Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
was he asian?
I'm betting on white trash
Old 05-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Lets keep the racial stuff out if it guys, it's irrelevant. He's a lowlife no matter what his ethnicity.

Call your insurance company and explain to them briefly what happened. If the way you describe it is how it appears on the police report, your company will subrogate on your behalf against his insurance. His company will pay the damages.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:09 PM
hollywhip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good thing you witnessed it. If you would have still been in the store the sorry scumbag probably would have driven off without a trace. What a bummer it will get repaired and look better than before sorry to hear that bro.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
I made a wrong move. I intended to contact my own insurance to inform them about the accident so that they have it on record in case the other guy tries to claim against me. My insurance company now has an open claim case and it looks like I'm trying to claim against them (my own insurance). I should have contacted the guy's insurance and have that settled first before notifying my own insurance company.

Maybe I should clear that up with my own insurance company that I'm not claiming against them and that my intention is to claim against the offender's insurance.

I also wonder how expensive is the repair. Some paint on the backup sensor is chipped off. If they have to repair that part, I assume it could get expensive.

You should be fine, and it's not a bad thing to do. If there's a problem with the guy, you have your insurance company to go after him and his insurance company.

Make sure you put into your claim an amount for diminished value. The repair will show up on Carfax and lessen your trade-in or resale value.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:08 PM
ShyAznB8oi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also wonder how expensive is the repair. Some paint on the backup sensor is chipped off. If they have to repair that part, I assume it could get expensive.
As long as you are not paying the damages, you are FINE..

BUT, your baby will be away for maybe a week or so..
Old 05-21-2011, 08:43 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
wow what a jackass...
Old 05-22-2011, 02:00 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Lack of personal accountability......the guy was a jerk; but you'll be ok provided he has insurance. Just be glad you were able to witness the situation.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:18 PM
G37SBS
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
what number did she dial? i always get confuse whether i should dial 911 or some other number for this kind of situation.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:36 PM
HappyG

Originally Posted by G37SBS
what number did she dial? i always get confuse whether i should dial 911 or some other number for this kind of situation.
Didn't know what other numbers to call, so she called 911.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:14 PM
NYCMaxima

Same **** happened to me, excpet I wasnt there to catch the douchebag, he just drove off. I was bugging out and cursing in the middle of the parking lot. Glad you caught the guy, he def would've just drove off and found another spot.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:57 PM
HappyG

Let the Detective Work Begin

After many calls to the police station, I finally got the police report.

It turn out that the other driver was not from NY but was driving somebody else's car that is registered in NY. He must be from one of those places that don't have to do parallel parking.

Here is the problem. I have the other party's insurance policy number, the plate number, and the VIN. But the insurance company name, phone number, or address was not stated in the police report.

How on earth can I go forward without the other party's insurance company contact info? All I have is the policy number that starts with VS.

If your policy number starts with VS, please let me know the insurance company contact info. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As previously suggested, you can have your insurance company subrogate it. You'll pay your deductible, then get it back when they recover from the other company. I'm sure _they_ can find out whose policy number it is!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:31 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
some people have no consideration for other peoples property. pisses me off.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
hope things work out for ya!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:29 PM
gee wiz

It turn out that the other driver was not from NY but was driving somebody else's car that is registered in NY.
Hope this doesn't turn out like our recent similar situation. The guy that hit my wife was driving someone else's insured car, but he was not named on the policy, so it turned out to be an uninsured motorist claim. Our insurance covered it, with us paying the deductible, but it just complicated and extended the process a little.

I know this all really sucks and will be a big burden on your time no matter what happens, but you just have to roll with it. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: My G is Hurt!