G37 Sedan

Sport Edition A7 plus winter detail PICS

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sport Edition A7 plus winter detail PICS

This weekend in Cleveland has been exceptionally nice, breaking 60 degrees both yesterday and today (to the 30's this coming week). Although mommy/wife is working all weekend and I have the kids exclusively during the day, I managed to get some things done with the car for winter. Yesterday I washed it prior to pulling the stock wheels (so they were clean while stored) and mounted up my winter set-up - 18x8 Sport Edition A7s with Blizzack LM25s, 225/50/18. I wasn't the biggest fan of the wheels, but after getting them on I was pleasantly surprised and didn't think it looked too bad for a winter wheel package.

Today, after seeing that it's pretty much the last outdoor day of the year and I hadn't waxed the G since beginning of summer, I figured I'd get a protective coat on for winter. I quickly realized I had left my Mequires synthetic sealant up at my boat and didn't have anything durable enough to make one application last most of the winter. I had to find something local and over the counter to get it done today. After some googling, I found a lot of very positive reviews on Collinite 845 being very durable and lasting around 6 months. Advanced Auto carries it so I headed up there with my 4 month old son and 3 year old daughter. Got some pretty funny looks at the auto part store that was packed with a bunch of DIY guys. It turned for the worst when my 3 year old says in the middle of the store, "I have to go potty really really bad". End up for a trip through the stock room with a car seat and her making our way to the employee bathroom. Anyway, made it home and was going to get waxing, but perfectionist me didn't like the "feel" of the paint. So prior to wax I did an entire clay bar once over, then proceeded to break out the buffer with a foam pad to apply the Collinite. This was not a smooth process for either step as I'm bouncing between inside managing the kids, bottle/food/etc. and sneaking out to the driveway for short periods of time.

FINALLY, I just got the car done about 45 min. ago and decided to take a quick drive up the street to snap a few pictures (also helped to put the 3 year to sleep for a nap).

Thought I'd post them for those considering the A7s.

[IMG] image upload[/IMG]

^One out one to go

Last edited by Ibanez540r; 11-26-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Mike S.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks GREAT! White is really growing on me.

How dark is that tint?
Old 11-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Ibanez540r

Originally Posted by Mike S.
Looks GREAT! White is really growing on me.

How dark is that tint?
Thanks! 35% all around (except windshield)
Old 11-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Mike S.

Cool. Well, I'm in Buffalo. My X is coming off lease in about 6 months. I'm toying with the idea of RWD Sport or the 6MT (RWD Only). Of course I'd need snows...so keep us posted with how well yours does in bad snow.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:06 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow man everytime I see the sedans it temps me lol at least the 2011s that new front end is so gorgeous . Nice car man!
Old 11-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Ibanez540r

Cool. Well, I'm in Buffalo. My X is coming off lease in about 6 months. I'm toying with the idea of RWD Sport or the 6MT (RWD Only). Of course I'd need snows...so keep us posted with how well yours does in bad snow.
Ya know, I tossed back and forth for months before getting the car in March. I couldn't get past all the extra goodies with the true sport package, and I'm such a car guy that I wasn't going to ruin the sports appeal by going X. Did lots of reading here and other placed where a lot had said the RWD with winters does better than the X with all seasons. I drive 12 hrs a day in a RWD car for work anyway and consider myself an exceptional driver so, I'm not too worried. But I'll post back first hand experience after a few good storms.

BTW if you end up RWD, good luck finding one local. Had to have mine shipped in from the south. (Which was another issue, didn't have the opportunity to drive them side by side to make a decision. Hade to choose RWD without comparison)
Old 11-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Ibanez540r

Originally Posted by VossenG37S
Wow man everytime I see the sedans it temps me lol at least the 2011s that new front end is so gorgeous . Nice car man!
Thanks man, AERO package really makes the car.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Mike S.

Yea...tell me about it. I should dig up the old threads. Back in 09 I special ordered a 6MT that after waiting 4 months was told "it was damaged in shipping". So...my X was a last minute decision b/c I needed a car right away (Nissan REALLY wanted their SE-R back).

I just drove a used 09 6MT the other day. It was a bit beat up as it was coming in off lease. I really liked it though.

In a few months i'm likely going to order a Sedan 6MT with Aero and Midnight Black Grille.

Now the mod bug has bit me too...
Old 11-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Ibanez540r

Yea...tell me about it. I should dig up the old threads. Back in 09 I special ordered a 6MT that after waiting 4 months was told "it was damaged in shipping". So...my X was a last minute decision b/c I needed a car right away (Nissan REALLY wanted their SE-R back).

I just drove a used 09 6MT the other day. It was a bit beat up as it was coming in off lease. I really liked it though.

In a few months i'm likely going to order a Sedan 6MT with Aero and Midnight Black Grille.

Now the mod bug has bit me too...
That's the only thing I've been kicking myself about. Not going 6MT. The wife talked me out of it because she wouldn't be able to drive it and wasn't willing to learn how. Now, because I'm so **** about the car, she's afraid and doesn't drive it anyway. Wouldn't have made a difference and could have got away with the MT.

I did the same thing with the car before this. That's twice now and I think I've learned my lesson. MT next, no questions asked.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Razz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very very nice…Congratulations, I had to wait to my kid was almost out of college. Enjoy
Old 11-26-2011, 07:43 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
I had planned on putting on my winters today but a buddy down the street has an OSU/Mich. party so I had to change plans; maybe tomorrow...

You car looks nice but I bet the rear-facing seat cramps the front passenger unless they are tiny.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Ibanez540r

Originally Posted by rks
I had planned on putting on my winters today but a buddy down the street has an OSU/Mich. party so I had to change plans; maybe tomorrow...

You car looks nice but I bet the rear-facing seat cramps the front passenger unless they are tiny.
Damn game...

Yeah, when the car seat is in there it's fairly tight up front. The wife is only 5'2", so it works. A little over half a year 'till he can go in the front facing.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:17 AM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice!! moonwhite my fav
Old 11-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Ibanez540r

Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
Nice!! moonwhite my fav
It's weird, I've always been in favor of black or dark blue on my previous cars, but something about white on the G really caught my eye. I love it. I've been noticing other certain vehicles in white that also jump out at me. I think it's my new favorite.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:52 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Very classy ride you've got there, cute kiddo too
When I saw this thread title I thought there'd be an Audi in the pics, lol.

Quick Reply: Sport Edition A7 plus winter detail PICS