cool colors like Emerald Mist, Caribbean Blue and Garnet Ember on the 03-04 G sedans.

I will be disappointed if I see the color list looks like this tomorrow:

-Black Obsidian
-Moonlight White
-Some weird shade of red (Imo no reds look good on Infinitis)
-Senior Silver
-Galaxy Grey
-Platinum Graphite
-Graphite Platinum
-Titanium Grey
-Silver Titanium

Credit goes to Rochester for Senior Silver and Galaxy Grey. He made those up.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by visualguy
The reliability of current Bimmers and Audis seems fine.
The keyword is long term. Short term is covered under warranty which is not a concern of ownership expenses.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:03 PM
ashmostro

Originally Posted by visualguy
Already done by Audi...

Hardware upgrades would still be needed for better screens, faster processors, etc.
Sweet, didn't know that. Mostly because audis bore me when i drive them...
Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM
LH1

Originally Posted by MoonliteMadness
This may not be a big deal to many, but does anyone know if the new Q50 will have a split fold-down rear seat? I've had one in previous German sedans I've owned, as well as my current G Coupe and it is a very useful feature.

Not sure yet, but I'd be very disappointed it they left it out again.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 PM
visualguy

Originally Posted by ashmostro
Sweet, didn't know that. Mostly because audis bore me when i drive them...
Try an S4 or an S5 with the supercharged V6, particularly with that sweet manual transmission... It's a rocket with awesome road grip.

I currenty own a 2012 G37 and a 2013 S5. There's no comparison - the S5 is much more fun, but it also cost $18K more, so not exactly a fair comparison. I would actually even take an A4 or an A5 over a G37 6MT, mostly because of the much better clutch in the Audi, but also the better interior/electronics, lower NVH, and the road grip of the Quattro.

Certainly hoping the Q50 offers more - can't wait to hear the details tomorrow...

Quick Reply: 2014 Sedan