Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need G driver's input

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:50 PM
simonsez

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Need G driver's input

I currently drive 06 TL looking to replace my car. TL is a great car that nvr caused any problem past 5 years n 120k miles. Just did oil change every 5k miles.
So anyway, it came down to 2 cars that I am interested and I can't decide.

1. 2011 TL SH-AWD (face lifted 2012 isn't my style)
2. 2011 G37xS

Simply...llet me hear from you why I should take the G over TL (OTHER THAN TL'S UGLY GRILL)

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Z gave way to G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aspec2006
I currently drive 06 TL looking to replace my car. TL is a great car that nvr caused any problem past 5 years n 120k miles. Just did oil change every 5k miles.
So anyway, it came down to 2 cars that I am interested and I can't decide.

1. 2011 TL SH-AWD (face lifted 2012 isn't my style)
2. 2011 G37xS

Simply...llet me hear from you why I should take the G over TL (OTHER THAN TL'S UGLY GRILL)

Thanks in advance.

I actually think the TL is very sharp. I thought that grille was hideous until I envisioned it painted body color. (same with rear trunk molding)
Old 03-17-2011, 11:46 PM
tharbemiko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow what a coincidence. I had a 2010 TL SHAWD and just until recently I got my G37S. Whether you get the TL or the G is totally dependent on what you like. In terms of quality of the interior, I liked the TL a lot better (better quality leather and much more comfortable). There was also a ton of interior space and compartments in the TL, and barely any space in the G.

The steering for the TL felt WAY too light and you won't really feel that "connected" to the road. Also, it developed a terrible rattling problem in the back (not just my car either...many had the same problem). But for the G the steering feels much more responsive and there's no torque steer either. Yeah that's right...the TL SHAWD has torque steer if u gun it from start since there's a front-bias when you start rolling.

Here are the things I like about my G over my TL:
-More low end power
-Better looks...Don't get me wrong...I actually liked the TL grill(that's why I bought it) but the G looks much better.
-The grin you get when you gas at half throttle or more
-Price
-and other things I can't think of right now.

I personally haven't driven the xS so I wouldn't know about the AWD system on it so I can't comment on that.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:55 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
I will say this... I had an '04 G35 and I wasn't getting rid of it unless I was getting another G. I didn't even consider another car.

You, on the other hand have had an Acura TL for 5 years and are considering a G. There's your answer, IMO.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 AM
roots4x

The TL isn't really considered in the same league as a driver's car.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
obviously its up to you, but i dislike the new body style of the TL.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:22 AM
simonsez

Thanks for the comment! keep shooting more info/advices to me.

How realiable is G37 compare to TL ?
Which one has a better sound system ?
Old 03-18-2011, 12:25 AM
tharbemiko

Both are just as reliable if you maintain it well. TL has a better sound system (hurts to admit this )
Old 03-18-2011, 11:02 AM
moonsky

For the sound system, are you referring to the upgraded or the base ones? The upgraded Bose system in the G is supposed to be one of the better ones for manufacturer installed system.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:06 AM
simonsez

i'm comparing G's Bose vs TL's ELS
but like tharbemiko says TL's ELS audio is better...
Old 03-18-2011, 12:21 PM
fastlane45

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
When I was shopping for cars back in 09 I drove an Acura tl with sh-awd right before I drove a g37xs.. the g just feels so much better driving wise. The tl felt great after having driven a maxima and I thought I had found what I was looking for but then I drove the g and just wow.. what a difference. The Infiniti feels so much more planted so much more connected to the road it just makes you want to drive more and more whereas the tl was more concerned with keeping the ride comfortable which for me at least takes a lot away from the enjoyment of owning a sporty sedan. The g is the type of car that makes you want to just go for a drive just for the sake of driving. The tl definitely didn't have that quality but in a lot of ways it is better than the g. Basically, if you want a car that offers comfortablity above drive satisfaction go with the tl. But if you want a car that you will absolutely love to get into and drive every day then the g is your choice hands down. Just drive them both the same day you'll see what I mean right away. But if it is comfortability your looking for why not look at a c class or lexus es? The acura imo is kind of a confused car if you know what I mean.. its neither really good at being comfortable or a great drive
Old 03-18-2011, 01:21 PM
moonsky

Originally Posted by aspec2006
i'm comparing G's Bose vs TL's ELS
but like tharbemiko says TL's ELS audio is better...
Sound Designs: The Latest News in Stock Audio Systems - MSN Autos

Entirely possible that the ELS system is better, but the Bose one in the G has received praises too.

I think you are comparing two different cars given the size difference.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:33 PM
BLKG37X

I never drove the new TL. Drove the old TL and TL type S. They were ok. I've had my G for about a year now. And to this day, every time I pull into my garage after a drive and put it in Park, I find myself thinking God I Love My Car. Never felt this way before. The G just feels like "the one"
Old 03-18-2011, 03:14 PM
KLB

Originally Posted by BLKG37X
I never drove the new TL. Drove the old TL and TL type S. They were ok. I've had my G for about a year now. And to this day, every time I pull into my garage after a drive and put it in Park, I find myself thinking God I Love My Car. Never felt this way before. The G just feels like "the one"
I feel the same about mine. 2 years and 50K miles behind me and I still love the car.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:49 PM
blitzebill

like most have said here, for the $$, the G is the winner, hands down. I compared the G with Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and Cadillac.

The G had the most whp, features and fun for the $$ than any of them.

I LOVE MY G!

Quick Reply: Need G driver's input