Sponsored by:

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 07:43 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Side by side like that... you know, the duckfeet on that RWD-S don't look so bad.

I actually really liked the early (2007 - 2008) Sport Package 18" wheels. Here was my car back in 2008/2009 with the OEM duckfeet and 20mm spacers.

Name:  DSC00845.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  161.9 KB
Name:  DSC00841.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  141.2 KB
Old 04-19-2017, 08:40 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Just get the spacers until your new wheels/tires are ready. You won't regret it. And I think I only paid around $70 a pair for my bolt-on spacer's when I was using them years ago.

I'd add Toyo T1 Sports to your list. This is what I'm running right now and they grip better and are significantly quieter than any of the Bridgestone tires that I've run on my G in the past (including the S-04 and the S001's). Plus they seem to be wearing very well so far.

Sounds like you should live in Southern California then. 75°F and sunny around 330 days a year. Well, 76°F today.

And you can always drive an hour or so to the mountains for your snow fix in the Winter.
I used to recommend the Toyo T1 Sports quite a bit but since treadepot has a jacked up website I've kind of forgotten about them
Good to know you've been happy w/ them and if they're getting your pumped up G down the road without problems that's a big recommendation.

Since you've been well versed in various tires for your G you should post a comparison review in the review folder if you could take the time, would be a good resource IMO.
The following users liked this post:
2GoRNot2G (04-20-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 09:29 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
The duckfeet look great next to the OEM 17s, but next to the coupe 19's they are a whole different story!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:55 PM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
With both of us having brand new Goodyear tires upon purchase and living in FL (no need for winter set) we both said that rims won't be in the near future. But I've already purchased an OEM sport spoiler, Eibach pro kit sways/springs, and an axle back that are sitting in the office waiting for me to install. Over the summer when the wife and kids are on vacation I'll have time to install all those things as well as black out all the trim. By the end of June my transformation will have begun.

As for rims I do have a friend who has a NISMO 370Z who offered to give me his rims when he gets new ones on the Z. Needless to say I'm waiting for him to tell me he bought some new shoes so I can drive up to Atlanta and get his old ones. He's a Nissan nut and owns a Nismo 370Z, a twin turbo Z32, and (2) turbo MR2's, and a 2016 loaded Mazda 3 as a daily.
Successful careers couple = double income no kids, that's the life!
Old 04-19-2017, 10:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,575 Likes on 3,426 Posts
Originally Posted by the93owner
The duckfeet look great next to the OEM 17s, but next to the coupe 19's they are a whole different story!
That's true. I'm a sucker for a nicely designed 10-spoke.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:15 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by QuinnDEskimo
With both of us having brand new Goodyear tires upon purchase and living in FL (no need for winter set) we both said that rims won't be in the near future. But I've already purchased an OEM sport spoiler, Eibach pro kit sways/springs, and an axle back that are sitting in the office waiting for me to install. Over the summer when the wife and kids are on vacation I'll have time to install all those things as well as black out all the trim. By the end of June my transformation will have begun.

As for rims I do have a friend who has a NISMO 370Z who offered to give me his rims when he gets new ones on the Z. Needless to say I'm waiting for him to tell me he bought some new shoes so I can drive up to Atlanta and get his old ones. He's a Nissan nut and owns a Nismo 370Z, a twin turbo Z32, and (2) turbo MR2's, and a 2016 loaded Mazda 3 as a daily.
Successful careers couple = double income no kids, that's the life!
Nice pair of Sedans Q, those Nismo Z wheels are nice but the staggered fit makes the rears extra aggressive for a sedan, much better suited for the coupe w/ it's wider rear fenders. If your friend is giving them to you maybe you could sell the back ones or trade them for another set of front ones, member Dembflyer runs all front Nismos on his S Sedan and it's a perfect fit all around. The Nismo rears will require heavy camber, stretched tires and they will still poke well outside the fenders, not great for the look or the daily drive IMO.
QuinnDEskimo (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 03:16 AM
andylegend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What a beautiful, mosaic driveway, and a really great photo.

What's up with the sport package front bumper and chin, matched with the non-sport 17" rims that no one loves? Considering where you probably live, I don't imagine that's your winter-wheel setup.
Originally Posted by blnewt

And Andylegend, great photo shots, and John, he answered your question above (I think) as far as his current wheel situation. Andy, if you don't need all season tires, and from the look of your southwest house you probably don't, I'd focus on a quality Max performance Summer, if your budget isn't allowing for the Michelins, Continental Extreme Contact DWs are priced well right now if you can find the sizes you want (as they are getting replaced by a newer version). Bridgestone S0-4 Pole Positions, Hankook Ventus V12 Evo, Kumho Ecsta PS91 are other choices I'd look at (in that order) that will greatly exceed the grip of the all seasons in everything but freezing temps and snow.
Just get the spacers until your new wheels/tires are ready. You won't regret it. And I think I only paid around $70 a pair for my bolt-on spacer's when I was using them years ago.

I'd add Toyo T1 Sports to your list. This is what I'm running right now and they grip better and are significantly quieter than any of the Bridgestone tires that I've run on my G in the past (including the S-04 and the S001's). Plus they seem to be wearing very well so far.

