G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wipers on G37x....Annoying me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Rain Xs as well. Had the same ones on my TL for years up until I traded it in. I just wanted to try the Icons. They work great too. Lets see how long these last.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:33 PM
apexi957

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was only me that thought the OEM wipers suck. They just smear water all over the place
Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Racer37x
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also hated the wipers on my new G37x (bought in October) and replaced them with Peak Optix wipers from Sam's Club yesterday. The spec sheet indicated the G37 Sedan should have 26 and 17 wipers but the 17 passenger wiper was hitting the window moulding so I returned them for the 16 inch (which is the stock size after lining them up side by side).

The new wipers work a lot better than the stockers. Same type of design but the bow seems more aggressive, if that makes sense. They were $10.88 each. I did try to clean the stock wipers but was still getting the streaking on the driver's side on the return stroke which was driving me crazy.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:36 PM
mike904

I just replaced mine with Rain X Latitudes. $17 each but they work much better than OEM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Morrissey

I think it's the spray system that is disappointing not the wipers. Anyone else? Hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
the spray system isn't the best either.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:03 AM
devil2k
Registered Member

I broke mine within one week of ownership. I replaced them with Reflex Hybrid and they broke as well. I'm going to replace them with Michelin this time.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
bitNine

Denver and the mountains are cold and icy and dry and we use no salt, but mag chloride is awful. After spending $2 on a wiper blade, and upwards of $20 on a single blade, I've found that they are all pretty much the same crap. I bought a set of Bosch Icon wipers for my truck about 3 months ago, and they are already shot. My last cheap-o set lasted almost a year. Probably put 2k miles on the truck since I put the Bosch's on. Never again will I spend $28 on a pair of wiper blades. Ridiculous junk.

My tips for wiper blades
-Don't spend a lot on blades, and replace them more often (buy 6 sets at $2, rather than 1 set at $12)
-Use armor all or some other sort of rubber penetrating lubricant on a towel, and rub down the rubber wiper blades to moisten. If blades are dry, they will suck. If you do this on a regular basis, they will last far longer. If they are already dried out, then you are SOL.

My car must not have been sitting around for very long, because the stock blades on my week old G37 are perfect. But I'm already ready to replace them, lol.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:54 PM
gimpy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I decided to replace my wipers yesterday so I went on the Bosch web site to get the right unit numbers from their list. The Autozone store by me carries the Icon wiper. After grabbing one for each side I noticed the pass. side one is a 17inch blade and after measuring the rubber before I headed out to the store I knew they measured 26 in. and 16 in.. Like it was said earlier, buy them by size and not by Bosch recomendations.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:38 AM
chairman25

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Had the same problem with my G35 XS. They always chattered and never cleaned properly.

Food for thought, do not use an amonia based window cleaner (Windex, etc), the amonia, over time will scratch the window glass (I was told this by my eye doctor). If you tint your windows this is even more important, because the amonia will destroy the tint.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bitNine
Denver and the mountains are cold and icy and dry and we use no salt, but mag chloride is awful. After spending $2 on a wiper blade, and upwards of $20 on a single blade, I've found that they are all pretty much the same crap. I bought a set of Bosch Icon wipers for my truck about 3 months ago, and they are already shot. My last cheap-o set lasted almost a year. Probably put 2k miles on the truck since I put the Bosch's on. Never again will I spend $28 on a pair of wiper blades. Ridiculous junk.

My tips for wiper blades
-Don't spend a lot on blades, and replace them more often (buy 6 sets at $2, rather than 1 set at $12)
-Use armor all or some other sort of rubber penetrating lubricant on a towel, and rub down the rubber wiper blades to moisten. If blades are dry, they will suck. If you do this on a regular basis, they will last far longer. If they are already dried out, then you are SOL.

My car must not have been sitting around for very long, because the stock blades on my week old G37 are perfect. But I'm already ready to replace them, lol.
Originally Posted by chairman25
Had the same problem with my G35 XS. They always chattered and never cleaned properly.

Food for thought, do not use an amonia based window cleaner (Windex, etc), the amonia, over time will scratch the window glass (I was told this by my eye doctor). If you tint your windows this is even more important, because the amonia will destroy the tint.
From my "vast" experience of driving over the years, I follow the advise of aold mechanic : clean the Blades with Denatured alcohol. It gets the rubber spot on clean, then apply just a light coating of rubber penetrating dressing or Armour All.... works very well... if they are cracked or twisted or damaged in any way, they must be replaced. The chattering comes from dirty blades usually. For what it's worth, my 2 cents. Oh yeah, another little trick, when you replace the window inspection or regi stickers, scrap the window sticker off, clean it with the same denatured alcohol (gets all the dirt and remnant glue right off ) let it dry, [dries very fast[, and then apply your new stickers.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Maxpilot

The best blades I have used on my G35 were the OEM inserts. They last me 18 months.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:37 PM
LightsOut

Local auto store can tell you
Old 06-15-2011, 08:50 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by LightsOut
bosch Icons work the best. I have them and they work wonderful. Awesome design as well.
Did you get the:

426A - 26" driver's side
416A - 16" passenger side

The Bosch website still incorrectly shows the 417B for the passenger side, but everyone says it's too long. They don't make a 416B.

What's the difference between the "A" and "B"?

I have the 2009 sedan.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:42 AM
maxfinity

I've had the Bosch Iconz for about 3mths now and the streaking has begun to return. Im going to clean the blades and see if this helps.

Quick Reply: Wipers on G37x....Annoying me!!!