Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sedan with Sports Pkg or not...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:21 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Driving around Milwaukee, WI the other day, I did wish the car was softer. The roads up there are crap. For all the other areas I've traveled to with the car, Sport all the way.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Dark Sarcasm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the sport package is a good deal. Paddle shifters and LSD was my motivation for the S upgrade.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:09 PM
King_Stee

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had my 2011 G37S Sedan for two weeks and I loveeeee it! already lowered in on some Eibach springs and it still rides smooth.. the handling is WAY BETTER than I expected for a luxury/sport sedan (coming from owning a 2005 WRX STI)...
Old 06-03-2012, 11:39 PM
jtweeze

besides just wheels, and performance upgrades, i think appearance looks better..sports front bumper looks nice even in stock form....
Old 06-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Randjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my 2011 G37S.I wanted rear drive.This car is awesome on the back roads I drive.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-06-2012, 12:36 PM
2SwiFt29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't complain. I've had the G37S for about 10 months now and I love the way it handles. I wish aesthetically it looked different on the back but the Sports pkg makes the front look more aggressive than non-S models.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by jepva
I have an X with the sport package (appearance only) and to see what I was missing, I've taken a RWD 6MT sport out for test drives a couple times during oil changes at the dealer.

To be honest, other than it being manual I couldn't notice much of a difference. The steering may have been a little better, but didn't really notice all that much. No difference in braking either and the handling was marginally better at best. For the most part, it just felt a tad lighter (200lbs lighter than the X i believe).

I have a feeling most of the differences can really only be seen at the extremes on a track.

Buddy even my 74 year old mom noticed the difference when we went and took test drives with her. She came very close to pulling the trigger on a new G37S sedan but backed out as they didn't seem to want to deal with her paying cash for the car.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM
GeezerB
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I drove both on test runs. If you are a "driver", get the S. If comfort is your first priority, than standard. I demand that my car has the best available handling, so I love the S. You do need to test fit the seat as it is not for everyone. Coming from a peice of crap FWD TL, I am extremely happy with my choice. I even open the windows for the morning startup so I can hear the engine warm up
Old 06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by jepva
I have an X with the sport package (appearance only) and to see what I was missing, I've taken a RWD 6MT sport out for test drives a couple times during oil changes at the dealer.

To be honest, other than it being manual I couldn't notice much of a difference. The steering may have been a little better, but didn't really notice all that much. No difference in braking either and the handling was marginally better at best. For the most part, it just felt a tad lighter (200lbs lighter than the X i believe).

I have a feeling most of the differences can really only be seen at the extremes on a track.

Interesting perspective, I will have to disagree with you because I too have driven both cars and there is a clear difference that you feel. 6-mt not only gives you more control of the car, but the suspension is def. tighter and the brakes bigger which you really do feel on the highway. Steering is the same almost but on the highway the car doesn't rock when you try to avoid dead animals on the highway, that may be because of sport tires. If they had a 6-mt sedan in my area, I would have jumped on it. Hate the 7-speed
Old 06-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Freshness

I believe the S has an LSD which is just as huge of a difference as the brakes. I myself have a journey and while at times I wished I had an S, the journey makes me very happy. The best part of the S IMO is the paddle shifters which I installed in my journey and use everyday. I plan to upgrade my brakes as well once that time comes around.

As for suspension, I would've ended up with coilovers anyways.