G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2012 G37S Sedan 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 07:38 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Ooo i feel special knowing my car is a 6MT with tech lol.

Welcome to the sedan crew!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Ooo i feel special knowing my car is a 6MT with tech lol.

Welcome to the sedan crew!
I was curious why they took the ICC option out of the 6MT. I assumed it might be a safety issue.

How does the MT handle speed reduction controlled by the ICC?
An AT can simply downshift but what does an MT do if the ICC wants to slow the car way down and the driver isn't paying attention to gear/speed?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Micron

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Jsolo
If it's an S, it'll have the same front, manual or auto. But it's different from the regular journey front (probably different from the X front too).
Unless you have the Sport Aero package, which adds the additional lip:

OP - I'm still scratching my head why people consider it a "short" throw... I feel like I'm getting a full upper-body workout compared to what I've used prior! I'm DYING to get it swapped out, but the wife won't approve it yet!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm loving my 11 6MTS, wonderful car!! Sucks that I had to get it from Chicago, there weren't any for nearly 500 miles in the Midwest.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by antirice
I got mine at the same dealer. How was the purchase experience?
It was eh. The salesman was cool, the finance guy seemed like he didn't care to work with me.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
Mt can no longer get the tech package, if your car has the sensdor in the front then it defeinately has tech package. grats on your purchase! Im loving my 12 6mt too

You could have gotten a 6mt vert
At the time there was one silver, and I wanted a different color. I thought I could live longer with AT, but I really like MT better.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Micron

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
It was eh. The salesman was cool, the finance guy seemed like he didn't care to work with me.
Follow the money... the salesman gets a commission, it's likely that the finance guy does not. He/she has no incentive aside from keeping their job.

If dealing with the dealership for financing, I make it clear that the car isn't the only thing I'm looking for... If the entire sales experience isn't smooth and pleasant, what's to say that the rest of your relationship with the dealer won't end up the same way? Too often have I encountered places that once you commit to buying something (be it a car or something else), the rest of the experience falls apart.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:43 AM
pipedream

Shifting my 12 6MT clutch is much smoother and grabs lower than the 10 370Z I traded in. It has been night and day.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Beer Magazine

The finance guy makes lots of money. In the end I'm happy. I got the car, and most people don't have a personality (you always here accounts are boring right). So in the end I care more about the service side than the guy putting the numbers into the computer.

I've had good experiences at some dealers. This one was done on Truecar and it was a great deal. The other dealer I was working with that couldn't close the deal (black car which I didn't want). This one did the deal on my trade without seeing it, although they somehow thought my car was a 10, not an 09 and tried telling me they were taking a hit...but the saleman did tell me it was the wholesale price on the car. They just wanted to make money if they decided to send it to auction.

But I also know they needed to sell cars to make their quota...as I told the salesman. If you don't want to do it I can roll up the street to the first dealer that is trying to get my business.

Originally Posted by Micron
Follow the money... the salesman gets a commission, it's likely that the finance guy does not. He/she has no incentive aside from keeping their job.

If dealing with the dealership for financing, I make it clear that the car isn't the only thing I'm looking for... If the entire sales experience isn't smooth and pleasant, what's to say that the rest of your relationship with the dealer won't end up the same way? Too often have I encountered places that once you commit to buying something (be it a car or something else), the rest of the experience falls apart.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by pipedream
Shifting my 12 6MT clutch is much smoother and grabs lower than the 10 370Z I traded in. It has been night and day.
Sometimes I think it's just a different seating position and the feel of a new car. I drove a 370 and thought the clutch was better feeling than my 04 350. I haven't driven a Nissan clutch since then. My 335 was very easy and perfect. Then it was Auto.

My 76 260 is totally different...but that doesn't have power steering either.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Micron
Unless you have the Sport Aero package, which adds the additional lip:

OP - I'm still scratching my head why people consider it a "short" throw... I feel like I'm getting a full upper-body workout compared to what I've used prior! I'm DYING to get it swapped out, but the wife won't approve it yet!

sport aero package does not exist anymore for the 2012s, you can get the front lip by itself for between $380 - $400..comes painted..

The G37 is a shorter throw than many other cars..Ive driven my friends M3 and that is one LONG throw..made me appreciate my coupe's shifting ergonomics.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Mr.Lewis

Congrats on joining the 6MT sedan club!
i have a '11 aero 6mt and love it.

are there any differences from the '11 to the 12?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I was curious why they took the ICC option out of the 6MT. I assumed it might be a safety issue.

How does the MT handle speed reduction controlled by the ICC?
An AT can simply downshift but what does an MT do if the ICC wants to slow the car way down and the driver isn't paying attention to gear/speed?

I had it in my '08 coupe 6mt..it was excellent however I never fully relied on it, meaning every time I used it on the highway and sensed congestion around me, I quickly disabled it and took complete control. It worked quite well when slowing down sensing a car ahead however I never fully trusted it and disabled again upon traffic congestion around me. Other than that on a late night cruise with open highways, 70mph ICC with the medium distance setting was what I used.. (70mph because I have 3 tickets lol)

**also if you drive directly towards a rising sun, the bright fresh solar rays fault the ICC system, I know this because of my early morning commutes