Sounds like you should live in Southern California then. 75°F and sunny around 330 days a year. Well, 76°F today.

And you can always drive an hour or so to the mountains for your snow fix in the Winter.
You guys are crazy! I guess that sunny picture and house style showed I lived in the southwest.. I used to live in Miami, Florida and moved to Southern California 2 years ago. Since I moved here, I plan to take my car up north to Lake Tahoe to learn to snowboard hence the wheels/all seasons. I am also sadistic and enjoy backpacking during the winter in Sequoia (almost died my first trip due to lack of snow experience but I'd do it again).

Weather in CA is beautiful! Crazy how the water situation here is serious until recently. In Florida we have broken sprinklers that shoot 10 feet in the air and no one cares for 3 days. Rains everyday almost from 1pm-4pm with frogs, lizards, and snakes greeting you at your doorway.

Anyways, thanks for the Toyo suggestion! It's hard to take reviews on tires seriously when you don't know if the driver tried any other tires. I will have to call up my local tire shop and ask for a quote. Tirerack doesn't seem to have the sizes I am looking for.

Last edited by andylegend; 04-20-2017 at 03:19 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 04-20-2017, 12:24 PM
sinex93

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just dipped my chrome and got the car detailed!

Old 04-20-2017, 01:19 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
I used to recommend the Toyo T1 Sports quite a bit but since treadepot has a jacked up website I've kind of forgotten about them
Good to know you've been happy w/ them and if they're getting your pumped up G down the road without problems that's a big recommendation.

Since you've been well versed in various tires for your G you should post a comparison review in the review folder if you could take the time, would be a good resource IMO.
There's a review folder on here?!?

in a previous life I also sold tires and Managed an NTW store for 6 years, so I do know a bit about tires.

Originally Posted by andylegend
You guys are crazy! I guess that sunny picture and house style showed I lived in the southwest.. I used to live in Miami, Florida and moved to Southern California 2 years ago. Since I moved here, I plan to take my car up north to Lake Tahoe to learn to snowboard hence the wheels/all seasons. I am also sadistic and enjoy backpacking during the winter in Sequoia (almost died my first trip due to lack of snow experience but I'd do it again).

Weather in CA is beautiful! Crazy how the water situation here is serious until recently. In Florida we have broken sprinklers that shoot 10 feet in the air and no one cares for 3 days. Rains everyday almost from 1pm-4pm with frogs, lizards, and snakes greeting you at your doorway.

Anyways, thanks for the Toyo suggestion! It's hard to take reviews on tires seriously when you don't know if the driver tried any other tires. I will have to call up my local tire shop and ask for a quote. Tirerack doesn't seem to have the sizes I am looking for.

Tirerack really only sells the Toyo T1R, which is a little older design and quite a bit noisier than the T1S. I got my T1 Sports through a sponsorship with Toyo, but the best place I have found to purchase them is Discounted Wheel Warehouse, which is fairly local to me. I plan to switch my front tire size to 275/30R20's in the near future and will probably purchase them from these guys. They have that size for $204 each.

edit: Just noticed that you said you moved to SoCal 2 years ago. Welcome to the area! Discounted Wheel Warehouse is in Fullerton, so if you are in the OC area then they would be pretty convenient. They have great tire prices and will even install. I usually bring my wheels/tires in off the car and they will actually let me watch the guy install the new tires so I can be sure they are being careful with the rims.

https://www.discountedwheelwarehouse...Sport&pid=3061

Originally Posted by sinex93
Just dipped my chrome and got the car detailed!
Looks great!

Just curious, but do you work for Bayer? I only ask because the Bayer BioPharm plant in Berkeley, CA is one of my good customers.

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 04-20-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:28 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

That's true. I'm a sucker for a nicely designed 10-spoke.

Since we're discussing tires... From this pic it looks like you are in serious need of some new rear rubber. John. From the looks of it, based on the warning marks in the tread you can't have more than 2 or 3/32 of an inch left on those!
Old 04-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Since we're discussing tires... From this pic it looks like you are in serious need of some new rear rubber. John. From the looks of it, based on the warning marks in the tread you can't have more than 2 or 3/32 of an inch left on those!
You are correct. Not bald, but not safe when wet either.

It's in my budget for June.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:56 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

You are correct. Not bald, but not safe when wet either.

It's in my budget for June.

Not quite as bad as I thought. Still just a bit above the 2/32" warning marks. No belts showing = still safe (technically). But, yeah, I wouldn't want to be driving on those in an heavy rain or standing water. Glad you have it scheduled to replace these in your future budget.

Any updates on the new schedule for your gear install?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:58 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Any updates on the new schedule for your gear install?
Next Wednesday morning.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:35 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

WooHoo! I'm excited for you, so I bet you are REALLY excited! Can't wait for your review and driving impressions.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:14 PM
sinex93

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great!

Just curious, but do you work for Bayer? I only ask because the Bayer BioPharm plant in Berkeley, CA is one of my good customers.
Thanks! I do not​​​​​, just deceided to take a quick picture on their parking lot

Last edited by sinex93; 04-20-2017 at 07:21 PM.
2GoRNot2G (04-21-2017)

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!