Sponsored by:

Going from Acura to Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 AM
stevenyc7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going from Acura to Infiniti

Good morning,
I need to help answering a question. I am considering going from My 2009 Acura TL AWD Tech to a 2012 G37x Sport w/Navi. I have two payments of 515 left on the TL.

One dealer in brooklyn NY told me that InfinityUSA bank takes those payments as they want people like me that switch brands.

Another dealership which gave me a lower quote tells me that those two payments are affecting my quote. Even though they are much cheaper.

Does anyone actually know what happens? My currect quote is 1400 upfront and 459 per month for 36months or 449 for 39 months.

But if my two payments are going into this lease maybe i should just wait it out and get a better deal. What do you guys think?

Please let me know because i might be signing this Saturday.

Thank you very much.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the 1400 for TTL? (Tax, title, license).

My Acura has a buyout quote, so I could just trade it in. Negative equity would just encourage me to wait until the end of the lease.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:41 AM
BrianSF-GA

Depending on mileage, wear & tear and condition of your TL, there may be some equity in it. Like "Coprolite" said, look at your residual/buyout in your lease and compare it to the current BB & NADA trade-in prices or what others are receiving for trade-in values. Ask your dealers that are quoting you payments to show you all the numbers .... your TL trade-in, the price of the G37Sx, the required downpayment, the monthly payments (don't forget the monthly tax) and most importantly, the "money factor". Once you have all these numbers, then start comparing apples to apples.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:44 PM
jddssc121

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 things -

1) Those 2 payments don't magically disappear. Somebody somewhere pays for them. Somebody in the case means you . The dealer will recoup the cost via higher selling price of the Infiniti and/or higher money factor on your new lease.

2) Don't focus on the Monthly payments. You'll lose. Negotiate on the residual, money factor and selling price of the vehicle. Negotiating on the monthly payments is a sales rep's dream.........

You can find current Infiniti money factor rates here 2012 Infiniti Lease Rates – January 2012
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jddssc121
2 things -

1) Those 2 payments don't magically disappear. Somebody somewhere pays for them. Somebody in the case means you . The dealer will recoup the cost via higher selling price of the Infiniti and/or higher money factor on your new lease.

2) Don't focus on the Monthly payments. You'll lose. Negotiate on the residual, money factor and selling price of the vehicle. Negotiating on the monthly payments is a sales rep's dream.........

You can find current Infiniti money factor rates here 2012 Infiniti Lease Rates – January 2012
jddssc121, is absolutely correct. Honda (Acura), will waive those 2 last payments IF you take a new Acura, not if you go to a different car. Would You if you were Acura??

In June 2010, the last 2 months of my Infiniti lease (07 G35X), were waived, I took a new 2010 G37X with more equipment (Navi Package on top of the Premium package), for LESS monthly payment than the previous lease, No Money Down, just the taxes, title, bank fee.

When negotiating your new lease or purchase, Don't forget to get COSTCO referral dealer ( I did.....it was best of 4 Dealer quotes for my lease), AAA referral Dealer, Credit Union referrals too, if your a member...it all can help to get you the Best price.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:28 AM
saw1

Originally Posted by jddssc121
2 things -

Absolutely correct!!!

In almost every case, it is better to ride out the rest of the lease. The dealer will tell you they are not rolling your old payments into the new lease. What they will do is put your last two payments toward the factory to dealer incentive. You can get a better deal if you have no payments to roll over.

Even Infiniti does not eat any final payments if you currently own one, they go against any incentive you might have received.

Wait out the two months!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Beer Magazine

Sometimes manufacturers have "Incentive" cash for leases of other vehicles, but if you're leasing and not getting all the information odds are you're not getting the best deal.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:16 AM
RX Law

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The real issue

Figure out your finance and get your infiniti, youll never look back. - Former Acura Owner